Page 360 of 555 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    There's a difference between a general and a warrior.Jamie was one of the best swordfighter at his prime,but not a good commander.Robb showed potentials as a commander,but he knew that he was no match for one to one against Jaime.So it was wise to decline a proposition that his enemy was clearly superior.

Another example of difference between a warrior and a commander was Book Robert and Book Stannis.Robert at his prime was one of the most scary dudes you could't face in battlefield or in a duel.But he was never a commander and during the rebellion,it was Ned who had the commanding/planning role.Stannis on the other hand,was never a warrior,but he was a cautious and capable commander.
    But so far Jaime has been a good commander in his old age. A good strategist.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    But so far Jaime has been a good commander in his old age. A good strategist.
    The whole story arc of Jaime was evolving outside of Cercei's toxic influence.His arc in Feast of Crows showed his evolution into a capable leader in the campaign in Riverlands.The tv adaption didn't handle Jaime that good,but i hope that he well shine in the last season.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    The whole story arc of Jaime was evolving outside of Cercei's toxic influence.His arc in Feast of Crows showed his evolution into a capable leader in the campaign in Riverlands.The tv adaption didn't handle Jaime that good,but i hope that he well shine in the last season.
    I could see him either become an important figure in Dany's army or maybe go to Edmure Tully and form a sort of army in Riverland. Tully I think may still hold some power there.

Amazing Member

Release date announced? April 2019 if Arya is not playing a game of lies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8180946.html

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Release date announced? April 2019 if Arya is not playing a game of lies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8180946.html
    A lot of people figured as much. Me included

A little element I picked up, the actor playing Roose Bolton said that in the books Roose has moments where he takes baths with leeches. Which sort of imply he was some sort of a vampire. When I went back, I picked up several moments that make me think the Boltons had Dracula inspiration either from the Impaler or the fictional vampire.

For one thing the actor playing him would make a great Dracula from his voice to his presence, ravishing Evil. He has a Dracula-Reinfeld relationship with his son Ramsey. Ramsey does come off like a vampire from his pale look to his villainous personality. The Boltons are notherners with vicious mean streak, they use fear as a weapon as we see from their banners like Vlad the Impaler. In the old episodes, Roose never drink....wine.

BTW, If you go with that and you realises that Cersei's Hand of the Queen was Roose's Maester. Which would mean that Victor Frankenstein was working for Dracula, maybe?

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    A little element I picked up, the actor playing Roose Bolton said that in the books Roose has moments where he takes baths with leeches. Which sort of imply he was some sort of a vampire.
    That's not what i got, I got a sense of a health nut, medieval holistic stuff lol.

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    That's not what i got, I got a sense of a health nut, medieval holistic stuff lol.
    Yeah... thats what I was thinking too... maybe with a little masochism thrown in... the Boltons were so screwed up that its impossible to tell, but vampires were never mentioned, or even alluded to in the entire ASoIaF series...

As a side note, as much as I enjoy the books and TV show as entirely different story telling platforms... S5 took me right out of the show... I get that the show has to deviate from the books... but Sansa willingly traveling to Winterfell to marry a Bolton is among the dumbest, most out-of-character decisions a showrunner has ever made, ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Martini Sigil View Post
    Yeah... thats what I was thinking too... maybe with a little masochism thrown in... the Boltons were so screwed up that its impossible to tell, but vampires were never mentioned, or even alluded to in the entire ASoIaF series...

As a side note, as much as I enjoy the books and TV show as entirely different story telling platforms... S5 took me right out of the show... I get that the show has to deviate from the books... but Sansa willingly traveling to Winterfell to marry a Bolton is among the dumbest, most out-of-character decisions a showrunner has ever made, ever...
    Especially with Ramsey being openly infamous in comparison to his calculating father.

It's funny,Roose Bolton's actor read the first two books in order to get his character better,but he started to see deviations and decided to stop reading the source material in order to follow the script better.Barristan Selmy's actor had read all the books and he was dissapointed how his character ended in the show.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I wonder how many of the actors have actually read the books?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I wonder how many of the actors have actually read the books?
    Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke had read the books.I don't remember if Clarke read all the books,but Kit read them all,which is funny as i always found his Jon Snow to be too wooden and boring.

Alfie Allen(Theon) read the first 2 or 3 books and i think that Maise Williams mom read the books and told her the basics of her character(her mom thought that the book was way hardcore for her age when she took the role of Arya).

Yeah, leeches in a bath don't mean the humans could be vampires. The leeches are the vampiric ones, not the humans.

I'll bet the actor who plays Samwell has read the books.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Yea John Bradley has probably read the books. The actress playing Dany's translator has read them.

Actor Charles Dance upon asking if he read the books said "are you crazy, have you seen them, they are huge volumes!". He seems to be a well-read educated guy so that is surprising but at the same time I like that somehow about him. But at one point a reader started to engage a conversation with him around 2011/12 or so and revealed to him that he was gonna die and how. Dance said this in an interview around the same time. So he is probably the only cast member that has a revealed a huge spoiler in the whole running of the show. I don't know how many people picked up on it but it didn't seem that many noticed. Anyway who is gonna say to Charles to shut the Hell up? lol

Lyanna Stark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L0J-haSaaM

is the perfect woman.

No wonder they cast her as Lyanna. That whole feminine beauty and innocence that comes through in that song makes her the ideal girl to portray an iconic tragic female beauty of a medieval story .
    Last edited by Da Boat; 02-18-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Spectacular Member Martini Sigil's Avatar

In the ASoIaF forum, the most prominent dream casting for a "Roberts Rebellion" prequel, was Chris Hemsworth as Rheagar, Eva Green as Lyanna, and Tom Hardy as Robert...lol