Page 385 of 555 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Many viewers have a theory that the Night King will not attack Winterfell himself but rather Kings Landing. I think him using his forces as a diversion is a decent tactic being he can easily create more but I don't see him taking on Kings Landing just yet. Assuming he does a dragon aeriel assault then most of the dead will be either buried under rubble or incinerated. Also, can he re-animate while flying overhead or does he need to be in close proximity? He can't get too low cause by now Qyburn should have made more ballistas and maybe catapults. The Golden Company was created by a Targaryen so they may some knowledge on how to battle a dragon (although maybe not a dead one). Of course the obvious reason is with the city destroyed, citizens dead, her armies destroyed, Cersei would be taken off the table in the third episode with three to go. No one wants that.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Many viewers have a theory that the Night King will not attack Winterfell himself but rather Kings Landing. I think him using his forces as a diversion is a decent tactic being he can easily create more but I don't see him taking on Kings Landing just yet. Assuming he does a dragon aeriel assault then most of the dead will be either buried under rubble or incinerated. Also, can he re-animate while flying overhead or does he need to be in close proximity? He can't get too low cause by now Qyburn should have made more ballistas and maybe catapults. The Golden Company was created by a Targaryen so they may some knowledge on how to battle a dragon (although maybe not a dead one). Of course the obvious reason is with the city destroyed, citizens dead, her armies destroyed, Cersei would be taken off the table in the third episode with three to go. No one wants that.
    The huge disadvantage the people in Kings Landing have is they aren't prepped to fight the undead like the people in the north. Even if they have anti-dragon weapons and strategy, if it doesn't incorporate dragon glass then it might not work anyways. So going to King Landing would have some advantages I suppose. In a lot of ways it's the much easier fight.

Then again, maybe Bran knows the Night King will do just that. Many have speculated the wild fire in Kings Landing could be a trap for the Nightking.

Bran seems to believe that he's going for Bran himself though... and Bran SEEMS to know what he's talking about these days. So for now I'll assume the Night King is going for Bran. If Bran can effect the past, he potentially is very very dangerous even to the Night King. So even if they are setting an obvious trap using Bran, the Night King might still have to take a shot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The huge disadvantage the people in Kings Landing have is they aren't prepped to fight the undead like the people in the north. Even if they have anti-dragon weapons and strategy, if it doesn't incorporate dragon glass then it might not work anyways. So going to King Landing would have some advantages I suppose. In a lot of ways it's the much easier fight.

Then again, maybe Bran knows the Night King will do just that. Many have speculated the wild fire in Kings Landing could be a trap for the Nightking.

Bran seems to believe that he's going for Bran himself though... and Bran SEEMS to know what he's talking about these days. So for now I'll assume the Night King is going for Bran. If Bran can effect the past, he potentially is very very dangerous even to the Night King. So even if they are setting an obvious trap using Bran, the Night King might still have to take a shot.
    These are all good points. Plus...I'm not sure there is enough time in the series left for two wars with the dead being shown and then a third one later.

I think the NK is coming to WF and somehow he meets his doom this week. The series will need an episode or two to then deal with Cersei and wrap up the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    These are all good points. Plus...I'm not sure there is enough time in the series left for two wars with the dead being shown and then a third one later.

I think the NK is coming to WF and somehow he meets his doom this week. The series will need an episode or two to then deal with Cersei and wrap up the show.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing in terms of time. I'm not sure there's enough show left to have 2 encounters with the Night King PLUS Cersi. That might be a little rushed. I think they might need the next episode to deal with the Night King, another for the fall out, and leave the rest of the show for Cersi.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    its both, he's the first born AND male

even if he wasn't firstborn, the line of succession still recognizes male heirs as primary claim holders

she already processed it, which is why the first words out of her mouth weren't "oh I have another family member" or "oh Ive been shagging my nephew"

it was "oh, you have a stronger claim to the Iron throne"

shes processed it as much as shes going to
    what else could she say...I'm.suredhes not exactly happy who her newfound relative turned out to be. and saying out loud her fvck buddy is her nephew is tooooo icky.... even for a nephew nympho
    The way I see it the Targaryens took the Seven Kingdoms by conquest and lost them by conquest so their claims should be below Gengry's.
    well they lost it in a coup

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I dont think the entirety of the show will end in a battle with Cersei...or the Night King. At least I hope there's more meat to it than that.

I want more from the Night King. I've always felt that the White Walkers are on the run from something themselves, that there is something huge in the snowy mountains beyond the Wall of Man. Something that the emissaries of the Lord of Light have been preparing for.

We've seen a lot of screwed up dark magic, so let's get WEIRD.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-26-2019 at 04:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The way I see it the Targaryens took the Seven Kingdoms by conquest and lost them by conquest so their claims should be below Gengry's.
    Slight wrinkle in this. The Baratheon were actually cousins and familial with the Targs so when the Rebellion happened, Robert was able to use his relation as a bit of a legitimacy now that the rest of the Targaryans either gone or bastards or gave up theirs claims. It was really a conquest, but Robert did choose to use the lineage

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Remember that the remaining 4 episodes are feature-length. Two movies to defeat the Night King, one to defeat Cersei, and one to wrap everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Slight wrinkle in this. The Baratheon were actually cousins and familial with the Targs so when the Rebellion happened, Robert was able to use his relation as a bit of a legitimacy now that the rest of the Targaryans either gone or bastards or gave up theirs claims. It was really a conquest, but Robert did choose to use the lineage
    well without the Targaryens there wouldn't be an Iron Throne right?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    well without the Targaryens there wouldn't be an Iron Throne right?
    Year Westeros was quite literally 7 Kingdoms. Each major region had a King.

Aegon, Visenya, and Rhaenys came and burnt **** up with their dragons, got nearly all of them to submit or just killed them and established new Lord Paramounts and made King’s Landing the capital. That lasted until the Mad King

The Iron Throne is legit made of swords from Aegon’s conquest. It’s actually supposed to be massive and you have to climb up it

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    She won't turn on Jon, when it comes down to it.
    I think so too. This is what they want, to keep us talking and guessing.. it's working. But I think there is lots of misdirection to keep the suspense.

This is funny. Even the Justice League shows up.. :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Remember that the remaining 4 episodes are feature-length. Two movies to defeat the Night King, one to defeat Cersei, and one to wrap everything up.
    That sounds about right, but I think that eliminates the idea of the NK going south.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That sounds about right, but I think that eliminates the idea of the NK going south.
    going south to do a solo bombing run on King's Landing at this point would be counter-productive for him. Right now only the North is really taking him seriously as a threat. He and his dracolich might be bad-ass, but they can't conquer the south alone and it would cause all of Westeros to suddenly sit up and realize the danger they're in. Cersei thinks either team Targaryen will defeat the dead army, and then she can sweep in and take care of the exhausted, wounded survivors, or the dead will eliminate team Targaryen for her and she can then bring the full might of the Seven Kingdoms against the invaders. The NK going south would unite everyone against him and he'd be facing the Lannister army, the Golden Company, Euron's fleet and everyone else at once.

I think if KL is going to get firebombed, it's going to be by living dragons rather than a dead one.

BANNED

going south to do a solo bombing run on King's Landing at this point would be counter-productive for him. Right now only the North is really taking him seriously as a threat. He and his dracolich might be bad-ass, but they can't conquer the south alone and it would cause all of Westeros to suddenly sit up and realize the danger they're in. Cersei thinks either team Targaryen will defeat the dead army, and then she can sweep in and take care of the exhausted, wounded survivors, or the dead will eliminate team Targaryen for her and she can then bring the full might of the Seven Kingdoms against the invaders. The NK going south would unite everyone against him and he'd be facing the Lannister army, the Golden Company, Euron's fleet and everyone else at once.

I think if KL is going to get firebombed, it's going to be by living dragons rather than a dead one.
    Plus, I see no reason for Bran to lie about the Night King's motivations.

You can make an arguement going south has it's advantages. Not that I think that's what he's going to do... but I could in theory see him doing it.

The North is ready for a fight with the undead, but Kings Landing is not. They don't have dragon glass and they don't have dragons, so Night King even solo could in theory wipe out Kings Landing even if it's just him and his ice dragon. And if he can resurrect the Dragons in the Dragon pit, he gains a big advantage in the air over Danys dragons numerically.

Again, not saying that's what will happen. But I can see it.