Page 333 of 555 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I think those young noble lords are going to die, Lyanna Mormont, The young Umber Noble, and the young Karstark noble because they're getting hit first. They're the first stops between the wall and Winterfell.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    You know what, lets talk about this!! How many people think the north will survive? Will there be anything left of the north?
    I think they'll take a big hit for sure, but I also think it will survive. Winterfell is where they will make their final stand against the Walkers.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I think those young noble lords are going to die, Lyanna Mormont, The young Umber Noble, and the young Karstark noble because they're getting hit first. They're the first stops between the wall and Winterfell.
    If the NK is going straight for Winterfell, then he'd head southwest toward the Kingsroad and probably bypass Last Hearth and Karhold, which are kind of out in the middle of nowhere.

If he heads straight south, though, the Umbers are screwed.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    If the NK is going straight for Winterfell, then he'd head southwest toward the Kingsroad and probably bypass Last Hearth and Karhold, which are kind of out in the middle of nowhere.

He could always divide his forces. I mean if he was smart.

I still think Sansa and Tyrion may end up together.

BANNED

My baby survived another season. All hail the Onion King.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

He can cover more ground now though.

He could always divide his forces. I mean if he was smart.
    That's a possibility as well. He could send his other lieutenants to add to the undead ranks. I'm still shocked that the show still haven't shown any major Wight characters. Like Hodor, the chick from Hardhome, or even Summer. Seeing a reanimated Lyanna would be unnerving and creepy as fuck.

Astonishing Member

I will be utterly devastated if she dies.

I can't help but feel that the war against the dead is all going to end in an aerial combat with John Snow on one dragon and Dany on the other, fighting the Night King with his magical spear chucking abilities, with a multitude of Bards shooting dragon glass arrows from the ground, in the probably forlorn hope of hitting the zombie master.

So, there are basically three types of zombies (so far):

1. Ice zombies. These are basically malign shambling minions of the evil ones. In essence, they're orcs without complicated questions such as the extent of their free will, whether they're innately evil, and why despite being intelligent beings with decent physical abilities they get easily slaughtered by 3 foot tall hairy footed rustic caricatures with no combat training. Unlike the books there's no real indication they retain memories.

2. Fire zombies. Actually, in the context of the show, Beric and Jon aren't zombies at all - they retain their memories, and personality. They lack the pathos of the resurrected R'hllor characters in the book, who are not so far (inherently) malign but seem to be stripped down to something of an essence, whether to pursue justice or revenge, and who are incomplete versions of the original. In Game of Thrones, though, there seems no real downside, I mean even Jon is not noticeably more downbeat than usual, so (human sacrifice aside) if there would be a R'hllor cult in this world, I'd guess we'd all be signing up to it (I used to speculate that Mel was a zomb herself, it might help account for her non-evil, practically noble, but extremely narrow and fanatical personality, but maybe the show indication that she's just really, really old will be the way the books go as well, we'll see - or not. As the case may be.)

3. Qyburn zombies. These seem to be your "hideous product of warped science and evil necromantic wizardry" archetype. It's clearly a process which takes some time, and the products seem to lack free will although are not, evidently, wholly without their previous personality or memories. Frankengregor seems to lack any obvious weaknesses (so far). It is hilarious how people around him are fairly blasé about the fact that he is a blasphemous monstrosity, who is an insult to their cherished beliefs, and in fact why people who lived around this zombie servitor should have their minds blown by the concept of zombies from beyond the Wall in the first place.

Qyburn is basically a comic book super-genius. He's a master surgeon, necromancer, spy-master, and weapons designer. He's the only living person that we know of apart from Mel and probably some fanatical fire priests who can at some level raise the dead. He's also the only person in that position that we know of who's equipped with a scientific method and advanced medical understanding. Clearly the best move would be to get him to do some R&D with Bran the creepy fortune teller, to work out the implications of what Bran sees in his visions, and see exactly what might be done with/to the zombie army.

This is not exactly impossible. After all, why would he show particular loyalty to Cersei? It cannot be that he is with her for any reason other than ambition and freedom to commit his heinously depraved experiments. If offered a specific inducement - such as, you know, the preservation of life, which is something he is theoretically committed to - he could well be minded to get involved. Obviously, she wouldn't be greatly pleased by that, but unless he's a total dunderhead, which he evidently is not, her control over Gregor is not likely to override his.

I guess it's improbable that this is going to happen, given the limited amount of time left in the show, but it's interesting to speculate.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 08-31-2017 at 12:51 AM.

BANNED

Ending that battle with a big Dragon dogfight could be pretty cool.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Might be a bit late, but did anyone else find Jon's refusal to accept Cersei's terms idiotic? I mean Dany doesn't need the north to win, she has every house south of kings landing, unsullied, dothraki and dragons. And Jon gets to go home, be recognised as independent during the war and have no men die. He pledged to Dany but that doesn't mean he has to be in the war, she could write it off as she won't call him as a banner and his oath remains unbroken. It's an odd day when Cersei is the reasonable one asking for very little.

The mormonts are safe, gonna take the night king a while to get to bear island unless hes going to load up Viserion with wights like a airbus.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Might be a bit late, but did anyone else find Jon's refusal to accept Cersei's terms idiotic? I mean Dany doesn't need the north to win, she has every house south of kings landing, unsullied, dothraki and dragons. And Jon gets to go home, be recognised as independent during the war and have no men die. He pledged to Dany but that doesn't mean he has to be in the war, she could write it off as she won't call him as a banner and his oath remains unbroken. It's an odd day when Cersei is the reasonable one asking for very little.

The mormonts are safe, gonna take the night king a while to get to bear island unless hes going to load up Viserion with wights like a airbus.
    That whole thing was acknowledged in the episode itself. Both Danny and Tyrion basically called him stupid for that. Jon himself brought up Ned. But to a Stark, word given is word given. And they don't do loopholes.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That whole thing was acknowledged in the episode itself. Both Danny and Tyrion basically called him stupid for that. Jon himself brought up Ned. But to a Stark, word given is word given. And they don't do loopholes.
    It's not even a loophole though. Tyrion frames it as Jon needing to lie. Jon could bend the knee to Dany, go back North and await a call to arms, Dany and Tyrion keep faith between them not to call Jon so it keeps the pact with Cersei, no dishonesty, no oaths broken, no loopholes.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Does anyone have a special head canon for GoT?... very long ago in thread I mentioned I do: Mostly basically the show (because it streamlines a lot of book developments) and very most of the actors, but the books and the awesome The World of Ice and Fire and future books fill in the rest.

In some cases, and I haven't figured them all out yet, the books or my imagination of book parts DO override some things in the show. Book 1's Tower of Joy Ned dream scene is in and the show's far inferior Bran flashback is out. Show Rhaegar and Lyanna are out, better left to my ever changing imagination of them. The Mountain is like an amalgam of the 3 show actors we've seen (with a lot of first actor Conan Stevens in the face). Show's Mad King is out...mine is more the book version with the long beard and such. I preferred Ed Skrein's Daario (though both are less colorful than the book version).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-31-2017 at 05:56 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

From what I hear of book descriptions of characters it sounds like they're all far less colorful. Hearing about it, I get why they didn't go with it, but I also kind of want to see a version that really goes for it too. Then again, this is a tv show, and while it's an expensive tv show, it'd probably cost a lot more to pull that book stuff off and not have it look stupid.

Can't really say I have a head canon. I do however notice a lot of the movies it's drawing from, or seems to be drawing from, which just kind of makes me think it would be interesting if they did this or that at times.