Page 330 of 555 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

People are defending Littlefinger because, unlike cartoonishly evil characters like Joffrey or Ramsay or Walder, he's an evil guy who acts like a nice guy.

Even fictional people like Littlefinger find real people eager to buy what they're selling. People are easily fooled by a friendly face.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Apparently the director of the final episode said Tyerion is not romanticly in love with Dany. So I was wrong, his love for her is of a less sexuak nature. He probaly knows something we dont and is sad for them not upset with them.
    It could be he just knows them starting up something like this on the eve of the biggest war ever fought in Westerous is not a good idea on any level. I would be thinking "Really? You two could not keep it in your pants just a little while longer?"

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't believe (for now) Bran is the NK. I think that's ridiculous. I do think the NK could be a Stark ancestor though.

Anyway, somebody noticed this...which is perhaps something, perhaps not:
    https://twitter.com/hareem_sajjad/st...7-finale-79719
    I don't either for many reasons. For one, if he was the NK, he wouldn't have told everyone what Littlefinger did to their family and actually it would have benefited the NK to sow strife among between Arya and Sansa.

I just don't buy that theory. Fans are trying too hard to see things that just aren't there. Some think Benjen is the NK too, which is really ridiculous.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Anyone else start singing the love boat theme when she said she was sailing back with him.
    I just hope Jorah's room wasn't next to Dany's.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-29-2017 at 07:45 PM.

I've always wondered why none of the richer houses (Martell, Tyrell, or even Renly before his death) hired the faceless men to assassinate Joffrey or Cersei. Or even now, with all the coin Cersei's borrowing from the Iron Bank, why not go straight for the head in Jon/Dany via assassination, while also hiring the golden company?

I liked the anti-Trump speech by Jon Snow about leaders who lie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I liked the anti-Trump speech by Jon Snow about leaders who lie.
    It was a little weird that he just looked into camera and said Trumps name.

Didn't really seem like an anti-Trump speech at all, more like an anti-politician speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    It was a little weird that he just looked into camera and said Trumps name.

Didn't really seem like an anti-Trump speech at all, more like an anti-politician speech.
    Seemed spot on to me, but eye of the beholder and all.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Seemed spot on to me, but eye of the beholder and all.
    Not really. Must be an anti-Obama speech too. Remember how he was going to put a end to Gitmo, and stop spying on US citizens? Like I said, it's anti-politician, as they're all liars.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    People are defending Littlefinger because, unlike cartoonishly evil characters like Joffrey or Ramsay or Walder, he's an evil guy who acts like a nice guy.

Even fictional people like Littlefinger find real people eager to buy what they're selling. People are easily fooled by a friendly face.
    It sounds like a classic case of Starscream Syndrome.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...eam%20Syndrome

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Not really. Must be an anti-Obama speech too. Remember how he was going to put a end to Gitmo, and stop spying on US citizens? Like I said, it's anti-politician, as they're all liars.
    Depends if they really believed they was going to do these things...Untill they couldn't. So it isn't so much about lies, as it's about being put on a leash.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The thing is, it's heavily implied that Sansa convinced the Arryn bannermen before the trial even started. Sansa outcharismaed and outsneaked Littlefinger behind the scenes. That was the real battle here, really, the battle between Sansa's politicking and Littlefinger's politicking. A battle she won before anyone even entered the room.
    Well, of course she talked to them or else they wouldn't be there but that's not the point.

The point is that this was just bad tv writing where stuff happens one single way while ignoring all the pass setup. LF didnt have Jon on his side, he knew something about Bran, and he expected one single reaction from Sansa and Arya right after a speech where he explains that he looks into all possibilities.

This was like South Park episode-joke stupid.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Bran talking to Sansa (and Arya maybe) was definitely part of Petyr's downfall, 2 sources for that now:

episode’s director Jeremy Podeswa: "I feel like what probably happened is that Bran got involved and he was able to answer a lot of questions and fill in a lot of gaps the both of them had, and later when we see him in the scene with Littlefinger, all the stuff that Bran is saying in that scene is not news to Sansa and Arya."
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/game-of...danys-boat-sex

Isaac Hempstead Wright (plays Bran): "We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, “I need your help,” or something along those lines. So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, “Oh, s—.”"
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/game...ne-1202541941/

It wasn't clear to me at all at first, but a second watching suggested to me that Sansa suddenly knew too much.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-30-2017 at 05:42 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Wait for the next series, when Cersei's skin colour turns a vivid shade of marmalade orange, Mark Gatiss starts speaking in a heavily Russian accent, and Qyburn sends out thousands of ravens, denouncing the Jaime/Cersei incest/Cersei responsibility for the Sept of Baelor explosion as being "fake news"

Not all politicians are liars, incidentally; that's just one of the lies that some politicians tell. After all, as the Incredibles might put it, if everyone is a liar, then no-one is.

Despite Alfie Allen's superb performance throughout Game of Thrones, the Theon beach scene in the finale fell flat for me.

The fight scene was in itself fairly terrible - yes, I know the bigger, stronger, more experienced, more vicious, more violent man was supposed to be astonished that repeatedly kicking Theon between the legs caused no effect - but honestly, Theon's condition is not a superpower

I'm probably influenced by the fact that I care less than nothing at all for the fate of Yara, however. In any event, it looks like Theon's motivational speeches to the Ironborn have improved since he got clunked over the head at Winterfell many seasons ago.