Page 329 of 555 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Apparently, Sophie Turner has had to argue with (this should make anyone laugh) angry Baelish defenders. What!?

http://time.com/4920572/game-of-thro...-littlefinger/
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Apparently, Sophie Turner has had to argue with (this should make anyone laugh) angry Baelish defenders. What!?

http://time.com/4920572/game-of-thro...-littlefinger/
    I've a friend of a friend who finds Middlefinger incredibly attractive, in appearance and mannerism. To her credit though, she acknowledges that that's the only thing she likes about him. I can't imagine anyone defending his actions or motives.

Though yeah, Aiden Gillen killed it in the role. And kudos to Sophie Turner for standing firm but just engaging the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I can't imagine anyone defending his actions or motives.
    I hope some just don't realize what all he did (oh, like basically started the War of the Five Kings). I made fun of my sister because she was a faithful watcher, seemingly knew all the big stuff, but when Olenna confessed to Jaime: it was news to her

And I was stunned....what do you mean you didn't know she & Petyr killed Joffrey?...S4 told us, S6 reminded us, etc.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-29-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Im sure this gets asked alot but i still have no idea why Eddard went by Ned? Shouldnt he have been Ed?
    They tried Fred (Fred of Flintstone), but it felt cartoonish.

They tried Jed, but it sounded low class.

They tried Ted, but the bear sigil was already taken.

Original join date: sometime in 2002

Thats what you get for trying to sound out a GOT name. Shoulda googled it.

Im sure this gets asked alot but i still have no idea why Eddard went by Ned? Shouldnt he have been Ed?
    John f Kennedy went by Jack. Who knows where people come up with this shit. I've known Peggys whose real name was Margaret and Olivias who went by sally.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I've a friend of a friend who finds Middlefinger incredibly attractive, in appearance and mannerism. To her credit though, she acknowledges that that's the only thing she likes about him. I can't imagine anyone defending his actions or motives.

Though yeah, Aiden Gillen killed it in the role. And kudos to Sophie Turner for standing firm but just engaging the fans.
    I liked him in the beginning. I knew a girl who claimed he was her favorite character and was pissed there wasn't any little finger merchandise but ended up calling me super creepy. I am but still I'm not trying to screw the daughter of someone I claimed to be in love with.

Matt "peace out suckas"

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I agree there. Far too many people and different types of people watching this show. It will be controversial.

The book/show are based a good bit on the War of the Roses, so it will be interesting to see if the end will also bear some resemblance to how it ended with Henry VII.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses
    It'll be like Lost all over again lol i was on this very board back then. It was...interesting to say the least. Back on the IMDB boards a guy brought up he'd be disappointing if the Tv show proves that Book Dorne story line is a waste of time. Saying he'd be disappointed if it just falls a part like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    John f Kennedy went by Jack. Who knows where people come up with this shit. I've known Peggys whose real name was Margaret and Olivias who went by sally.
    Lol i figured there was an answer in the books. Guess its just a nickname that sounds similar to what his shortened name would be.

I don't believe (for now) Bran is the NK. I think that's ridiculous. I do think the NK could be a Stark ancestor though.

Anyway, somebody noticed this...which is perhaps something, perhaps not:
    https://twitter.com/hareem_sajjad/st...7-finale-79719

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Well Ned never told Cat because he barely knew her. Cat was engaged to marry Ned's brother. Ned's brothers death at the hands of the Mad King started the war. Ned (along with Robert were slated for death). He sneaked from the Vale to the Winterfell to call his banners. Eventually to bring the Riverlands to his side, Ned and Jon Aryn married Cat and Lysa. Ned then left for more war like the next day and came back with Jon.

She didn't know or like Ned, Jon was a threat to all of house Stark including Catelyn and her children, Catelyn made no secret that she despised Jon and wished I'll upon him. Ned really had no reason to believe if Cat found out she wouldn't run to Robert and organize immunity for herself and her children to give up Jon.
    ? in their early months maybe. but they clearly grew to love eachother. also cait tried to love jon. at first she wished him to die and then he got some childrenflu and she went into guilt mode.
    but that was all revealed later in the story.
    during the events of book 1 ned and cait were a loving couple. so it puzzled me that he never told her that he never betrayed their marriage with another women.
    i only understood when i read about the tower of joy AND robert´s bloodthirst against the targarieans. which was just hurt pride
    family trait nevertheless:

Lord of Storm's End

Lyonel was a leal supporter of King Aegon V Targaryen when he was Lord of Storm's End, so the king was pleased to arrange a betrothal of his eldest son and heir, Prince Duncan Targaryen, to Lord Lyonel's daughter.[4][3]

Prince Duncan later broke that betrothal when he fell in love and married the commonborn Jenny of Oldstones. This enraged Lord Lyonel, who felt the honor of House Baratheon was insulted. He renounced his fealty to the Iron Throne and declared himself Storm King. A short rebellion followed, which ended when Lyonel yielded to Ser Duncan the Tall of the Kingsguard during a trial by battle. Prince Duncan renounced his claim to the throne, and King Aegon agreed to betroth his youngest daughter, Princess Rhaelle Targaryen, to Lyonel's heir, Ormund Baratheon. Aegon V sent Rhaelle to Storm's End as Lord Lyonel's cupbearer and companion to his lady wife.[4][3]
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

The flu starting is from the tv series not the books if I remember correctly. Pretty sure they did that cause she was getting shit on line.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Apparently the director of the final episode said Tyerion is not romanticly in love with Dany. So I was wrong, his love for her is of a less sexuak nature. He probaly knows something we dont and is sad for them not upset with them.

Apparently the director of the final episode said Tyerion is not romanticly in love with Dany. So I was wrong, his love for her is of a less sexuak nature. He probaly knows something we dont and is sad for them not upset with them.
    Dinklage said in July that Tyrion was smitten with Dany, I posted on it pages back. The director here more seemed to be talking about this particular instance of reaction by Tyrion. Either way, I wonder if Dinklage and the director agree on precisely what the scene was about. I'll agree with the director on this scene, but Dinklage's remarks still seem to stand (at least to leave us wondering).

This new interview though is a must-read, he offers a lot of opinions on stuff people are talking about: The Wall's magic or lack thereof, Arya/Sansa/Bran, etc
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/game-of...danys-boat-sex
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-29-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Anyone else start singing the love boat theme when she said she was sailing back with him.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I don't believe (for now) Bran is the NK. I think that's ridiculous. I do think the NK could be a Stark ancestor though.

Anyway, somebody noticed this...which is perhaps something, perhaps not:
    https://twitter.com/hareem_sajjad/st...7-finale-79719
    Nah, those people are reachin.