Page 386 of 555 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Year Westeros was quite literally 7 Kingdoms. Each major region had a King.

Aegon, Visenya, and Rhaenys came and burnt shit up with their dragons, got nearly all of them to submit or just killed them and established new Lord Paramounts and made King’s Landing the capital. That lasted until the Mad King

The Iron Throne is legit made of swords from Aegon’s conquest. It’s actually supposed to be massive and you have to climb up it
    https://i.imgur.com/v5iyoox.jpg

This is more what I imagined the Iron Throne looking like when reading the books. Now I do get why the show changed it though. Probably time, money, safety, etc reasons.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And if he can resurrect the Dragons in the Dragon pit, he gains a big advantage in the air over Danys dragons numerically.
    Has it been established that he can raise corpses regardless of how long they've been dead? I can only recall seeing him raise the very recently killed.

In any case, he can't improve the condition of the corpses he has to work with... I doubt any of the dragon remains in the Dragonpit are in any condition to be a threat if resurrected, especially after the place was thoroughly burned when it was being used as a plague mass grave. The same would go for the dead interred in the Winterfell crypt, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Has it been established that he can raise corpses regardless of how long they've been dead? I can only recall seeing him raise the very recently killed.

In any case, he can't improve the condition of the corpses he has to work with... I doubt any of the dragon remains in the Dragonpit are in any condition to be a threat if resurrected, especially after the place was thoroughly burned when it was being used as a plague mass grave. The same would go for the dead interred in the Winterfell crypt, etc.
    Winterfell will probably be the test of what he can do. At this point, the only corpse which should be in half descent shape should be Rickon in theory. There shouldn't even be a whole lot loeft from headless Ned. But if the corpses in the crypt are viable, then the dragons in the pit might be.

Course I'm just speaking theoretically.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think so too. This is what they want, to keep us talking and guessing.. it's working. But I think there is lots of misdirection to keep the suspense.

This is funny. Even the Justice League shows up.. :P

I said the same thing elsewhere, a lot of this seems like misdirection. Also it's kinda ironic how people ridiculed noble characters for trying to be good (cause it got them killed). While at the same time propping Jon up as a guaranteed winner of the Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think so too. This is what they want, to keep us talking and guessing.. it's working. But I think there is lots of misdirection to keep the suspense.

This is funny. Even the Justice League shows up.. :P

Maybe this is a spoiler. Game of Throne ends with Dany sitting on the iron throne disguised as Jon Snow.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

People like Jon cause he's the closest thing to a standard heroic main character. I mean after Ned and Rob died, he was all that's left for certain types of fans. Even though he kinda fall into the same trappings of Ned, and Robb. For example the whole honor before reason thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    People like Jon cause he's the closest thing to a standard heroic main character. I mean after Ned and Rob died, he was all that's left for certain types of fans. Even though he kinda fall into the same trappings of Ned, and Robb. For example the whole honor before reason thing.
    At THIS point in the story, I think it's fair to say he's more the POV character in the story than anyone else. You couldn't say that earlier in the show as it involved telling the stories of so many different characters in so many different settings. But right now, you can almost say it's a Jon Snow movie. That might change once we move the setting to Kings Landing where it's more about Dany than Jon, but right now against the Night King it's basically Jon's show. So yeah, it's easy to really get behind him.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At THIS point in the story, I think it's fair to say he's more the POV character in the story than anyone else. You couldn't say that earlier in the show as it involved telling the stories of so many different characters in so many different settings. But right now, you can almost say it's a Jon Snow movie. That might change once we move the setting to Kings Landing where it's more about Dany than Jon, but right now against the Night King it's basically Jon's show. So yeah, it's easy to really get behind him.
    Eh, maybe. Every character has a fanbase. But Jon had the bulk of them for a long time though imo. I didn't even read the books and I got a sense that Jon was being set up for something while Stannis, Dany, and Robb was glorified decoy protagonists.

Incredible Member

Waiting patiently and anxiously. There are some characters I'm not ready to say goodbye to.

I've been seeing this pic all over Twitter today in preparation for the Battle of Winterfell:

AAAABattle.jpg
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I've been seeing this pic all over Twitter today in preparation for the Battle of Winterfell:
    Beric is missing, and there's only one dragon. I guess they've already been written off?

Jon isn't there either. The pic must be cropped?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Beric is missing, and there's only one dragon. I guess they've already been written off?

Jon isn't there either. The pic must be cropped?
    Yara and Bronn are not at Winterfell either!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Yara and Bronn are not at Winterfell either!
    Neither are Hot Pie and Nymeria. Bronn is on his way, but probably won't get there until after the battle unless he has one of the Game of Thrones Teleporters.

I guess these are just all of the Team Good characters. Yara will be off confronting Euron mano a mano presumably.

As for Bronn, if Cersei expects him to actually kill Tyrion or Jamie, she's as dumb as Tyrion was for believing she'd send her army.

I have a feeling she actually knows nothing about Bronn's mission, and Qyburn is playing his own game here. He knows perfectly well that Bronn has saved both Tyrion and Jamie's lives, isn't an evil man, and would not murder either one of them. He also takes the threat of the Night King seriously, unlike Cersei. Bronn has plenty of weapons... why would Qyburn give him a special crossbow to do the job with, unless it was a *special* crossbow that can unleash some kind of mad science on the baddies?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I can't wait for tonight.

Same director as the Battle of the Bastards.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

This is all Jon’s fault. He spent like 20 minutes sitting with his dragon chillin on the wall not doing shit.