Page 393 of 555 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Retired

Unless they pull off some big magic stunt--maybe through a flashback--the rest of the series is going to be an anti-climax for me. It's the stuff with the Night KIng that held my interest. However, I can see why they chose to land on Cersei. The stuff with the Night King and Bran is the kind of thing that can be done in prose novels but it's harder to realize on the screen. Cersei is easier to do. But she wore out her welcome with me a couple seasons ago and I'm just so bored with her now.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Unless they pull off some big magic stunt--maybe through a flashback--the rest of the series is going to be an anti-climax for me. It's the stuff with the Night KIng that held my interest. However, I can see why they chose to land on Cersei. The stuff with the Night King and Bran is the kind of thing that can be done in prose novels but it's harder to realize on the screen. Cersei is easier to do. But she wore out her welcome with me a couple seasons ago and I'm just so bored with her now.
    My thoughts exactly. Cersei is barely above a prime time soap villain. Seriously, she wouldn't be out of place in a show like Melrose Place or The Heights, or Dynasty. She's a character we seen a gazillion times, which is fine for a mid tier villain. But in a series like this, it's just kinda undwhelming. It's like the Justice League teaming up to go after Catwoman.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    More than that, he's something so awful they had to rally the wagons. Everyone allied against a threat so magnificent it couldn't be ignored. Even Jaime Lannister signed up for the Army of the Living, defying his beloved sister.

Now that's gone. Over. Fallout leaves all their divided ambitions and petty feuds to reemerge. I don't imagine it will be as simple as Lannister and Stark turning on each other again, but these new bonds will be tested. And, I suspect, cause serious problems for some. (Sansa and Tyrion seemed to be on the verge of something tonight, we'll see.)

The real drama isn't in the alliance. It's in what happens when the alliance is no longer needed. They won the war. But winning the peace may be the bigger trick.
    Thats the juicy part we’ve been waiting for, but it didn’t have to be totally divorced from this conflict and the mysteries that surround it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    And now Team Winterfell has lost about 75 percent of its fighting strength

How are they planning to take on Cersei?
    A Small strike team infiltrates the castle while the rest of her forces serve as a distraction?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    No, you describe Jon & Jamie throwing hands with some mystic god creature and only winning because he was distracted by random fire ravens.

Having the NK slip and impale himself on dragon glass would be a more satisfying end than that.
    When I said hand-to-hand I didn’t mean it to exclude weapons. Attacking the night king is what Jon wanted to do anyway. Random ravens? Or maybe Bran actually doing something while he’s warging? Yeah instead of team work bringing down a fierce mystic enemy who can throw a javelin hundreds of yards into the air, let’s have a small girl jump Out from an open clearing and survive his grip and stab him once.

I think they saved Cersi dor last because shes the more hated villain, and seeing her killed would probaby the more satisfying finale.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I'm too invested to stop watching it at this point tho lol. I'll keep watching it but I doubt the next 3 episodes will make me feel better about the season. Tbh I just hope the spinoff does a better job with the mystical stuff.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think they saved Cersi dor last because shes the more hated villain, and seeing her killed would probaby the more satisfying finale.
    Love to hate? Or just hate? Those are two very different hatreds.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    When I said hand-to-hand I didn’t mean it to exclude weapons. Attacking the night king is what Jon wanted to do anyway. Random ravens? Or maybe Bran actually doing something while he’s warging? Yeah instead of team work bringing down a fierce mystic enemy who can throw a javelin hundreds of yards into the air, let’s have a small girl jump Out from an open clearing and survive his grip and stab him once.
    Oh, so by hand to hand combat you didn’t actually mean hand to hand but something completely different? Got it.

Jon did want to fight him but couldn’t ever get close enough to do so. Jamie was to busy not dying to ever be in a position to duel with the big guy either.

And you wanted team work to bring down the fierce mystic enemy? You mean like somebody responsible for drawing said creature out into the open while somebody else is responsible for stalling the NK until somebody else can get in a position to kill him? Because that sounds a lot like team work to me.

I'm disappointed.

-Most of the fights were really hard to see. Please don't say "Oh, it's meant to be that way! To get the feeling of chaos!" That's a shitty excuse.
    -I kind of feel like a sadistic dick saying this, but way too many characters survived.
    -Arya stabbing Night King doesn't do it for me at all. I think now she's officially a character that I don't like. She was getting there for the last couple of seasons, but now it's official. Can't believe this, she started out as one of my favourites.
    -Cercei as the final villain, ugh.

I'm with you Lightning Rider, all your suggestion are better than what the show did.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Love to hate? Or just hate? Those are two very different hatreds.
    I think people were ok with her until they figured the show was grooming her to be the final villain. I think some people only ever saw her as a supporting character. In a way she kinda parallels Jon to a small degree, except people like Jon as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    And now Team Winterfell has lost about 75 percent of its fighting strength

How are they planning to take on Cersei?
    I'd imagine the two dragons finally doing the bulk of the work. I doubt Dany is going to be in the mood to do it any other way anymore, in addition to losing most of her military.

Imagine one or both end up taking a scorpion spear or whatever to the chest too.

Id also imagine Cersei not keeping up her end of the bargain is going to piss off the rest of the North and they will send their soldiers as well.

But yeah, dragons
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I think people were ok with her until they figured the show was grooming her to be the final villain. I think some people only ever saw her as a supporting character. In a way she kinda parallels Jon to a small degree, except people like Jon as a character.
    I never saw Jon as a supporting character. I always felt like he was going to play a big part. Cercei though... never thought she'd survived past six seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Production wise,it was great. But that's the power of the show now. Narrative and plot wise, the episode was the worst, because it drops the whole core of Martin's plot into garbage. The whole point of the saga was that humanity's petty grudges are that. Petty. Humanity is too myopic to see the danger that, if unchecked,it could wipe them out. Having the whole White Walker plot end in one episode,after such build up, it's the textbook of anti-climactic.
    Excellent point. I'm not surprised that it fell by the wayside in the face of certain real-world realities: the Knight King is a voiceless and played by a nobody. Cersei is a played by a skilled actress who can get given lots of dialogue.

Ultimate Member

Cersei has been there from day one and we've seen her descent into madness more and more. She's a more fleshed-out character, whereas TNK was basically a force of natural, but with little personality of his own.

I can see why they'd go with Cersei. GOT has always been more about characters and TNK feels more like the kind of LOTR-esque villain (no disrespect to LOTR, it's great in it's own right) that these books and show try to avoid.