Page 38 of 555 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member

I'm actually not happy with the changes made to Tyrion's 'escape.' The way it happened in the books had more of a punch. I appreciate that he he doesn't want to kill every single member of his family this time, but something was missing in that scene.

The changes to what happened with the Hound were really good though. And that action scene with Bran was a nice surprise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I was expecting more of the most complex, dynamic character to have ever graced anyone's television set....
    I can't get enough of the bastard, "this is turning into an interesting night"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    What does Arya plan on doing up North? Finding Jon?
    I guess that was the initial plan, now she's headed towards someone more suited for her newfound interests.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    So if The Mountain lives then it just makes Obyren look even more stupid for not killing him when he had the chance
    It will depend on what changes exactly will he undergo, as a result of Dr, Frankenstein's experiments.

BANNED

So Arya is going to bravvos (?) spoilers:
    to join the faceless men and train to become an assassin ?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-16-2014 at 10:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    So Arya is going to bravvos (?) spoilers:
    to join the faceless men and train to become an assassin ?
    end of spoilers
    That seems a logical continuation of her story so far.
    Of course this being GoT for all we know her boat sinks just before it reaches harbor.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-16-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe he is irrelevant in the long run? . . .
    Yep. His relevancy ended when they reached the tree. Even in the books.
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

In that cases it makes sense to kill him, less people on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    I think people might be misreading Arya's state of mind in leaving the Hound.

I didn't take it as her being stone-cold. I took it as Arya not being able to bring herself to do it because "He's not on the list anymore."

It wasn't an intentional act of cruelty, but rather a reminder that for the moment Arya Stark still has some humanity left in her. She looked on the verge of tears a couple of times during the Hound's attempts to goad her into killing him.

Arya is HORRIBLY messed up psychologically by this point. And it's only gonna get worse....

The Brienne/Hound fight was AWESOME. Just a real slugfest in every sense of the word.
    I pretty much agree. Arya was trying to cope with how to live her life again. The Hound wasn't necessarily a good or evil man, but one she has grown accustomed to, and one that has taught her important survival skills. They taught each other things they would never learn normally. Like it or not, he was guarding her, even if it was just to his benefit. I thought it was more sad when the Hound admitted his time with her was his only happy memory.

I think the Hound both understands she's not a killer yet and forgives her, but at the same time, he curse her for leaving him to die from exposure in the next few days, or possibly eaten by a predator.

Really good acting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    You'll be missed.
    Unlike Joffrey

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    I thought it was more sad when the Hound admitted his time with her was his only happy memory.
    I don't remember him saying that......What I do remember is him saying, when he was trying to piss Arya off so she would kill him, that he should've "fucked Sansa bloody" during the Battle of the Blackwater, so he would've had at least one happy memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I don't remember him saying that......What I do remember is him saying, when he was trying to piss Arya off so she would kill him, that he should've "fucked Sansa bloody" during the Battle of the Blackwater, so he would've had at least one happy memory.
    Yeah, this is what he said.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Rewatched GoT again. It is NOT clear if Varys is on a ship or the docks. There were some sounds of creaking wood, but not enough to tell if ship or dock. Lots of people with lanterns.
    I took it as he was leaving on the ship sitting next to the same crate Tyrion was in.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Lady SH saved for next season I guess.

It's been a great season.

I was sure that's what the cliffhanger would be for the Season finale... I thought that would have been a great cliffhanger

Fantastic Member

As far as the hound goes, you gotta think the brotherhood without banners is lurking around, and with that the power to bring someone back!