Page 323 of 555 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Omg they aren't teleporting. Just cause you don't see the journey doesn't mean it doesn't take place. Do you need to see jack baur take a **** too? It's a world where a raven can deliver messages to someone thousands of miles a way. It's a world where dragons and white walkers exsist. Get over it.
    The journey simply doesn't take place as quickly as depicted. It's really jarring. White Walkers existing has nothing to do with this, that's an established idea. Fiction has rules, just because a dragon exists doesn't mean that logic be damned. I hate that argument so much. A world where Superman exists should have NO basis of logic at all...because Superman is there? Dragons and white walkers are established here, they're a part of this world.

The reason people are highlighting this fact, is because the show was once REALLY good at being an immersive world where things like that were fully taken into account. I get that we are running out of time, but it's very jarring.

You can 100% criticize a show and still enjoy it. I love Game of Thrones a hella lot, despite these recent flaws- but they are flaws.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-28-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Who are you referring to here? What episode and season would help.

This family tree should give you an idea.

Jon and Dany are roughly the same age but given their familial ties they're pretty close genetically. Speaking in genealogical terms, Dany and Jon are from different generations. Jon is Dany's nephew once (one generation) removed; is the expression.

It's just oogey if you think about it too much. However, in the roughly 25-26 states in the US and a dozen or so first world countries around marrying your first cousin (the child of one of your parent's siblings) it legal.
    Did you miss the part where I said question for book readers. If you ha e read the book you know who I'm talking about.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If he hadn't offered up Sansa to the Boltons, I wonder if he wouldn't have succeeded in getting Sansa to fall for him. His plan still might be undone by Bran, because there's no way he could account for that though.
    i forgot what baelish looked to gain from that move. must be cause it was totally against any logic.

i disliked how they write bran. all the fuzz about him being the all knowing trash heap, and then in the very first scene he reveals something of real importance, he is wrong with the details. sand not snow. a deus ex machina showing signs of imcompetence. weird

are we viewers expected to believe that the stark kids had some sort of match-plan talk before the trail?
    cause to me, they seemed to act on the fly.
    that´s why sansa and arya reconcil after LF is dead.

my memory is fuzzy about lyssa at the moment. did sansa heard about jon arryen while LF killed her aunt? does book sansa know? i thought lyssa revealed that in a moment of privacy with LF.
    i hope book LF will have a better exit. he is in a way better position
    he would have had a lyn corbray at winterwell.

i am pretty sure GRRM wrote himself into a corner after the red wedding and realized that. the lannisters had won! then it is revealed that they are out of gold and the ironbank is introduced. the show faced a similar problem this season with dany in a postion far to comfortable for any suspense

the only teleporting that really really bothered me was grey worm&unsullied. winterfell/dragonstone, dragonstone/eastwatch is dwarved (sorry tyrion) by the distance to casterly rock from the eastern parts of westeros. it bothered me that they popped up there with ships. and this episode they must have marched ACROSS the whole bloody continent

i also wonder if we will get more rhaegar flashbacks. was he hiding mostly from his father than from team robert because his father thought, maybe rightfully, that he wanted to take the throne before he would inherit it?
    that the mad king was as mad at all because there were actual conspiracy against his rule?
    Last edited by abulafia; 08-28-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    i forgot what baelish looked to gain from that move. must be cause it was totally against any logic.
    It was a smart move in theory because the Boltons had firm enough control of the most significant Northern forces. If Sansa or Petyr ever hoped to make a path towards having significant northern troops serving their general interests, they needed to "join up" with the Boltons (and maybe hope down the road, they would show an opportunity to oust them).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Did you miss the part where I said question for book readers. If you ha e read the book you know who I'm talking about.
    No need to be snippy. It's not like you know who you are talking about. Hence you asking the question in the first place. Lol

The person Varys is supporting in the books is alleged to be Aegon Targaryen (the son of Rhaegar and Ellia Martell). Varys allegedly switched the babies before the Lannister men could murder him, and Varys and other supporters for a Targaryen restoration have been grooming Aegon to be a leader ever since.

It should be noted that not all Targaryens are fire proof like Dany is shown to be in the show. The first time (when she stepped on to Drogo's funeral pyre) was magical and meant to showcase something special happening. What D&D did in season 6, when Dany kills all the Khals, should not have happened according to GRRM. The show runners have just gone with the notion that Dany is totally fire proof. The man who claimed to be Aegon has been burned, Jon has been burned (in season 1 when he grabbed that lamp to kill the Walker), Maester Aemon was burned on his funeral pyre in season 5 and Viserys died from having molten gold poor on his head.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 08-28-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am wondering if when they do finally defeat the Night King if that might me the end of magic itself. They have said for a while that it will be a bittersweet ending, and if magic was gone that might mean the dragons and anything touched by magic would die too including Jon. It might also mean Bran would lose the sight and be normal again also since without the Night King what need is there for a Three Eyed Raven.

Just something I happened to think of watching the finale.

Also am I the only one that thinks it might be kinda of poetic if in the end Sansa ends up with Gendry to restart House Baratheon at Storms End? Robert did want his child and Ned's to be joined so it would kind of be like coming full circle. Plus that would leve Winterfell open for Arya to become the Warden of the North since Bran doesn't seem to ever want the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    No need to be snippy. It's not like you know who you are talking about. Hence you asking the question in the first place. Lol

The person Varys is supporting in the books is alleged to be Aegon Targaryen (the son of Rhaegar and Ellia Martell). Varys allegedly switched the babies before the Lannister men could murder him, and Varys and other supporters for a Targaryen restoration have been grooming Aegon to be a leader ever since.

It should be noted that not all Targaryens are fire proof like Dany is shown to be in the show. The first time (when she stepped on to Drogo's funeral pyre) was magical and meant to showcase something special happening. What D&D did in season 6, when Dany kills all the Khals, should not have happened according to GRRM. The show runners have just gone with the notion that Dany is totally fire proof. The man who claimed to be Aegon has been burned, Jon has been burned (in season 1 when he grabbed that lamp to kill the Walker) and Viserys died from having molten gold poor on his head.
    So he was also named aegon? Rhaegar was related to Daenerys how? Sorry for my ignorance the names are too damned similar.

Is Rhaegar the one who "kidnapped" Lyanna? I know the mad king had three kids but he also had two siblings right

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am wondering if when they do finally defeat the Night King if that might me the end of magic itself.
    I think the opposite. They let time make them forget about the magical world they need to always be plugged in to, and I think the NK defeat and all this will be a lasting lesson of: Don't ever again forget about or diminish magic's influence on our lives and our world.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It was a smart move in theory because the Boltons had firm enough control of the most significant Northern forces. If Sansa or Petyr ever hoped to make a path towards having significant northern troops serving their general interests, they needed to "join up" with the Boltons (and maybe hope down the road, they would show an opportunity to oust them).
    Is there any chance little finger was involved in Riccon be caught and brought to the Boltons. Cause positioning two starks captive in winterfel is a good way to get Jon Snow and his wildling army to march on it. Ultimately leaving sansa in charge because who would known they would choose the bastard as king.. And Sansa is Someone he thinks he can manipulate. I rarely rewatch episodes so im a little hazy on details. Giving them Sansa wasnt that bad if little finger knew how much power jon had.

Its entirely possible im misremembering some stuff and none of what i said makes any sense. I love GOT but there is so much going on it often forget names and events untill im reminded of them. Never read the books

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is there any chance little finger was involved in Rickon be caught and brought to the Boltons.
    No, Rickon and Osha caused it themselves alone. In Season 3 before they reach the Wall, Rickon and Osha split up from the rest of the group and head to Last Hearth, the seat of the Umbers.

And the Umbers simply chose to turn traitor to House Stark and join the victorious House Bolton, the new official ruling House, and promptly arrested them.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It's funny because I don't think they ever explained exactly why Petyr did that. We sort of have to speculate.

The obvious answer, like you said, was to ally yourselves with the most powerful force in the North.

If he understood what sort of a monster Ramsey really was, he quite possible placed Sansa in that position so he could use her as a reason to organize the Veil and the rest of the North against Bolton. He could save Sansa, free the North, and take power for himself.

Or if we wanna give him a little more credit, maybe it started off as option A and evolved into option B when he realized what he ended up doing to Sansa. In his own way he probably did care about Sansa.

the only reason that i can imagine knowing so little about rhaegar and this whole aegon/prince to come thing at this late point in the story is, that it will be bran that will put rhaegar on the night king´s trail and maybe influence him similar to what happend to hodor. basiclly bran being the reason for robert´s rebellion
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

It's funny because I don't think they ever explained exactly why Petyr did that. We sort of have to speculate.
    There was a scene where Petyr said something about it being her way back to ruling (as part of family Bolton) or retaking Winterfell. Also I think he mentioned or suggested how it was a stepping stone move toward the I.Throne.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    the only reason that i can imagine knowing so little about rhaegar and this whole aegon/prince to come thing at this late point in the story is, that it will be bran that will put rhaegar on the night king´s trail and maybe influence him similar to what happend to hodor. basiclly bran being the reason for robert´s rebellion
    What are you talking about? What does rhaegar have to do with the night king?

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Northerners respect strength and honor, Sansa showed both in exposing Littlefingers lies

yes, there were some Norther Lords who were uneasy about Jon or Sansa, but those fears were laid to rest last night
    How did she expose them? She just laid charges and LF started crying. It was horribly executed. If we had an actual battle of the wits between those two then it would be ok but we didnt get that.

LF built his entire game plan around putting Sansa in power ... it relied entirely on having her in her pocket.

And yeah, why wouldn't everyone agree with Sansa? Northerners have no reason to take his word over hers. The Veil might take his side if not for him murdering the Veils previous leaders, so he was gonna get no help on that front.

His eggs were all in one basket. Sansa. She was his meal ticket. Without her, he had nothing but the Veil and the nature of those accusations assured he wouldn't even have that

Again, there are no judges or juries here. Sansa made the call and that was that.
    Was that his whole plan? That was A plan he had, putting her in charge then manipulating her, but i never got the idea that was his only plan.

LF is supposed to be some top level schemer and this last episode just turned him into a dude who just happens to not be stupid. But if anyone steps up he gets destroyed.