Page 346 of 555 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    I personally don't see Game of Thrones as a "good vs. evil" show where the "good guy" has to win in the end but rather a battle of different views. I don't even see the Night King as being evil. Seems to me like it's the living who invaded his realm. As for Cersei, I'm sure she sees herself as the "hero" in this story not Jon or Dany and made a tactical decision that Daenerys/Jon would win based on the evidence she was given. Unthinking Wights susceptible to fire and dragonglass against Unsullied/Dothraki armed with dragonglass and three huge fire breathing dragons. Doesn't seem like her army is necessary. Except Jon forgot to mention that the Wights are led by White Walkers who are super strong, intelligent, and immune to fire. He also left out the Night King who has supernatural powers, able to raise dead animals as well as giants and bad enough to bring down a dragon. Perhaps Cersei would have taken the threat more seriously.

As for negotiating, she tried to negotiate. She said I'll give you A if you give me B. It was up to Jon to present a counter offer of we'll give you B if you give us C instead of making a speech.

As far as I can remember High Garden was the main source of food for the south(?) so it's time to stock up for the long winter like the north (unless you're Dany's armies who don't appear to need food).
    Cersi stormed off in the meeting. Had she not done that, PERHAPS an option C could have been agreed upon. Instead she chose to leave the meeting, then come up with her own scheme to sell everyone out. Everyone else was willing to try and make an alliance work. But Cersi only wanted things HER way. When she couldn't have it, she opted to just sell everyone out. Which is all well and dandy except for the fact that the people she is screwing over are the people trying to save all mankind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Cersi stormed off in the meeting. Had she not done that, PERHAPS an option C could have been agreed upon. Instead she chose to leave the meeting, then come up with her own scheme to sell everyone out. Everyone else was willing to try and make an alliance work. But Cersi only wanted things HER way. When she couldn't have it, she opted to just sell everyone out. Which is all well and dandy except for the fact that the people she is screwing over are the people trying to save all mankind.
    Hence Cersei's popularity with women and feminists...

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    No offense but i think you're REAAAALLLY reachin.
    NK: evil or not:
    During an interview with Deadline in 2016, the fantasy drama's showrunners, D.B. Weiss and David Benioff, revealed the reason why they've kept the Night King from getting too chatty. "We don't think of the Night King as a villain as much as Death. He is not someone who's like Joffrey or Ramsay. He's not really human anymore," they said. "Evil comes when you have a choice between that and good, and you choose the wrong way. The Night King doesn't have a choice; he was created in that way, and that's what he is. In some ways, he's just Death, coming for everyone in the story, and for all of us."
    https://www.popsugar.com/entertainme...rones-43961128
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-12-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

ive always viewed the NK and the White Walkers that way

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    NK: evil or not:
    During an interview with Deadline in 2016, the fantasy drama's showrunners, D.B. Weiss and David Benioff, revealed the reason why they've kept the Night King from getting too chatty. "We don't think of the Night King as a villain as much as Death. He is not someone who's like Joffrey or Ramsay. He's not really human anymore," they said. "Evil comes when you have a choice between that and good, and you choose the wrong way. The Night King doesn't have a choice; he was created in that way, and that's what he is. In some ways, he's just Death, coming for everyone in the story, and for all of us."
    https://www.popsugar.com/entertainme...rones-43961128
    I wasn't really talking about the NK specifically though. I've always thought of him as a kinda out of control weapon/program.

There's a theory with some fans that the wall was part of a treaty between both sides after the last war (which would explain how it got built so fast) but the living (Wildlings) violated the treaty.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I wasn't really talking about the NK specifically though. I've always thought of him as a kinda out of control weapon/program.
    Yeah, he was created to win a war and then his creators side with the enemy, so it's scorched earth time.

Once more the White Walkers will rule Westeros and we shall have peace.

Kit has some interesting thoughts on Jon Snow:
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

That's hilarious. I would love to see that on film
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Best plot twist would be that Jon always had the Targ Maddness its just that hes a high functioning pyscho
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Best plot twist would be that Jon always had the Targ Maddness its just that hes a high functioning pyscho
    That would've been interesting if he hadn't been such a bore and special snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That would've been interesting if he hadn't been such a bore and special snowflake.
    Just wait....in Season 8 Jon's Dragon is gunna wake and **** will be cray cray lol

So. Who's the legal ruler of the Iron Throne? The deposed king's daughter? The dead prince's son? The usurper's illegitimate son? Or the woman who currently sits on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    So. Who's the legal ruler of the Iron Throne? The deposed king's daughter? The dead prince's son? The usurper's illegitimate son? Or the woman who currently sits on it?
    In medieval times, "legal" was just the law made by the person in power at the time. So currently it's Cersei until she's deposed.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Tommen died without any heir. In peaceful times they might have gone way back in the family tree to figure out who his closest living relative is (going on the fiction that he's an actual Baratheon, of course). Or there might have been some kind of competition or parliament convened to name a new king. So yeah... right now whoever can take the throne and keep it, is as much a legitimate ruler as anyone else. "Keeping it" will be made easier by having some plausible family claim to it, like Daenerys does (and Jon, unbeknownst to him).