Page 373 of 550 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 8236

Thread: Game of Thrones

  1. #5581
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    939

    Default

    If they lose the war, what's left of Daenerys and Jon's forces and their allied houses may sail off across the ocean looking for a new home. This isn't Earth, the land masses are different, but there's probably at least one New World waiting for them on the other side of the planet where the walkers can't follow. They've said the ending will be tragic, so why not? Defeat, conquest, the loss of their homeland, with a sliver of hope for the future somewhere else.

  2. #5582
    Magneto-centric Rivka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sometimes I think about the worst things to explain what is happening.
    Everybody dies but Cerci.
    Peter Drinklage said in an interview recently (to paraphrase) that we're all conditioned in fiction that the "good guys" live in the end and the "bad guys" die, but he said, GAME OF THRONES isn't going to always end that way for the characters. I immediately thought that Cersei is going to survive. My prediction: she escapes to become a septa, like in the middle ages a woman who lost power could enter a nunnery. Wouldn't it be ironic if Cersei ends up a septa like the one who tormented her when she was imprisoned. (I know, the prophecy that her brother will "choke the life from her." I wonder if there will be some tricky realization of that prophecy that spares her life?)

  3. #5583
    Magneto-centric Rivka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Tbh, I think most of the stuff about Dani being unfit is a red herring. I expect some kinda plot twist regarding who gets the throne. If Dani does dies it won't happen till the very end if the set leaks are any indication.

    The situation with Cersei and Euron seems awkward.

    Yara doesn't know that the islands aren't safe either, considering there's a wight dragon flying around.

    Imo Tyrion is in more danger than Sansa or Dani. I REALLY don't think he's safe.

    I like how out of place Missandei felt when she rode into town. And how all the northerners stared at her like they never saw black people before lol.

    Cersei being the final villain leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Talk about an overrated character.
    I agree. Tyrion is in SERIOUS trouble. (Which upsets me a lot b/c he's my favorite character.) He is NOT safe. He's been acting quiet and tense; from the look he had on his face as he watched Jon disappear into Dany's cabin in the last Ep. of Season 7, to his reunion with Sansa in this episode. I'm trying to decide what I'll do if Tyrion is disrespected in this final season; I don't know if I can handle it if he's killed.

    Did anyone else note Jamie's entry into Winterfell, dressed all in black with a black hood? I think in the end he doesn't die, but having lost so much, there's nothing left for him but to "take the black" and join the Watch on the rebuilt wall. I think his ride into Winterfell was foreshadowing.

    What about Arya's dragon glass special weapon she wants Gendry to make for her? Is she the one who will kill the Night King?

  4. #5584
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,845

    Default

    One way or another, after this is over there will be no need for the Wall anymore. Either the Night King wins, or he loses and the White Walkers and wights are wiped out. What Wildlings remain are south of the Wall and allied with Jon.

  5. #5585
    Fantastic Member cadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    258

    Default

    I like how Jon ends up riding the dragon Rhaegel named after his biological father Rhaegar

  6. #5586
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    609

    Default

    It would be nice if the final battle would be Danny riding Drogo vs Jon riding Rhaegel. A Dance with Dragon vol 2.I know it won't happen,but it would be a nice twist of what we expect as the final battle of the saga.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

    Previously known as Nefarius

  7. #5587
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    It would be nice if the final battle would be Danny riding Drogo vs Jon riding Rhaegel. A Dance with Dragon vol 2.I know it won't happen,but it would be a nice twist of what we expect as the final battle of the saga.
    While it would be cool, and there may yet be some dragon on dragon violence to come, it doesn't really fit how they've presented Jon. Jon is the middle path. He finds the way to thread the needle that others just haven't been able to see yet. He forgives the Free Folk and learns to see them not just as respected people, but as allies in the war to come. He reaches out to Dany when every evidence is that he shouldn't, and then finds a way to convince her to join the cause.

    Dany wants to break the wheel. To change society, for good. But Jon is the only one in the narrative who has actually shown any ability to recognize the critical places where he can make those changes effectively. Literally the only character who is consistently able to see beyond his expectations and prejudices and see things for what they HAVE BEEN, what they ACTUALLY ARE, and most importantly, how they yet MIGHT BE.

    Alarmingly, he's already been killed once by people who don't possess the same vision. I fear that his fate is to see the correct path forward, the thing he needs to change, but to lose his life taking that stand.

  8. #5588
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I agree. Tyrion is in SERIOUS trouble. (Which upsets me a lot b/c he's my favorite character.) He is NOT safe. He's been acting quiet and tense; from the look he had on his face as he watched Jon disappear into Dany's cabin in the last Ep. of Season 7, to his reunion with Sansa in this episode. I'm trying to decide what I'll do if Tyrion is disrespected in this final season; I don't know if I can handle it if he's killed.

    Did anyone else note Jamie's entry into Winterfell, dressed all in black with a black hood? I think in the end he doesn't die, but having lost so much, there's nothing left for him but to "take the black" and join the Watch on the rebuilt wall. I think his ride into Winterfell was foreshadowing.

    What about Arya's dragon glass special weapon she wants Gendry to make for her? Is she the one who will kill the Night King?
    If they take out the Night King is there a reason for the Nights watch anymore? Wildlings are no longer the enemy. Maybe it just become a normal military post you rotate out of it. It's still a boarder that should be watched somewhat but something q committed as the Nights watch seems like it would be overkill post Wildlings and white walkers being an issue.

  9. #5589
    Fantastic Member TriggerWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Peter Drinklage said in an interview recently (to paraphrase) that we're all conditioned in fiction that the "good guys" live in the end and the "bad guys" die, but he said, GAME OF THRONES isn't going to always end that way for the characters. I immediately thought that Cersei is going to survive. My prediction: she escapes to become a septa, like in the middle ages a woman who lost power could enter a nunnery. Wouldn't it be ironic if Cersei ends up a septa like the one who tormented her when she was imprisoned. (I know, the prophecy that her brother will "choke the life from her." I wonder if there will be some tricky realization of that prophecy that spares her life?)
    I don't see any way Cersei lives because I think its predordained that Jamie is going to kill her. First the prophecy she got as a child that her three children would die before her and she would die at the hand of her younger brother. First part has come true and while everyone assumed Tyrion for the second part Jamie is younger than her by a few minutes. Plus Jamies whole arc of how he became the kingslayer and trying to hold on to his honor means little unless he's faced with the same choice later and has to become the Queenslayer.

    That said I also think Cersei will be last monarch standing before Jamie kills her and then Arya will make the choice to take Cersei's face in order to rule the 7 kingdoms rather than let them fall into chaos and war again. So in that sense Cersei will live on.

  10. #5590
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,143

    Default

    Isn't the M.O. of GAME OF THRONES to subvert expectations? The greatest expectation is that someone will win the game and end up on the iron throne. The way to subvert that is to destroy the game, so no one wins.
    WE THE NORTH

  11. #5591
    For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Between L.A. & Savanna G.A.
    Posts
    875

    Default

    I read on Twitter that someone said if Tyrion was a basketball player he would be playoff poison lol

  12. #5592
    Fantastic Member TriggerWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Isn't the M.O. of GAME OF THRONES to subvert expectations? The greatest expectation is that someone will win the game and end up on the iron throne. The way to subvert that is to destroy the game, so no one wins.
    This is why I like my theory.

    Expectations of a typical story would be that either Jon or Danerys or they together would win and rule the Iron Throne.

    Subverting that expectation is to have Cersei win and have the people of the land believe she saved them from the White Walkers. So even though we the readers / viewers know she is an evil bitch she gets to be the hero of the seven kingdoms. Til Jamie kills her and Arya becomes her in my theory. This is why Arya being Cersei works in my scenario since Cersei will be beloved and Arya will choose to become her in order to stop more wars of succession.

  13. #5593
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Tyrion is definitely in trouble, and from the set leaks I doubt there will be a king's landing.

  14. #5594
    Fantastic Member TriggerWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    264

    Default

    George RR Martin has stated he is no longer going to give any dates as to when he might finish some books. Aka he knows as well as most of us that he's never going to finish them.

  15. #5595
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    This is why I like my theory.

    Expectations of a typical story would be that either Jon or Danerys or they together would win and rule the Iron Throne.

    Subverting that expectation is to have Cersei win and have the people of the land believe she saved them from the White Walkers. So even though we the readers / viewers know she is an evil bitch she gets to be the hero of the seven kingdoms. Til Jamie kills her and Arya becomes her in my theory. This is why Arya being Cersei works in my scenario since Cersei will be beloved and Arya will choose to become her in order to stop more wars of succession.
    But since we expect the story to subvert expectations, wouldn't *not* subverting them be the more shocking outcome?

    I think they will defeat the White Walkers, and Jon and Dany will get married and live happily ever after with a big brood of insane Targaryen babies.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •