Page 347 of 555 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    So. Who's the legal ruler of the Iron Throne? The deposed king's daughter? The dead prince's son? The usurper's illegitimate son? Or the woman who currently sits on it?
    Jon Snow is the legal ruler of the throne.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Well he legally rules nothing (neither ruling or being recognized legally as ruling), but he is the rightful heir with the best claim under the rules the Targaryens were abiding by before the Rebellion. Had Robert lost and the Mad King just croaked*, Jon would have been crowned.

EDIT: Assuming Viserys (and Rhaegar) still die before being crowned (so just Jon vs Dany)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-24-2017 at 06:35 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Well he legally rules nothing (neither ruling or being recognized legally as ruling), but he is the rightful heir with the best claim under the rules the Targaryens were abiding by before the Rebellion. Had Robert lost and the Mad King just croaked, Jon would have been crowned.
    That, and the Baratheons (the real ones) actually had Targaryen blood. Robert's grandmother being a Targaryen. So, you could view the Baratheons as a cadet branch of sorts of the Targaryens. And, supposedly, Orys Baratheon (founder of the House) was the half-brother of Aegon the Conqueror as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That, and the Baratheons (the real ones) actually had Targaryen blood. Robert's grandmother being a Targaryen. So, you could view the Baratheons as a cadet branch of sorts of the Targaryens. And, supposedly, Orys Baratheon (founder of the House) was the half-brother of Aegon the Conqueror as well.
    Yes, it was heavily rumored that the Baratheons were the bastard Targaryean branch, which was the reason they were upgraded to one of the Great Noble Houses of Westeros once Aegon took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yes, it was heavily rumored that the Baratheons were the bastard Targaryean branch, which was the reason they were upgraded to one of the Great Noble Houses of Westeros once Aegon took over.
    More like Orys went down to the Stormlands, killed their king and took his castle, daughter, sigil and words for himself. Then came back to KL and got a high five from OG Aegon.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

One thing I don't like about GoT is how it won't yet put out an unaired pilot that showed bearded Mad King, Jon Arryn's death, and Brandon Stark's death. I really hope HBO is gearing up to release this in the complete GoT boxset in the future or something. An image of the Mad King and Brandon Stark's death leakrd or was released long ago by HBO, further peaking the interest in this pilot.

http://www.thegrumpyfish.com/origina...-death-scenes/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-26-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

So. Who's the legal ruler of the Iron Throne? The deposed king's daughter? The dead prince's son? The usurper's illegitimate son? Or the woman who currently sits on it?
    Euron and his big cock!
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by master planner View Post
    euron and his big cock!
    and his two good hands!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Euron and his big cock!

"I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel."
    Does anyone understand what Daenerys meant?
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

"I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel."
    Does anyone understand what Daenerys meant?
    I thought she meant some form of democracy but you don't start democracy by offering people a choice of bend the knee or be incinerated. If she meant destroy the major Houses and set up a dictatorship that's not really breaking the wheel that's just polishing it up cause the minor Houses and Banners would just take their place.

The wheel refers to the seemingly endless "revolving door" of houses vying for the throne, constantly keeping Westeros in a state of conflict and unrest. It's a sick cycle she plans to stop.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

When she said "break" I took that to mean something permanent but if she's only going to take control of the seven kingdoms then that's just stopping the wheel until a House (or Houses) overthrows her or until she dies (considering she can't have children).

She says she wants to break the wheel, end the endless cycle, but she really hasn't said how. Thus far, all her actions (not words) point to her simply being the latest in a long line of conquerors. Just one that happens to have support of former slaves from a different continent.

But it begs the question; just the hell is she going to do with the Dothraki? They've been pillagers, rapers, and marauders for millennia. And that's all a part of their beliefs. I doubt they'd just settle down and be farmers, or be content as a standing army without raiding the local villages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    She says she wants to break the wheel, end the endless cycle, but she really hasn't said how. Thus far, all her actions (not words) point to her simply being the latest in a long line of conquerors. Just one that happens to have support of former slaves from a different continent.

But it begs the question; just the hell is she going to do with the Dothraki? They've been pillagers, rapers, and marauders for millennia. And that's all a part of their beliefs. I doubt they'd just settle down and be farmers, or be content as a standing army without raiding the local villages.
    We've gotten away from the previous writing where doing "good" had ramifications and now it has been Michael Bayified so I'm guessing a large portion of the Dothraki will be killed and the rest will integrate into Westeros society. And everyone lives happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Jon isn't the rightful heir, because Rhaegar was never king. He was still a prince when killed, and Aerys died on the throne. Danaerys inherits the crown because she's the last surviving child of the king.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine