Page 359 of 555 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    You think all the other characters on GOT are more interesting than Cersei?
    Yes, doesn't mean i hate Cersei as a character, i just think she's pretty much the same jilted angry, vindictive bitch, of a ex-wife that i have seen so many times in fiction. Just with a slight superficial sympathetic slant

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Beauty's in the eye of the beholder. Lena Heady is a FINE woman. Remember all the way back in 2011 when I had gone home for summer and watching Season 1. My mom who was passing and caught a glimpse of Cersei on the screen actually stopped and exclaimed how beautiful she was and asked who the actress was.
    She looks good but not someone that all the guys would slave over, that would make Jaime go so nuts for her. I always thought Heady was just OK. (great actress, though) Martin named her Cersei cause she would be like the mythological character some sort of witch of sex. A sort of Aphrodite. Sort of like a younger Helen Mirren. Pure lust and sex. I think Heady is a little too tomboyish for that.

I think the main actress from Vikings is how I imagine Cersei should be.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 01-23-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Some of Tyrion's weaknesses were precisely because Tywin reared him so wrong, treating him as an unequal loser. Tyrion (who has killer instinct) easily could have had more killer instinct from his teens if Tywin raised him better as an equal. Lack of fighting ability is of course something he never could have had, but he could have made up for that in participating in more battle planning/strategy from a younger age. Good looks?...Tywin could have used his power and influence to blunt a lot of that talk and perception.
    But I mean Tywin wanted his heir to be this super-knight just like him. He has to look good and be a great fighter.

Tywin could have used Tyrion better, though.

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    She looks good but not someone that all the guys would slave over, that would make Jaime go so nuts for her. I always thought Heady was just OK. (great actress, though) Martin named her Cersei cause she would be like the mythological character some sort of witch of sex. A sort of Aphrodite. Sort of like a younger Helen Mirren. Pure lust and sex. I think Heady is a little too tomboyish for that.

I think the main actress from Vikings is how I imagine Cersei should be.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vjEnkQdaHM

Anybody feel like the Night King might be Bran? They look similar, big nose and all that. They seem to have this weird connection. The Night King seem to have a connection with Jon Snow too and could have killed him when they were trying to capture a Wight so maybe he didn't cause he is his brother somehow. I think the Night King has psychic powers and he manifested them by luring the heroes in the North so he could get his dragon.

We have seen the NK walk and Three Eyes Raven said to Bran "you will never walk but you will fly" but maybe for the rest of the show the NK will stay on his dragon and Bran will warg into him? To create a complete being.

Another reason why he may look like Bran is that in the GoT book mythology the "Night's King" as he is called in the book was a Stark. A former leader of the Night's Watch that fell in love with a female Walker who started sacrificing fellow crows to the Walkers.

I think when it is said and done as per GoT tradition with shades of grey, the Walkers won't be a 100% baddie.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

But I mean Tywin wanted his heir to be this super-knight just like him. He has to look good and be a great fighter.

Tywin could have used Tyrion better, though.
    Tywin wasn't that super knight either.Impressive and regal yes,but he was never a knight and he wasn't a great fighter or general.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Anybody feel like the Night King might be Bran? They look similar, big nose and all that. They seem to have this weird connection. The Night King seem to have a connection with Jon Snow too and could have killed him when they were trying to capture a Wight so maybe he didn't cause he is his brother somehow. I think the Night King has psychic powers and he manifested them by luring the heroes in the North so he could get his dragon.
    I think it's possible the NK was the original Bran... Bran the Builder. If so, then it's ironic he was the one to destroy the Wall he'd built himself.

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I think it's possible the NK was the original Bran... Bran the Builder. If so, then it's ironic he was the one to destroy the Wall he'd built himself.
    This may be true in the books... but if they go this route in the TV show, they've already kind of blown it.... the actor who played the person whom the Children of the Forest turned into the Night's King, was way-too-you to have been Bran the Builder.... who built --among other things-- Winterfell, Dragonstone, and the Wall... plus, there is no mention of Bran the Builder ever disappearing, or dying young... as fan theories go, I ain't buyin' this one

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    This may be true in the books... but if they go this route in the TV show, they've already kind of blown it.... the actor who played the person whom the Children of the Forest turned into the Night's King, was way-too-you to have been Bran the Builder.... who built --among other things-- Winterfell, Dragonstone, and the Wall... plus, there is no mention of Bran the Builder ever disappearing, or dying young... as fan theories go, I ain't buyin' this one
    Is it certain that the first White Walker was the Night's King? He may be the most powerful, but was he the first?

I'm skeptical of the whole NK = a Stark theory anyway. What would be the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Tywin wasn't that super knight either.Impressive and regal yes,but he was never a knight and he wasn't a great fighter or general.
    Victories after victories would make him a great general. And then kept the kingdom together as hand of the king under the Mad King.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Is it certain that the first White Walker was the Night's King? He may be the most powerful, but was he the first?

I'm skeptical of the whole NK = a Stark theory anyway. What would be the point?
    I don't know where they are gonna take this in the show but in Thrones mythology, The Night's King was not the first Wight that we have seen being made but like I said he was a Stark and he fell in love with a female Wight. He was Lord Commandor of the Night's Watch(the first, maybe?) and that is why his name is "Night's King". He turned on them and started sacrificing crows to the Wights.

About Bran the Builder, that would be interesting. I feel like on the show NK won't have any connection to the Night's Watch. Probably won't be a Stark but I feel like something will happen when NK and Bran meet like Bran will be the key to save people whereas he could warg into the Night King and create a complete being somehow. Maybe that is what NK was looking for, his soul...? I wouldn't like if NK was the first Wights the Children made.

Victories after victories would make him a great general. And then kept the kingdom together as hand of the king under the Mad King.
    Tywin was a great and cunning leader,but not a good or even a decent military leader.The good thing was that Tywin focused on good PR to create a facade of greatness around him.That's why his demise was when he was stripted of his masquerade.

Starks were the opposite.Mediocre political leaders(at least outside of the North)but excellent battle commanders.Ned was the general of Robert's Rebellion(Arryn was the political leader and Robert was the warrior/vanguard fighter-symbol) and Robb was decent in battlefield.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Tywin was a great and cunning leader,but not a good or even a decent military leader.The good thing was that Tywin focused on good PR to create a facade of greatness around him.That's why his demise was when he was stripted of his masquerade.

Starks were the opposite.Mediocre political leaders(at least outside of the North)but excellent battle commanders.Ned was the general of Robert's Rebellion(Arryn was the political leader and Robert was the warrior/vanguard fighter-symbol) and Robb was decent in battlefield.
    I thought Robb was shocking on the battlefield, winning battles after battles for his young age. But I wish we would have seen him fight Jaime. Yea I know there was no one like the Kingslayer but I thought Robb came of as weak when he declined the offer. Ned would have never declined.

I thought Robb was shocking on the battlefield, winning battles after battles for his young age. But I wish we would have seen him fight Jaime. Yea I know there was no one like the Kingslayer but I thought Robb came of as weak when he declined the offer. Ned would have never declined.
    There's a difference between a general and a warrior.Jamie was one of the best swordfighter at his prime,but not a good commander.Robb showed potentials as a commander,but he knew that he was no match for one to one against Jaime.So it was wise to decline a proposition that his enemy was clearly superior.

Another example of difference between a warrior and a commander was Book Robert and Book Stannis.Robert at his prime was one of the most scary dudes you could't face in battlefield or in a duel.But he was never a commander and during the rebellion,it was Ned who had the commanding/planning role.Stannis on the other hand,was never a warrior,but he was a cautious and capable commander.

I don't know where they are gonna take this in the show but in Thrones mythology, The Night's King was not the first Wight that we have seen being made but like I said he was a Stark and he fell in love with a female Wight. He was Lord Commandor of the Night's Watch(the first, maybe?) and that is why his name is "Night's King". He turned on them and started sacrificing crows to the Wights.

About Bran the Builder, that would be interesting. I feel like on the show NK won't have any connection to the Night's Watch. Probably won't be a Stark but I feel like something will happen when NK and Bran meet like Bran will be the key to save people whereas he could warg into the Night King and create a complete being somehow. Maybe that is what NK was looking for, his soul...? I wouldn't like if NK was the first Wights the Children made.
    I feel that TV and book versions of the Others and Night's King would be different between them.