Page 325 of 555 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

I'm binging the first six seasons again.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    been reading the series since 2004, all thats pretty much said is Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna Stark

not a lot of meat in the sandwich until last night
    I don't read the books, but there had to have been something more than just that. People have been guessing what was just revealed is what actually happened for years now.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And you don't build up a character for so long, give her all of these accomplishments, only to have her go "well, now I'm cool with playing second-fiddle/housewife to the guy that I have the hots for." That's not subverting clichés/tropes, that's embracing and running with them 110%.
    I should maybe clarify and say I predict Jon and Dany will be de facto (i.e. unofficial) co-rulers, just not de jure co-rulers. I think Tyrion and Varys or etc might say: Let's not declare it officially and legally.

Again, I'm thinking Dany will be asked to sacrifice something she really wants. Assuming she survives the war. And I think too much is being made of this Aegon business, this must be Iron Throne related and I don't think Jon & Dany go to war with each other.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and they will officially co-rule and that would a big enough sacrifice for Dany.

I think Dany will be forced to think about her pride and what Rhaegar wanted.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Daenerys may have good intentions and wants to be a benevolent despot... but she has always wanted power, and the revelations about Jon are not going to go down well with her. She will not want to cede or share power after so many years of working single-mindedly toward the Iron Throne. I don't imagine they'll go to war with each other, but there's a good chance of a tragic outcome to it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    I don't read the books, but there had to have been something more than just that. People have been guessing what was just revealed is what actually happened for years now.
    Not really. He maybe reason people guessed Jon's parentage is three fold.

1. Ned finds Lyanna in a bed of blood and nothing more is explained. Childbirth is a pretty good explanation for that.

2. The KingsGuard who are sworn to defend the king and his heirs are defending Lyanna. They would never do that. Especially after it was known Rheagar and Aerys were killed. It would have been their sworn duty to protect Rhaella, Visery's (the new king), and the soon to be born Dany. They weren't. They were presumably protecting a the daughter of the deceased Warden of the North, who was betrothed to the usurper.

3. Ned never refers to Jon as his son in his inner monologue. He calls Jon his blood.

4. Ned never thinks I'll of Rheagar who supposedly kidnapped, raped, and caused the death of his sister.

So logically after years of analysis people deduced that Ned who would never break a vow like marriage. Went off to war and the bastard boy he brought back was really the heir to the Iron Throne being protected by his KingsGuard after his mother died in a bed blood. From there it's deduced that he hid Jon because his best friend Robert just confined the murder of two Targaryen children and was having two others hunted down. It also adds context to why Ned was so infuriated when many years later Robert wanted to assasinate Dany and Visery's after the former' marriage to Khal Drogo. Because he realized how easily Jon being a Targaryen heir could face the wrath of a Robert.

There is actually very little context concerning the relationship of Rheagar and Lyanna. The only ever mention besides a kidnap and rape is that Rheagar won a famous tournament at Harrenhall and named Lyanna the queen of love and beauty over his wife, which was scandalous, but it was always assumed that was the first meeting and the next was the kidnapping.

Meera Reed, who was the daughter of Howland Reed who was the only survivor of Ned's party to rescue Lyanna, makes a cryptic mention that she is shocked Ned never told Bran about the tourney at Harrenhall

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Daenerys may have good intentions and wants to be a benevolent despot... but she has always wanted power, and the revelations about Jon are not going to go down well with her. She will not want to cede or share power after so many years of working single-mindedly toward the Iron Throne. I don't imagine they'll go to war with each other, but there's a good chance of a tragic outcome to it.
    I do agree with reviewers that predict a pregnancy is in Dany's future. I think that will further conflict her and make her think long and hard about what she intends to do with Jon, the father of her child and her nephew and last son of her beloved-by-everyone-who-mattered brother.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

To me it's plainly obvious that Dany is the Moses of this story. She is spending the whole story fighting for Throne she will come just short of sitting on. It never really belonged to her.

I can't believe Ghost remained absent for the entirety of season 7. They brought Nymeria back, but Ghost wasn't even mentioned. Not once. I'm disappointed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I can't believe Ghost remained absent for the entirety of season 7. They brought Nymeria back, but Ghost wasn't even mentioned. Not once. I'm disappointed.
    It was really weird. You'd think they'd of had him there just to show he too as a special animal like Dany does. Guess it was a budget thing? The lack of Ghost did have me wondering if he died and I'd just forgotten it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    To me it's plainly obvious that Dany is the Moses of this story. She is spending the whole story fighting for Throne she will come just short of sitting on. It never really belonged to her.
    That doesn't sound very Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    But Bran has no actual evidence. Plus he was stuck in wildling land for a long time. LF should easily discredit him as just going along with his sister.
    The thing is, it's heavily implied that Sansa convinced the Arryn bannermen before the trial even started. Sansa outcharismaed and outsneaked Littlefinger behind the scenes. That was the real battle here, really, the battle between Sansa's politicking and Littlefinger's politicking. A battle she won before anyone even entered the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    It was really weird. You'd think they'd of had him there just to show he too as a special animal like Dany does. Guess it was a budget thing? The lack of Ghost did have me wondering if he died and I'd just forgotten it.
    I don't think it was the budget thing. Dragons were present in almost every single episode. They couldn't do Ghost for once? It's been weird since half way through season 6. Ghost has just vanished. No one even talks about him. Was he supposed to die in season 6 but writers forgot to write his death?

BANNED

I don't think it was the budget thing. Dragons were present in almost every single episode. They couldn't do Ghost for once? It's been weird since half way through season 6. Ghost has just vanished. No one even talks about him. Was he supposed to die in season 6 but writers forgot to write his death?
    Yeah, they were doing a bunch of stuff that cost money this season, which is why it was probably a budget thing. Apparently they filmed a scene where he'd show up, but it was cut.

a pet peeve!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Not really. He maybe reason people guessed Jon's parentage is three fold.

1. Ned finds Lyanna in a bed of blood and nothing more is explained. Childbirth is a pretty good explanation for that.

2. The KingsGuard who are sworn to defend the king and his heirs are defending Lyanna. They would never do that. Especially after it was known Rheagar and Aerys were killed. It would have been their sworn duty to protect Rhaella, Visery's (the new king), and the soon to be born Dany. They weren't. They were presumably protecting a the daughter of the deceased Warden of the North, who was betrothed to the usurper.

3. Ned never refers to Jon as his son in his inner monologue. He calls Jon his blood.

4. Ned never thinks I'll of Rheagar who supposedly kidnapped, raped, and caused the death of his sister.

So logically after years of analysis people deduced that Ned who would never break a vow like marriage. Went off to war and the bastard boy he brought back was really the heir to the Iron Throne being protected by his KingsGuard after his mother died in a bed blood. From there it's deduced that he hid Jon because his best friend Robert just confined the murder of two Targaryen children and was having two others hunted down. It also adds context to why Ned was so infuriated when many years later Robert wanted to assasinate Dany and Visery's after the former' marriage to Khal Drogo. Because he realized how easily Jon being a Targaryen heir could face the wrath of a Robert.

There is actually very little context concerning the relationship of Rheagar and Lyanna. The only ever mention besides a kidnap and rape is that Rheagar won a famous tournament at Harrenhall and named Lyanna the queen of love and beauty over his wife, which was scandalous, but it was always assumed that was the first meeting and the next was the kidnapping.

Meera Reed, who was the daughter of Howland Reed who was the only survivor of Ned's party to rescue Lyanna, makes a cryptic mention that she is shocked Ned never told Bran about the tourney at Harrenhall
    a good comprehension on most things jon for the show viewer´s. a long time i couldn´t wrap my head around why ned never even told cait the truth.
    because his best friend might want to kill jon! the danger was far to big to tell anyone. also allowing jon to join the night watch gets a deeper perspective.
    aemon after all was never harmed by robert, despite being a royal targarean.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Rhaegar_Targaryen
    "Rhaegar was very bookish in his youth, such that people jested that the Queen must have swallowed some books and a candle while he was in her womb. As a boy, he was able to impress the maesters with his wit. He only became a warrior after reading something that changed his outlook, and thence pursued his martial training with as much dedication as his studies.

Apparently, Rhaegar read some prophecy in an arcane book about The Prince That Was Promised, who would save the world from the return of the White Walkers. For a time, it seems that Rhaegar thought he himself was the Prince, but later he apparently thought it would be his children: noting that "the dragon has three heads" (referring to the Targaryen sigil), he seems to have been convinced that the prophecy about "the" Prince actually referred to three people acting together: the Targaryens had first conquered and united Westeros when led by three dragon-riders."

i think bran might have a hand in rhaegar´s discovery of the prophecy as well as driving aerys mad. maybe samwell will somehow have a connection to this in the books as well.
    maester marwyn is imho one of the most interesting characters introduced late into the story. curious what he will bring to the table.

checking sam´s wiki i noticed that his mother and selyse are cousins. was that ever adressed when stannis was at the wall?

sorry for mixing show with books discussion. but it is a very unnique case, that a modern classic behind in storytelling to his other media spinoff. and guessing what will be revealed as true to GRRM´s work is too much fun for me.
    for example the "beyond the wall" episode will not happen in the books. the NW already has captured several undead and i doubt they´ll bother sending another one to KL.
    maybe GRRM will give the NK a dragon, but it will happen totally different way
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

We shall never know Petyr's full last words:
    What were your dying words? It was “I …,” then you died out.

Aidan Gillen: I can’t tell you that. Actors have a responsibility to interpret a character and bring something of their own. They have a duty to protect the dignity and the mystery of the character, including not over-discussing details like that, after the fact.

I think over-discussing things, particularly in a show that’s as over-discussed as “Game of Thrones” is diminishing. My job, as this character, will probably go on for a while avoiding questions like that. It’s a good one to ask, but Littlefinger will take secrets to his grave and so will I. Not too soon though, hopefully.
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html