Page 388 of 555 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438488 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Ghost saw the wall of the dead, said fuck this and dipped 5 minutes in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that the idea was that he was looking for The Night King during the battle to end the war as quickly as possible, but it can of backfired when they discovered that dragon fire didn't do s#$% toward the NK.
    Nah, Jon’s dragon coulda been letting some fire spray while Jon was checking the sky.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Don't forget...

spoilers:
    Ghost
    end of spoilers
    She alive, she's in the next episode preview

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    She alive, she's in the next episode preview
    Oh thank God.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Also, alot of people's predictions was hella off, ESPECIALLY about the crypts . The only thing people got right was Arya. On the other hand I was right about the death toll being unremarkable.
    I hope people eat crow for saying the civilians was safe in the crypts lol. People was also wrong about the NK flying south. Cool idea, but we were never getting it. People was also wrong about major characters dying. Of those that died I would only consider 2 of them major.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Theory.

You kill the Night King, you become the next Night King.

That would be a shocking ending.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

That library scene with Arya though!

Like something out of Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid.

spoilers:
    Killing the Night King was straight out of Assassin's Creed.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    That library scene with Arya though!

Like something out of Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid.

spoilers:
    Killing the Night King was straight out of Assassin's Creed.
    end of spoilers
    I thought the scene with the wight dragon burning the courtyard was heavily reminiscent of the early part of Skyrim. When Alduin attacked the fortress.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Are we allowed to post spoilers?

Anyways:

spoilers:
    Yeah...not sure how I feel about it. The episode did its main job which was make us go "oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit" even though we knew it was coming. Arya's horror sequence in the middle definitely helped break up the pace and add tense. But man, the shaky cam was just too much, too much snow and ash and shit and I could barely see it when the fighting was thickest. In any case...Arya doing the deed doesn't do it for me. There was nothing at all revealed of consequence. We know nothing more about the Night King, there's no intrigue to them left, Bran didn't do a damn thing or warg into anything or have any kind of vision, and somehow she's the one to kill him? Her character has jumped the shark in terms of being a badass.

I might feel differently going forward and I am glad we can go back to more character-based conflict, but dispensing of the Night King like that felt cheap to me.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

ARYAAAAAAAA!

A girl is truly badass.

Lyanna was the only fatality I wasn't predicting... but she killed a giant with her last breath. The last two Mormonts died song-worthy deaths.

I honestly thought it would take more than one episode to defeat the NK. Now at least two episodes to take care of Cersei, where the battles will hopefully take place with the lights on. But now Cersei has the upper hand. The Dothraki are wiped out, the Unsullied have taken heavy losses, and the survivors are hurt and exhausted. Hopefully Jon's dragon is still alive. Cersei has the Golden Company, the Lannister army, and most of the Iron Fleet, and now that the dead are eliminated they have no reason not to fight at full morale.

The stakes are obviously lower now. If the bad guys win the Seven Kingdoms get yet another tyrant, but the Worlderos keeps on spinning.

He, just remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post

Anyways:

spoilers:
    Yeah...not sure how I feel about it. The episode did its main job which was make us go "oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit" even though we knew it was coming. Arya's horror sequence in the middle definitely helped break up the pace and add tense. But man, the shaky cam was just too much, too much snow and ash and shit and I could barely see it when the fighting was thickest. In any case...Arya doing the deed doesn't do it for me. There was nothing at all revealed of consequence. We know nothing more about the Night King, there's no intrigue to them left, Bran didn't do a damn thing or warg into anything or have any kind of vision, and somehow she's the one to kill him? Her character has jumped the shark in terms of being a badass.

I might feel differently going forward and I am glad we can go back to more character-based conflict, but dispensing of the Night King like that felt cheap to me.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, i think that this resume my feelings on the episode quite well. Still, maybe i will change my mind after all is said and done, but i'm skeptical.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post

Anyways:

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I find it hilarious how Bran went “I’m going now”. And was basically “AFK” until the Night King showed up. I hope he was doing something important.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

But, at the same time people praise GoT for subverting certain tropes at times, so given that context, the ending of this episode does sort of go with the GoT theme.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, i think that this resume my feelings on the episode quite well. Still, maybe i will change my mind after all is said and done, but i'm skeptical.
    To be fair a lot of fans may have built up expectations with mysteries that weren't there, but I don't think George would have written something without more thematic importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I find it hilarious how Bran went “I’m going now”. And was basically “AFK” until the Night King showed up. I hope he was doing something important.

It didn't really make sense. Wasted opportunity. Any sort of flashback itself would have been cool.