Page 394 of 555 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd imagine the two dragons finally doing the bulk of the work. I doubt Dany is going to be in the mood to do it any other way anymore, in addition to losing most of her military.

Imagine one or both end up taking a scorpion spear or whatever to the chest too.

Id also imagine Cersei not keeping up her end of the bargain is going to piss off the rest of the North and they will send their soldiers as well.

But yeah, dragons
    Also even Tyrion isn't going to advising the sort of restraint he was during the last season. He's recognized his mistakes, Cersei's betrayed him one too many times now, and with Jaimie on his side the one thing that might hold him back is gone.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She's a more fleshed-out character, whereas TNK was basically a force of natural, but with little personality of his own.
    But who's fault is that though?

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Also even Tyrion isn't going to advising the sort of restraint he was during the last season. He's recognized his mistakes, Cersei's betrayed him one too many times now, and with Jaimie on his side the one thing that might hold him back is gone.
    He has to be effective, cause I'll lose all respect for him if he just continues to be dumb for the sake of plot.

The problem with Tyrion is his story kinda ended when Tywin died. And it certainly ended the moment Dany made him Hand of the Queen. His major source of drama and angst was dead, and he was given a position of power by someone who saw his value. Tyrion arc over. Since then he's just kind of hung around and his absence would have changed the story very little.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 04-29-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Oh, so by hand to hand combat you didn’t actually mean hand to hand but something completely different? Got it.
    Ooh, we have a smug one here! Learn a bit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand-to-hand_combat

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Jon did want to fight him but couldn’t ever get close enough to do so. Jamie was to busy not dying to ever be in a position to duel with the big guy either.

And you wanted team work to bring down the fierce mystic enemy? You mean like somebody responsible for drawing said creature out into the open while somebody else is responsible for stalling the NK until somebody else can get in a position to kill him? Because that sounds a lot like team work to me.

The way they wrote it is the way it played out, so obviously that ending can't just be plopped on top of those details.

It took precious little teamwork to actually land a blow onto the Nightking.

Look, I wrote about 7 endings, that one isn't my favorite, but it earns its kill with more effort and participation. If you like the official ending, that's cool. To me it didn't feel like the Night King's death lived up to the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    If you like the official ending, that's cool. To me it didn't feel like the Night King's death lived up to the hype.
    Same. It was too hyped up. "biggest battle in filming history!" "force of nature!"

The great war did not even last one night

Dany could have very easily burned the Red Keep to the ground and turned around and basically accomplished the same thing.

Now she has to do it with barely an army.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So basically Jon Snow's pinnacle moment in the Great War was to stand in front of a dragon and scream at it.

The episode had some nice/epic moments, though the Night King's demise was an anti-climax, thought there was more to him than just death and destruction. Lack of clarity in the battles (too dark), and some of the military tactics were questionable. I also still can't get over the "logic" of last season's East Watch mission to bring a wight to convince Cersei (losing a dragon and handing it to the NK in the process) only to have her not send her forces north. Anyway, the dragon fights were the standout, and the Melisandre scenes...entertaining episode, but I had a few issues with it too.
    Last edited by Sparta; 04-29-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    So basically Jon Snow's pinnacle moment in the Great War was to stand in front of a dragon and scream at it.
    I swear, this show sometimes tries to thrive on subverting expectations to the point it is anti-climatic sometimes...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Arya stomping that icy weirdo was thrilling. She's of the Faceless Men after all, makes sense. Almost expected to see one of them show up.

I've always found the Night King to be a drag. I was hoping he would have more to him. A motive, personality, a reason for being. He's just bad guy because bad things for bad reasons? If that is the case, I'm glad they wrapped him up so we can move on to more interesting matters.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 04-29-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Mostly I was just glad to see the Onion Knight survive his 3rd battle. He truly is the greatest.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Got to agree I’m not overly pleased that Cersei/Euron remain as the final foe. It really does feel like it might be all anti-climax and wrapping things up from here on.

I just really hope Jon gets something to do. He needs probably the biggest moment they can give him, imo.
    Disappointed he wasn’t the one to kill the Night King, after countless seasons of staring eachother down like it would always come down to them.

Not to sound like I didn’t like the episode, because I did, but I feel like there wasn’t near enough death as there probably should have been.

I didn't mind Arya getting the kill just that it felt anticlimactic the death of the Night King basically was this

https://images.app.goo.gl/zEsgEr92gxrMLdAUA

I always expected the White Walkers to either be running from, or be in service to some giant Lovecraftian elder "god". The Wall would come down and they'd push through and we'd have a horrific battle, and then in the distance you'd see some real Elder God horrifying thing, distorted by snow.

That said, how would they even deal with that? It would just be way too insurmountable.

Why exactly does anybody think Arya couldn't do it? Her entire story has been about cheating death and being the toughest fighter she can possibly be.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Why exactly does anybody think Arya couldn't do it? Her entire story has been about cheating death and being the toughest fighter she can possibly be.
    I’ve got nothing against Arya doing it and know she’s fully capable. I just feel like it should’ve been Jon, really. His whole story from the very beginning has been leading to this moment.