Page 336 of 555 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    What's this supposed to be?
    Pretty sure it's referring to the writing being dead after 6 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That whole thing was acknowledged in the episode itself. Both Danny and Tyrion basically called him stupid for that. Jon himself brought up Ned. But to a Stark, word given is word given. And they don't do loopholes.
    Rob seemed to get around it.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    have you watched this show at all?
    it is not a round based strategy game
    logic does not apply (...)
    C'mon man, they're going to have to have some type of strategy. Just flying in on Rhaegal, and Drogon is not going to cut it. The one thing that does bother me though is that they made the NK seem too vulnerable. That has me worried about a anticlimactic battle.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 08-31-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Rob seemed to get around it.
    Eh... I'm of the growing contingent that Rob was going to get screwed over anyway.

Extraordinary Member

It makes more sense in the books where Robb got a highborn pregnant whose house was a banner to the Lannisters. So he basically screwed a house out of political marriage and ruined the daughters reputation. He also got to steal a house from the Lannister's.

It's just that the Frey's were more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Eh... I'm of the growing contingent that Rob was going to get screwed over anyway.
    Nevertheless. He broke his word for a much smaller stake than what was asked of Jon.

How do you figure that Rob was going to get screwed? If the original marriage had happened, Frey would have a direct line to the King of the North, rather than being a answering to Tywin, giving him little reason to betray Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It makes more sense in the books where Robb got a highborn pregnant whose house was a banner to the Lannisters. So he basically screwed a house out of political marriage and ruined the daughters reputation. He also got to steal a house from the Lannister's.

It's just that the Frey's were more important.
    no he didn´t. it was an unimportant house with dubious heritage. only thing smarter book rob did was keeping his wife away from the twins
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Nevertheless. He broke his word for a much smaller stake than what was asked of Jon.

How do you figure that Rob was going to get screwed? If the original marriage had happened, Frey would have a direct line to the King of the North, rather than being a answering to Tywin, giving him little reason to betray Rob.
    I don't think Walder expected Robb to win in the first place. It also depends on what Tywin promised him.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I don't think Walder expected Robb to win in the first place. It also depends on what Tywin promised him.
    With the death of Hoster Tully, I expect Frey was promised the Riverlands. Frey would have known that Rob was undefeated on the field and captured Jamie - it should have been apparent to Frey that if Tywin has to resort to this method - Tywin isn't confident of winning on the battlefield. Not exactly the best tactical move by Frey, but makes for great drama.

It's rather coincidental that leaders of four of the great houses (Stark, Tully, Arryn, Baratheon) died within a year of each other.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'd like to know whether wights and Walkers die at just the touch of dragonglass or Valyrian steel, or if it actually has to be a damaging blow. If just a touch, basically all you'd have to do is get a sling and start throwing chunks of dragonglass at Viserion.

Unless dragons are immune to dragonglass... but that would be dumb, since dragons and dragonglass have nothing to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'd like to know whether wights and Walkers die at just the touch of dragonglass or Valyrian steel, or if it actually has to be a damaging blow. If just a touch, basically all you'd have to do is get a sling and start throwing chunks of dragonglass at Viserion.

Unless dragons are immune to dragonglass... but that would be dumb, since dragons and dragonglass have nothing to do with each other.
    It hasn’t really been shown as all Valyrian steel sword swings have been killing blows. IMHO it has to be wedged inside the WW to take effect, merely throwing dragon glass at WWs won’t have an effect on them. When the Hound cut the wight in half, it wasn’t really shown when the bottom half stopped moving. Burning the severed hand clearly had an effect on the wight, even though it was already detached.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I asked earlier if anyone here thought there would be more wildfire hidden somewhere. I'd like to say there is, but it looks as though the bulk of it was used up at Blackwater and via Cersei's revenge tour.
    They can just make it, the pyromancers guild make it to order pretty much. It's meant to be expensive but the crown has tyrell gold. They were making it before the battle of blackwater, aerys was having the pyromancers working overtime on wildfire before the sack of kings landing.

If they really wanted to Cersei would get wild fire production going like crazy and bomb the neck. It'd probably rival the hammer of the seas in its destructiveness if theres enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    People think he's a Green Seer
    I think it's undeniable at this point, he had the power to bamf Bran out of warging the crows he was using to spy on the wight army.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    He doesn't NEED the wights though, he can just fly over with Viserion and do it that way.
    Maybe but bear island is small fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Question. Did Tywin know Arya was the highborn girl posing as a low born girl posing as a low born boy during his time at Harrenhall or did he think she was just a random highborn girl posing as a low born girl posing as a low born boy.
    Tywin would have assumed she was hiding something, possibly some random highborn, if he knew she was Arya he would have taken her to kings landing and married her off, just like he did with Sansa. Stark girls are valuable because all he has to do is get one of his relative to marry and impregnate one of them, make sure the baby is delivered and survives and boom the lannisters rule the north by proxy.

Did tyrion use wildfire in the books as well as the giant chain. I remember the giant chain in the book but it wasn't in the series.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Did tyrion use wildfire in the books as well as the giant chain. I remember the giant chain in the book but it wasn't in the series.
    yup he used both in the boosk
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    yup he used both in the boosk
    Okay. It's been a while since I read it.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"