Page 358 of 555 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

The only reason people even like Cersei is because they hate Dany lol, Seriously she's the least interesting character in the show. Yet the show arguably implausibly builds her up because they need her to stay around a lil longer. that''s just what it boils down too.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 01-17-2018 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I wonder what the Vale will do now that Baelish isn't around to keep that little psycho wrapped around his little finger. Robin Arryn seems to value his blood connection to the Starks, but how will he react to his Uncle Petyr being murdered? If he's told that Baelish murdered his mother, will he believe it? Will he care? Will he realize that mother-murdering Uncle Petyr was the one who advised him to support the Starks against the Boltons and Lannisters in the first place? Will any of this matter anymore with the wight army streaming south to kill everyone regardless of politics?
    Like the Stormlands, Dorne and Riverlands, I doubt we'll ever see or hear anything about the Vale again now that it's no longer relevant to the story (other than the Vale lords and soldiers already aligned with Sansa/Jon and who are stationed at Winterfell). Though at this point, I don't see why Sansa/Jon would be against declaring Robyn Arryn as mentally unfit to run the kingdom and allow one of their supporters like Lord Royce to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    The only reason people even like Cersei is because they hate Dany lol, Seriously she's the least interesting character in the show. Yet the show arguably implausibly builds her up because they need her to stay around a lil longer. that''s just what it boils down too.
    Yeah no. Season 5 would have been utterly useless if not for her.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Yeah no. Season 5 would have been utterly useless if not for her.
    You mean Hardhome lol

You think all the other characters on GOT are more interesting than Cersei?
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Like the Stormlands, Dorne and Riverlands, I doubt we'll ever see or hear anything about the Vale again now that it's no longer relevant to the story (other than the Vale lords and soldiers already aligned with Sansa/Jon and who are stationed at Winterfell). Though at this point, I don't see why Sansa/Jon would be against declaring Robyn Arryn as mentally unfit to run the kingdom and allow one of their supporters like Lord Royce to take over.
    I don't think the people of the Vale are so devoted to the Starks that they'd overthrow their own lawful lord on their say-so. The best way would be to have Lord Royce keep Robin entertained and busy like Baelish did, while making all the important decisions himself, but I don't know if Robin would defer to Royce the way he did to Littlefinger. Royce isn't that kind of a manipulator, and it was quite clear that Robin would have had him executed if Littlefinger had advised it (e.g., if Royce had tried to interfere with LF's schemes).

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's not that implausible.

1. Dorne's more of a guerilla warfare type of people. It's more dangerous to try to conquer Dorne than to have Dorne go after you. Having a substantial bulk of their forces destroyed by Euron as well as having a leader who took power as part of a rebellion in the first place probably would leave Dorne in a state of flux. Dorne was already on shakey ground being led by a usurper anyways.

2. The Tyrell army was fractured because one of their major houses with lots of support sided with the Lannister's because they trusted the Westerosi more than the dragon lady who was bringing in Dothraki and Unsullied to do god knows what to Westeros. Also the Reach is historically a terrible location to defend. They have more soldiers but they also need more soldiers but they also need more soldiers to defend themselves and a fractured Reach isn't going to do it.

3. Cersei doesn't have the most support in Westeros. She doesn't have Dorne. She doesn't have the North. She doesn't have the Vale. She technically has the Riverlands by force but it's not like she has support from them, and most of that occured seasons ago. So far we know she has the Lannister forces, the army in the crownlands, the portion of the Iron Islands that didn't abandon Euron, and whatever is left of the forces Taryly had. Meanwhile Dany still has the North, Vale, Dothraki, and Unsullied. She has the biggest region, the region that's the most difficult to defend, and the freshest army of the bunch. Cersei's only advantage was that Jamie is a great general, her forces know the lay of the land better, there was enough distrust of Dany and foreigners to pull would be supporters away from her, and that circumstance gave her Euron.
    I'm going to have to disagree with that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Ok he's a better general than anyone Dany has.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Joffrey's death,while a blow to family's reputation(a Lannister relative and the King was murdered),gave the opportunity for a more controllable king(Tommen),something that Tywin wished.The North situation was muddy,as Tywin took care and let Freys took the blame.The Dorne situation started with Oberyn's death,but Tywin didn't manage to handle the situation,as he met his doom.

Tyrells where necessary,in order for the Baratheon-Lannister regime to survive.Putting aside the miraculous and unrealistic armies that Lannisters had in season 7,the truth is Lannisters need the manpower and the wealth of Highgarden to keep the control.So,it was necessary to keep Tyrells in-game,but in getting on top with diplomatic means.Cercei was pretty much "**** that,i am a Lion,i can do whetever i want" and backfired hard.Hell,realistically,after the blowing of the Sept,Cercei's control at best would be at crownlands with pretty much all the seven kingdoms in semi-independent situation.But the plot demanded Queen Cercei and that we got.
    Joffrey's death was a win win for everyone, save perhaps Cersei, yet instead of capitalizing on it Tyrell used it to frame Tyrion. He could have pushed for a accidental choking ruling and then marry Margaery toTommen while giving his blessings to Tyrion/Sansa. That gives him a decent hold on Highgarden and a foothold into the North.

With Dorne I think the seed was planted back when the Mountain raped and killed Elia Martel and her children. Did Tyrell forget about that. Did he think Oberyn forgot? I'm not trying to paint Tyrell as incompetent, my original point was that everyone has plans that don't go as planned yet only Cersei seems to get labelled as "stupid."

Speaking of Cersei; since she donned the crown what exactly did she do to cause a rebellion? With the exception of Olenna the remaining kingdoms should be grateful they don't have another Joffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Ok he's a better general than anyone Dany has.
    Considering she doesn't really have any generals, that's not saying a whole lot. Greyworm is more of division officer. Very capable in his role, but not suited for overseeing a large force. Tyrion should really stick to politics, as his hubris really bit them in the butt when they went for Casterly Rock; an overall useless piece of land to control at that point.

Jaime does at least have a solid understanding of being a general, leading and commanding soldiers, etc. Though Royce may be a good general as well, that's hard to say at this point.

I don't think the people of the Vale are so devoted to the Starks that they'd overthrow their own lawful lord on their say-so. The best way would be to have Lord Royce keep Robin entertained and busy like Baelish did, while making all the important decisions himself, but I don't know if Robin would defer to Royce the way he did to Littlefinger. Royce isn't that kind of a manipulator, and it was quite clear that Robin would have had him executed if Littlefinger had advised it (e.g., if Royce had tried to interfere with LF's schemes).
    Well, the Vale lords were fine with the Starks executing Littlefinger right in front of them, despite LF being the one who advised Robyn to spare Royce's life. Now that they are free of both LF and Lysa and may have the approval of the Starks to do so, I see them making Robyn step down.

Of course, all this is assuming there will be a Seven Kingdom structure left in Westeros after the attack of the White Walkers, regardless of who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, hurting Tyrion (who was the real true Jamie of the family, the smart savy ambitious leader heir that Tywin wanted) is always a key part of Tywin's biggest strategic mistakes. Tywin is like many, even smart, people in that he imagined he'd be there to personally see through much of the early Tyrell/Lannister union and help direct it. Because he was quite irrational about Tyrion & his supporters, he didn't get to do that, as you pointed out, and bad things happened.
    There's a lot of things that prevented Tyrion to be "the real Jaime": Lack of Good looks, lack of fighting abiliies, lack of a killer instinct.

They said similar similar things about Cersei that she would have been the Jaime that Tywin wanted. But again, you would have to come up with serious magic to change that.

That truth is that Tywin probably wanted another Tywin and that's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    A good general is being a good thinker as far as warfare. The way he handled the Black Fish situation and bringing the Tarleys along to the Lannister side, conquering High Garden and sending Euron to Castelry Rock to counter the Unsullied was pretty good. Very Tywin's like.

And being a former super-warrior on the battlefield he knows field battle and can probably strategizes a dozen situations.

I think Jaime only scratched the surface of what he can do. And the whole thing is relatively new to him. We'll see.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 01-19-2018 at 04:36 AM.

I hate them both. lol

No seriously I was never a fan of Cersei, maybe cause I thought she was vain and didn't have the looks to pull off her schemes(they keep saying she's the most beautiful woman of the kingdoms...not even close). But I started to like her when her son and the priest started to make things difficult for her and then she bombed the whole palace. You are talking about a whole season of people arrassing her so it was a good...blow off so to speak. Maybe D & D wanted to generate sympathy for her, I don't know. It succeeded in my case. But with Jaime leaving her, I have no use for her again.

A little thing about Robin, I would love for him to reappear as this big badass having trained like a maniac daily for years. They could even recast to send the message better that he's different a la what they did with Dickon.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    (they keep saying she's the most beautiful woman of the kingdoms...not even close).
    Beauty's in the eye of the beholder. Lena Heady is a FINE woman. Remember all the way back in 2011 when I had gone home for summer and watching Season 1. My mom who was passing and caught a glimpse of Cersei on the screen actually stopped and exclaimed how beautiful she was and asked who the actress was.

They could even recast to send the message better that he's different a la what they did with Dickon.
    That's not what they did with Dickon though. The original actor had scheduling conflicts because he is a lead on that show called UnReal so he couldn't return. Anyway, even if Robyn appears again (doubtful), he'll just be ice zombie fodder.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

There's a lot of things that prevented Tyrion to be "the real Jaime": Lack of Good looks, lack of fighting abiliies, lack of a killer instinct.
    Some of Tyrion's weaknesses were precisely because Tywin reared him so wrong, treating him as an unequal loser. Tyrion (who has killer instinct) easily could have had more killer instinct from his teens if Tywin raised him better as an equal. Lack of fighting ability is of course something he never could have had, but he could have made up for that in participating in more battle planning/strategy from a younger age. Good looks?...Tywin could have used his power and influence to blunt a lot of that talk and perception.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-19-2018 at 07:26 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”