Page 351 of 555 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Whew... that's a long time to go hoping no key cast members die or get busted for sexual harassment.

I bought and started reading the GoT graphic novels recently. I recommend it to fans that wants to see these characters in a different light. Bear in mind I have never read the books and only watched the TV shows, it was pretty refreshing to see it done that way. And there were things I didn't get from the shows that they explained in the comics.

For a little spoiler, one thing different from the show was that Joffrey and Robb are the same age and size, one is blond and one is brown-hair and there is a rivalry between the two guys. And obviously that is gonna pay off later on. They fight with wooden swords which Robb wins but Joffrey then wants to use real swords next and the idea is discarded and Joffrey call Robb a coward. Theon is really a nasty character right off the bat. Jon Snow is younger and cries a lot.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I'm hoping it's early 2019
    I'm hoping for late 2018, but I'll settle for Jan/Feb 2019. Past that would be...frustrating & disappointing.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm hoping for late 2018, but I'll settle for Jan/Feb 2019. Past that would be...frustrating & disappointing.
    I thought 2019 at the earliest was confirmed. It's a longer wait, I know, but I hope it means they can really put their best into those final episodes.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Short clip from the SNL Game of Thrones parody;

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I definitely couldn't wait past Feb 2019. lol

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I bought and started reading the GoT graphic novels recently. I recommend it to fans that wants to see these characters in a different light. Bear in mind I have never read the books and only watched the TV shows, it was pretty refreshing to see it done that way. And there were things I didn't get from the shows that they explained in the comics.

For a little spoiler, one thing different from the show was that Joffrey and Robb are the same age and size, one is blond and one is brown-hair and there is a rivalry between the two guys. And obviously that is gonna pay off later on. They fight with wooden swords which Robb wins but Joffrey then wants to use real swords next and the idea is discarded and Joffrey call Robb a coward. Theon is really a nasty character right off the bat. Jon Snow is younger and cries a lot.
    How many issues are there?

Joffery and Robb being the same age and Jon being younger makes no sense....in the show or the books...
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I definitely couldn't wait past Feb 2019. lol
    Sadly, given Turner's (Sansa's) unofficial remark about 2019 being the case, I'd bet we'll be waiting until April 2019, when winter is over while in the show, Winter will be here.

April was the traditional start month and I'd bet they go back to that. I'd guess that since, theoretically/partially, Season 8 would be based on "A Dream of Spring," April would sorta make sense.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-08-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Maybe GRRM will have the series finished by then!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Maybe GRRM will have the series finished by then!
    BWA-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!

How many issues are there?
    The volume I bought was a collection of the first four issues. And at the shop it appeared there was about 7 volumes of it but there may be more.

Watching the commentary for ep 2 of season 7, wonderful to hear Gemma, Nathalie, and Jacob's reaction to the Jorah greyscale-curing scene as they see the ep for the first time. (And then that transition into the next scene)
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

That graphic novels are based more on books,hence the age of characters and their visuals.I heard they are planning releasing graphic novels for Clash Of Kings book(the second book and the second season of the show).Might check them,as i am a big Stannis fan.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

I've been watching a lot of GoT videos on You Tube during the holidays and I was wondering what do you guys thinks will likely be the ten people standing near the end of the show?

I have concluded that these are gonna be the ten people:

The Night King
    cause he's the big baddie

Jon and Dany
    cause they are the power couple and heroes of the show

Cersei
    cause she's the big baddie before the real baddie takes over

Arya
    cause she is the producers' favorite and she's just a kid

Jaime
    cause he's the Anti-hero of the show and those are popular and cause of his connection to Cersei

Brienne
    cause her connection to Jaime(I figure Cersei will kill Brienne and Jaime will kill Cersei in revenge or Cersei is gonna kill Jaime and Brienne is gonna kill her)

Tyrion
    cause he's the most popular character on the show

Sansa
    cause when everybody is a warrior, it is likely that the ones that don't fight are gonna have a better chance for survival. she is a Stark and after everybody is dead, you have to have someone to continue the lineage

Bran
    cause he is the three-eye raven and he's gonna be there when everybody is gone. He is also the key to defeat the Night King.

----------

Also what do you guys think will happen with Jaime, is he going straight to Winterfell? And if he goes there, how will he be received?