Page 395 of 555 FirstFirst ... 295345385391392393394395396397398399405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’ve got nothing against Arya doing it and know she’s fully capable. I just feel like it should’ve been Jon, really. His whole story from the very beginning has been leading to this moment.
    Exactly.

Now I just feel like, "now what?" with Jon

He doesn't seem to want any throne/leadership he has been given. Because he has been so focused on one thing (WW/NK)

I half want him to just go, "sweet, I'm done with this shit," take his dog and his dragon and leave lol

At the very least, I would have prefered NK/Jon dual, NK starts to get the upper hand then Arya appears or something.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I’ve got nothing against Arya doing it and know she’s fully capable. I just feel like it should’ve been Jon, really. His whole story from the very beginning has been leading to this moment.
    Yep. And Arya has had many great kills and I'm sure will have more. Jon has been fighting this threat since season 1.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Exactly.

He doesn't seem to want any throne/leadership he has been given. Because he has been so focused on one thing (WW/NK)

I half want him to just go, "sweet, I'm done with this shit," take his dog and his dragon and leave lol

At the very least, I would have prefered NK/Jon dual, NK starts to get the upper hand then Arya appears or something.
    Yeah, completely agree. Would’ve been 100% behind that, knowing that Jon genuinely made a difference....and his fighting opened up enough time for someone to get the kill.

I feel he needs something big to do now. But I just can’t imagine what

Exactly.

Avenging his family: both his real parents (Rhaegar and Lyanna) and his father (Ned) and brothers (Rob and Rickon).

The Lannisters, either Tywin or Cersi, directly caused or had hands in the deaths of all of them and as long as Cersei lives they aren't fully avenged. Robert Baratheon, Tywin Lannister, Walder Frey, and Ramsay Bolton are all dead now so that just leaves Cersei.

Does this make Arya the Azor Ahai of prophecy?

Yeah, completely agree. Would’ve been 100% behind that, knowing that Jon genuinely made a difference....and his fighting opened up enough time for someone to get the kill.

I feel he needs something big to do now. But I just can’t imagine what
    Jon's big thing was just getting them to that point I suppose. Even though he didn't kill the Night King its still fair to say without him rallying mankind together they would have all lost.

Not that I wasn't expecting him to kill the NK too ... but he was still arguably the most important player. Someone else might have been able to stab the NK but I don't think anyone else could have rallied the support Jon got.

That said, hes still arguably the lead candidate for sitting on the iron throne. So his story isn't necessarily over yet.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think there's a lot left for Jon Snow to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Avenging his family: both his real parents (Rhaegar and Lyanna) and his father (Ned) and brothers (Rob and Rickon).

The Lannisters, either Tywin or Cersi, directly caused or had hands in the deaths of all of them and as long as Cersei lives they aren't fully avenged. Robert Baratheon, Tywin Lannister, Walder Frey, and Ramsay Bolton are all dead now so that just leaves Cersei.
    He's never seemed interested in it though.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

3 episodes to go, all over an hour long. Plenty of time for new information and for Jon and Dany to accomplish a ton.

He's never seemed interested in it though.
    He definitely wanted to avenge Ned at the end of the first season, but his vows, his brothers and the WW convinced him to not pursue it. I don't think that he wants vengeance anymore, but he would want to keep The North safe and that would never happen with Cersei still alive, at least i think that might be his motivation from now on.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Maybe the fact that the night King had them dead to rights at the end and only lost due to a last minute Hail Mary leads to Jon having second thoughts about not wanting a position of power going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe the fact that the night King had them dead to rights at the end and only lost due to a last minute Hail Mary leads to Jon having second thoughts about not wanting a position of power going forward.
    I have to say this, Jon strategic mind in the show, left to be desired, especially in comparison with the books.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Exactly.

I totally agree. I think a Jon 1v1 with Night king was the payoff we needed for years of buildup. Arya could still get her win but it needed to happen. Hell Jon didnt even get a 1v1 vs a general let alone NK. He just walked around aimlessly. They should have let him get a solo kill on a dragon, something.

Hes looking pretty weak.

I can't help but feel like this isn't over. No Night King, no White Walkers, but still. Something's not stirring the Kool-Aid, for all the reasons people have already pointed out. Just deposing Cersei I don't see as endgame.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I can't help but feel like this isn't over. No Night King, no White Walkers, but still. Something's not stirring the Kool-Aid, for all the reasons people have already pointed out. Just deposing Cersei I don't see as endgame.
    There are only 3 eps left

One of the is directed by this same dude, which means it is probably a very action heavy episode, likely the "last war"

So ep 4 as to epilogue the great war, preview the last war, probably begin hashing out the jon/dany relationship

ep 5 large fight

ep 6 has to wrap everything up.

There really isn't time to stir anything else up.