Page 322 of 555 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Baelish had too much of a blindspot when it came to Sansa.

And he was simply too low of a highborn to have the "power is power" kind of power he really needed to rely less on Starks and Arryns for his indirect power.

Basically, he was too ambitious for the tools he had to work with, to try to get him the Throne. The show constantly reminds us that your name matters. Not even money was enough for Petyr (and the show suggested to me he had a good deal of money), as Ned reminded him:
    If he hadn't offered up Sansa to the Boltons, I wonder if he wouldn't have succeeded in getting Sansa to fall for him. His plan still might be undone by Bran, because there's no way he could account for that though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    *high five*

also can we talk about how pretty this show was shot this season?
    It really was it feels like a movie in how beautiful the scope of the cinematography is.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

A crazy outside of the box idea Petyr might have considered: He, of Bravosi ancestry and very successful in matters of finance, seeks employ with the Iron Bank and tries to get it more "active" in Westerosi politics (i.e. more controlling of Westerosi politics).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 02:39 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Jon is honorable almost to a fault, but he's punished by the writers for it when they make him make 'mistakes' because of his character (Jon didn't win the Battle of the Bastards - Sansa/Knights of the Vale did, Jon caused Dani's dragon to die by trying to be a hero against the wights, Jon bends the knee to Dani in the Dragonpit causing Cersei to refuse an alliance and Dani to get angry at him, etc, etc...).

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    The way Qyburn looked over the wright: was he jealous that someone out-mad scientist him? Maybe Cersei will ask him to make her own undead army.
    I'm sure he'd love to know how. While everyone else was terrified, he was just fascinated. He may be an evil mad scientist, but he's still a scientist.

He knows that they're susceptible to fire and dragonglass, so he'll probably be working on weaponizing those to the max for the defense of the southern realm.

Technically it should be easy to eliminate Viserion... throw a piece of dragonglass at him and he blows up, hopefully with the Night King on his back. But I'm sure the writers will come up with some complication, like that dragons are immune to dragonglass. But if they do that, there should also be drawbacks too. It would be cool if Viserion is only a kinda-wight like Benjen, and his loyalty to Dany will manifest itself and bite the NK in the ass.

Extraordinary Member

Solid season finale.

After last week's epic action set piece it was nice to get back to character interactions and intricate talks for most of the episode. We got lots of fun little reunions at the big power meeting, one of the top three most satisfying deaths in Littlefinger's trial, a big old confirmation that Jon Snow is indeed not a bastard and a nice ominous set piece that shows just how dangerous the White Walkers are now.

The most satisfying scene was definately the Starks finally taking down Littlefinger by turning all his machinations and plots against him and showing that without any of that he's just a lonely little man only looking out for himself. Nice to see that finally caught up to him.

Depsite my general dislike of Cersi, she gets a point for pointing out that she's decided was going to help the people who would totally turn against her once the white walker crisis was averted. Granted, she was lying about helping them. But at that moment I still think she made a fair point.

I wonder how many characters will make it through the final season.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Omg they aren't teleporting. Just cause you don't see the journey doesn't mean it doesn't take place. Do you need to see jack baur take a **** too? It's a world where a raven can deliver messages to someone thousands of miles a way. It's a world where dragons and white walkers exsist. Get over it.
    But it's also about the passage of time here as displayed in the show, of which then travel time is only a symptom. Indeed, I had no idea that Cersei, Jon, and the rest of the meeting were waiting for hours for Dany to arrive with her dragons, because there was no clue about the passage of time. Only Cersei's pithy line of, "...you're late" did it actually show. Compare to the past couple seasons where it took characters weeks to travel from Winterfell to King's Landing, and spent months wandering in Essos heading west or beyond the Wall.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I wrote a scene for Season Eight: (feel free to use this HBO)

Lannister General: Queen Cersei, what is our plan to defeat the White Walkers?

Cersei: We don't help the Northern effort and in fact hurt it and pray Jon and Daenerys win anyway against this ancient legendary threat that's at least 100,000 strong.

Lannister General: My queen, what if...they don't win against this awesome ancient evil?

Cersei: Well, we'll cede Westeros to this Night King and a small group of us will miserably struggle to survive in powerless exile on some islands. Sure, I'll open myself up to a high risk of eventual mutiny or power struggle, but so what.

Lannister General: My queen, what if the White Walkers find a way to get to our islands via ships or, say, a dead dragon?

Cersei: Ha! Dead flying dragon. Next you'll be asking me about grumpkins and snarks I expect.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    But it's also about the passage of time here as displayed in the show, of which then travel time is only a symptom. Indeed, I had no idea that Cersei, Jon, and the rest of the meeting were waiting for hours for Dany to arrive with her dragons, because there was no clue about the passage of time. Only Cersei's pithy line of, "...you're late" did it actually show. Compare to the past couple seasons where it took characters weeks to travel from Winterfell to King's Landing, and spent months wandering in Essos heading west or beyond the Wall.
    It's been a complaint for many this season but this was the first scene that bothered me a bit as it ruined that line. There really was nothing to mark the passage of time, there should have perhaps been cut scenes developing other elements interspersed in the middle of that scene to help create the illusion of time passing.

BANNED

Lannister General: Queen Cersei, what is our plant to defeat the White Walkers?

Cersei: We don't help the northern effort and in fact hurt it and pray Jon and Daenerys win anyway against this ancient legendary threat that's at least 100,000 strong.

Lannister General: My queen, what if they don't win against this awesome ancient evil?

Cersei: Well, we'll cede Westeros to this Night King and a small group of us will miserably struggle to survive on some islands. Sure, I'll open myself up to a high risk of eventual mutiny or power struggle, but so what.

Lannister General: My queen, what if they find a way to get to our islands via ships or a dead dragon?

Cersei: Ha! Dead flying dragon. Next you'll be asking me about grumpkins and snarks I expect.
    Solution -- Cersei should marry the Night King.

The Iron Throne of Westeros shall not be wrested from their cold, dead hands.

Though she'll end up marrying Euron Greyjoy, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Jon is honorable almost to a fault, but he's punished by the writers for it when they make him make 'mistakes' because of his character (Jon didn't win the Battle of the Bastards - Sansa/Knights of the Vale did, Jon caused Dani's dragon to die by trying to be a hero against the wights, Jon bends the knee to Dani in the Dragonpit causing Cersei to refuse an alliance and Dani to get angry at him, etc, etc...).
    Jon is sometimes punished for his faults ... but he usually come out on top anyways. So that's not so bad. call it luck or main character plot armor or whatever, but his code of honor hasn't truly failed him yet. He's fumbled the ball, but has still always managed to recover and get first down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Jon is sometimes punished for his faults ... but he usually come out on top anyways. So that's not so bad. call it luck or main character plot armor or whatever, but his code of honor hasn't truly failed him yet. He's fumbled the ball, but has still always managed to recover and get first down.
    You're right, of course. He's a hero, that's what heroes do.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    You're missing the point. There's noway they're getting out of The War For the Dawn without HEAVY casualties. And Cersei won't give a **** about what Jon or Danny accomplishes. Now they said they was going for a bitter sweet ending with the show. I suspect who ever is the last monarch standing they're going to be the King/Queen of the ashes.
    Jaimie brought this up within the show before he finally left KL. Cersei plot is stupid, but i get a sense she doesn't really care anymore. She's just in the now. I'm really interested in how the show resolves this situation which seems like a political, military quagmire. I just hope they don't cheat and sell the WW's short.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Lannister General: Queen Cersei, what is our plan to defeat the White Walkers?

Cersei: We don't help the Northern effort and in fact hurt it and pray Jon and Daenerys win anyway against this ancient legendary threat that's at least 100,000 strong.

Lannister General: My queen, what if...they don't win against this awesome ancient evil?

Cersei: Well, we'll cede Westeros to this Night King and a small group of us will miserably struggle to survive in powerless exile on some islands. Sure, I'll open myself up to a high risk of eventual mutiny or power struggle, but so what.

Lannister General: My queen, what if the White Walkers find a way to get to our islands via ships or, say, a dead dragon?

How about this

The only way whitewalkers can reproduce is to turn infant humans right?, so they need a steady supply of them. Wiping out mankind would mean dooming themselves to extinction. I'm betting the Night King's true objective is to take the Iron Throne for himself. Humans would then be under his control, and every town and city in Westeros would have to pay a tribute in newborn babies for their king's generous protection (i.e. not being destroyed by the army of the dead). Since wights do rot and eventually fall apart the deceased would also be reserved for them. No more burials or cremations. Walkers would become the new nobility and all humans their subjects ... forever.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Question for book readers. The kid in who thought he was a targareon that got burnt by the dragon at the end of the book and was a waste of a plot point. Was he supposed to be aegon targareon in the books. Was it all a lie is that why he got burnt or was he just not strong enough like visaries. He was supposed to be related some how right? Like a cousin or something?
    Who are you referring to here? What episode and season would help.

Now with Jon and Danie being aunt and nephew how much of the same DNA is actually intermingling? I mean yeah it's gross from our perspective and yeah the Christian bible forbids some relations but not all of them. I'd have to go to book to remember them all but I'm sure aunt nephew is forbidden.
    This family tree should give you an idea.

Jon and Dany are roughly the same age but given their familial ties they're pretty close genetically. Speaking in genealogical terms, Dany and Jon are from different generations. Jon is Dany's nephew once (one generation) removed; is the expression.

It's just oogey if you think about it too much. However, in the roughly 25-26 states in the US and a dozen or so first world countries around marrying your first cousin (the child of one of your parent's siblings) it legal.