Page 380 of 555 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I know a lot of people are expecting a bloodbath next week, but I'm actually kinda reserved about that. I do believe there will be shocking deaths, but I'm not totally convinced it will be comprised of most of the main cast. Especially since we got 3 more episodes after that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I know a lot of people are expecting a bloodbath next week, but I'm actually kinda reserved about that. I do believe there will be shocking deaths, but I'm not totally convinced it will be comprised of most of the main cast. Especially since we got 3 more episodes after that episode.
    I think the MAIN cast (ie Jon, Dani, Jamie, Tyrion, Sasha, Arya, etc) will make it through the next episode. I think it's a lot of the supporting guys (ie Grey Worm, Theon, Davos, Tormund, etc) which are in danger.

With few episodes left, you probably want to streamline the cast so that the main characters have enough time to finish their arcs anyways.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I expect one significant character death this week. It's been two relatively quiet episodes in a row, this close to the end... I think it's time for a bass drop.

I'm wondering now if the endgame is for both the Three-Eyed Raven and the Night King to die. Bran says he is "the memory of the world" and the NK wants to destroy that and bring "eternal night." But what if both of those things are against the best interests of civilization in Westeros? Is the world relying too much on its memory of the past and not enough on moving into the future? The alternative to losing the memory of the past doesn't have to be a centuries-long Dark Age (e.g. after the fall of Rome) but could be a Renaissance (e.g. after the fall of feudalism, the end of the grip of religious orthodoxy after the Reformation, etc.) Things like the defeat of the Faith Militant, the first female knight, and so forth could be foreshadowing of that.

So the Hidebound Past and the Ignorant Future both die, and humanity is left to chart its own path forward.

The best ending would be seven autonomous kingdoms under an elected High King in King's Landing, ruling with a parliament of lords and ladies and commoners, and the Citadel run by someone with a reverence for knowledge but a willingness to review old traditions and rules to see if they really make any sense. Seems like a job for King Gendry and Seneschal Samwell Tarly.

I think the fact that Jon and Dany love and respect each other very much will be an important factor in all this. I don't think Dany will turn against him and value the throne more than him. I really don't see that. We just saw her first reaction at the end of last ep, but that was her first reaction after living her whole life thinking the throne belonged to Targaryens and to her because she was the last one.

I assume there will be another battle against Cersei.

Spectacular Member

The Hound has to fight his brother and Theon has to fight his uncle so they should be safe this week

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    The Hound has to fight his brother and Theon has to fight his uncle so they should be safe this week
    I agree about the Hound. But if Theon is literally beside Bran when the Night King comes for him, I'm not sure I like his odds. By choosing to return to Winter Fell to defend the Starks instead of staying with his sister, I think his redemption arc will be more about sacrificing himself to save the Starks over defeating his uncle. I think his sister can do that.

I hope the Hound doesn't die and doesn't fight his brother because this determinist posturing is booooooring. The Hound *IS* the Seven Kingdoms. Break the wheel and become something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Nah, I think Theon completes his character arc by defending Winterfell. He's probably highest on my list for potential deaths, but even if he survives, I don't think we're hinging on a Theon/Jared Lethimselfgo fight... I legitimately could not remember his name, so the Gay of Thrones nickname will have to be a stand in.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I think the uncle will be long dead before Dani and her people arrive at King’s landing

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Hound vs. Mountain has been so harped on that it would pretty much constitute fanservice at this point. Personally I don't care if it ever happens or not.

All I know is that Jorah is going to do something major with Heartsbane, and Arya is going to do something major with that spear. If Jorah doesn't put that sword to plot-significant use, then there was never any reason to have it in the story.

Everyone knows that Tormund is meant to sit on the Iron Throne after all this is over. All hail king Giantsbane! First of his name, lover of Bears, and born with blue eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Nah, I think Theon completes his character arc by defending Winterfell. He's probably highest on my list for potential deaths, but even if he survives, I don't think we're hinging on a Theon/Jared Lethimselfgo fight... I legitimately could not remember his name, so the Gay of Thrones nickname will have to be a stand in.
    Yea Hound vs Mountain gonna happen I think but Theon vs his uncle doesnt seem like its necessary. Honestly feel like his sister has a better chance at that. Theon's arc ends trying to defend Bran imo

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Dany should destroy the Iron Throne and the Iron Bank, build her own society with Jon.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Hound vs. Mountain has been so harped on that it would pretty much constitute fanservice at this point. Personally I don't care if it ever happens or not.

All I know is that Jorah is going to do something major with Heartsbane, and Arya is going to do something major with that spear. If Jorah doesn't put that sword to plot-significant use, then there was never any reason to have it in the story.
    It does bring his relationship with his father, who was a huge influence on Jon and Sam, back around again. He has become, in his own way, just as brave and true. That's how I read the scene.

I'm sure Ser Jorah will do great things in the war to come, though. Easily one of my favorite characters.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I predict The Mountain will instantly become a White Walker since he is technically already dead.