Page 376 of 555 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I don't think there's anything romantic or sexual about Sansa and Theon. I think they probably view each other as siblings and her reaction was a mix of gratitude for saving her from Ramsay and welcoming back a brother who she probably never expected to see again. Now all the living "Starks" are under one roof.
    This. Theon is one of the Stark children, just as Jon was. And more than anybody else, Sansa has reconnected with him since he helped her flee from Ramsay.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I enjoyed this episode better then I thought I would for one where nothing happens. Arya Side boob really helped as well. I love that Theon has a chance to redeem himself by protecting Bran. I really dont like Sansa but to be honest I see her sitting on the Iron Throne when all is said and done. I just cant wait to get the battle with the Whitewalkers over with. I was never a fan of this story line and Jon going on about the only war that matters every two seconds really got old. I want to see the main event Cersi vs Dany. I love the political stuff more then ice zombies.
    This always seemed to be the problem with TV fans. There was always a case of Sword & Sorcery fans vs Political Intrigue fans. There's middle ground but those are the most vocal extremes. I personally was tired of the politicking after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    This always seemed to be the problem with TV fans. There was always a case of Sword & Sorcery fans vs Political Intrigue fans. There's middle ground but those are the most vocal extremes. I personally was tired of the politicking after awhile.
    I don't think you can have one without the other though. They are both feeding into a larger story. Even if the end is essentially a bloodbath where there is no victor but nature, the political intrigue will still have mattered. I'll be honest, anyone who thinks that the White Walkers are just an obstacle for our characters to deal with before starting political intrigue again will most likely be very disappointed.

That whole episode was pure awesome. It's the perfect table setting for the night before the big battle. It gives pretty much every main and supporting character a brief moment or two (or more) to shine since we know that the show will be far too busy with the long fight ahead for more character development.

It had everything you could've possibly wanted and it is definitely one of my favorite episodes. I stayed up just to watch the rebroadcast so I could see the episode again before going to bed.

Just fantastic.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Every scene Tormund is in makes me smile, as it has since he first appeared on this show. Loved the short but funny anecdote on how he got his Giantsbane name. You know, even though I love him, I can't decide whether I'd like him to have a happy ending after the big battle, or to see him go down in a blaze of glory. At this point, either fate could be pretty awesome.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Every scene Tormund is in makes me smile, as it has since he first appeared on this show. Loved the short but funny anecdote on how he got his Giantsbane name. You know, even though I love him, I can't decide whether I'd like him to have a happy ending after the big battle, or to see him go down in a blaze of glory. At this point, either fate could be pretty awesome.
    Was he drinking milk while he was telling the story? The fluid in his beard appeared white I assumed it wine before I saw the color but then again iono that much about old world alchohol. But yea I smile ear to ear even at something as simple as him staring Breanne akwardly. The character is amazingly lovable and that why I'm sure he will be dead soon

So, anyone else notice a severe lack of undead dragon at the end?

I'm thinking things are about to get MUCH colder in the south.

How long has it been since you watched early seasons of GoT? I binged the whole series the month leading up to this one and it was surprising to me to go back and see just how vicious and cruel Tormund was in early seasons because the last couple of seasons he just sort of seemed like this big ginger teddy bear.

I think Tormund might survive. If there is any world left at the end of the series, he’s the only wildling we know left alive, so he’s the voice of a group that was so important to the series.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, anyone else notice a severe lack of undead dragon at the end?

I'm thinking things are about to get MUCH colder in the south.
    That's what I'm HOPING but I'm not sure. It would be a disappointment if NK just goes down at winterfell, and that's that.

Tormund is comedy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    How long has it been since you watched early seasons of GoT? I binged the whole series the month leading up to this one and it was surprising to me to go back and see just how vicious and cruel Tormund was in early seasons because the last couple of seasons he just sort of seemed like this big ginger teddy bear.
    Oh, no doubt he's an *******. That's how he's been able to last as long as he has. I think the shift in how we perceive him in the later seasons is mostly because we constantly see him among lords/knights from south of the Wall -where he's awkward because of the cultural differences- , and not among his fellow Free Folk where he had a long-standing reputation and commanded more respect.

But I also think a lot of characters have been toned down in terms of viciousness over the course of seasons 6 and 7.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    That whole episode was pure awesome. It's the perfect table setting for the night before the big battle. It gives pretty much every main and supporting character a brief moment or two (or more) to shine since we know that the show will be far too busy with the long fight ahead for more character development.

It had everything you could've possibly wanted and it is definitely one of my favorite episodes. I stayed up just to watch the rebroadcast so I could see the episode again before going to bed.

Just fantastic.
    Agreed. This was one of my favorite episodes. They did a great job making you connect with each character. Which is kind of a gut punch as I am sure a handful of them are doomed next week.

The real question is who will not survive next weeks episode? I am sure that Theon is a dead man but he will die saving Bran so he will be redeemed in the end. I wouldnt be shocked to see Arya die. I would hate it but wouldnt be shocked. I kinda wish Dany would die as she gets on my nerves.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    The real question is who will not survive next weeks episode? I am sure that Theon is a dead man but he will die saving Bran so he will be redeemed in the end. I wouldnt be shocked to see Arya die. I would hate it but wouldnt be shocked. I kinda wish Dany would die as she gets on my nerves.
    I think any character that's not really linked the the Cersi portion of the narrative can easily die.

Obviously people like Tyrion and Jamie need to stick around, as there's plenty more mine out of them when they finally have to deal with Cersi. But someone like Tormund, I'm not even sure if he knows who Cersi is. Bram is another character who basically is only involved with the Night Walker storyline at this point. One way or the other, he might be gone after next week.

But no way would Dani make the list. But I imagine a lot of Dani's forces as a whole and some of her support will be killed off, since she really needs to be weakened when they finally have to deal with Kings Landing. Might even lose a dragon. For storytelling purposes I think Dani needs to be the underdog.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-22-2019 at 07:27 AM.