Page 400 of 555 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Dany's army is depleted as hell, Cersie has weapons that can at least hurt dragons, and she has 20k? (i think) of the best mercenaries money can buy
    So you're saying Cersei isn't going to lose the Iron Throne. People would fuckin riot if that happened.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Some of it might even be latent misogyny.
    I can see that.

Basically, some of this sentiment is usually aimed at Sansa too. Some of it might even be latent misogyny.
    I theorized that Dany would turn on them in a plot twist.

I am about as far from a misogynist as you can possibly be. Not everyone who theorizes the woman might turn "evil" is a misogynist. They were being pretty heavy handed with showing how Dany isn't exactly merciful. It's not out of left field that people are thinking "oh...well maybe they are leading her down a darker path"

For what it's worth, I don't want Jon on the throne either. My theory after episode 2 was that Arya may be pregnant with a Baratheon...she could sit on the throne when all is said and done (though she may not want to) until her child is old enough to rule. Frankly, though, if they don't demolish the throne and install a democracy, I'll be a little disappointed.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Not too sure about mixing a children’s program with show that features extreme violent, graphic sexual content, and incest.
    Not the first time as well:

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    For what it's worth, I don't want Jon on the throne either. My theory after episode 2 was that Arya may be pregnant with a Baratheon...she could sit on the throne when all is said and done (though she may not want to) until her child is old enough to rule. Frankly, though, if they don't demolish the throne and install a democracy, I'll be a little disappointed.
    The people clearly no longer care for line of succession at this point because Cersei has no right to the throne at all.

It is all succession by conquest at this point.

I think it all comes down to the dragons really.

Dany has basically lost all her supporters hasn't she? Dothraki are extinct. Unsulliied took a huge beating. Jorah is gone. So she is left with... a useless Varys, useless Tyrion, a translator, and... Jon. And one dragon.

If Jon pushes at all for the throne... it is his isn't it? He has the bloodline, he would have what is left of the North, what is left of the wildlings, he seemingly controls Rhaegel now

For the first time since... drogon rescued her? she took over the dothraki? That Dany isn't in a position of supreme military might right?

The ending is supposed to be bittersweet right? That means i can't see a Jon/Dany marriage with Dany pregnant being the end. Seems too happy at this point.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Jamie for king! Let him become the Queen Slayer to take the throne for himself

Ultimate Member

Gendry is a possibility if he survives (with Arya as well if she survives). Sansa, with the right counsel, could do it as well (although if she survives, the "Wardeness of the North" is another possibility for her).

I kind of see Brienne, Arya, Jamie, etc as "King/Queen's Guard" material if they live.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The people clearly no longer care for line of succession at this point because Cersei has no right to the throne at all.

Dany has basically lost all her supporters hasn't she? Dothraki are extinct. Unsulliied took a huge beating. Jorah is gone. So she is left with... a useless Varys, useless Tyrion, a translator, and... Jon. And one dragon.

If Jon pushes at all for the throne... it is his isn't it? He has the bloodline, he would have what is left of the North, what is left of the wildlings, he seemingly controls Rhaegel now

For the first time since... drogon rescued her? she took over the dothraki? That Dany isn't in a position of supreme military might right?

The ending is supposed to be bittersweet right? That means i can't see a Jon/Dany marriage with Dany pregnant being the end. Seems too happy at this point.
    She has 2 dragons left.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

See that's the thing though, in terms of military power Jon is not in a better position tho.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I theorized that Dany would turn on them in a plot twist.

I am about as far from a misogynist as you can possibly be. Not everyone who theorizes the woman might turn "evil" is a misogynist. They were being pretty heavy handed with showing how Dany isn't exactly merciful. It's not out of left field that people are thinking "oh...well maybe they are leading her down a darker path"

Tbh I'd rather no one sit on a Throne anymore.

With the Battle of Winterfell, D&D told the wrong story the best possible way.

The "bittersweet ending" will be audiences knowing that greater/more important losses were accrued in the final three episodes over lesser conflicts.

I for one am tired of this show pulling its punches since the penultimate season. This cannot be the endgame GRRM intended, and I wish he would publicly assure those of us who no longer believe the show will stick it's landing. Instead, he's bitching about football. I firmly believe that GRRM is not our collective bitch, but at the same time, when his work has gained such a broad and devoted following, I think he owes it to us to at least comment on this latest episode, which resolved a long-important storyline in a way that a majority seems to agree was a letdown.
    Last edited by Hellion; 04-30-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    She has 2 dragons left.
    Unless rhaegel wont turn on Jon now

See that's the thing though, in terms of military power Jon is not in a better position tho.
    He has more than dany if rhagel is loyal to him now
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

I would have been fine with that if Cersei was more interesting.
    I mean people are complaining that the Night King was just another generic big bad evil guy, even though that's how he's been billed forever. Cersei at least has been consistently built from episode 1 on. We saw how she a bitch in Winterfell and raised a brat like Joffrey, we saw how she was culpable in Bran's fall, we saw how she demanded Lady be killed, we saw her use Ned's mercy as a way to get the upper hand and kill the King of the Seven Kingdoms to usurp the throne with her bastard son, we saw her torment Sansa, we saw her try to disrupt Tyrion during his time as Hand, we saw her blame Tyrion the death of Joffrey, we saw her manipulate Tommen, we saw her isolate the Tyrell's, we saw her murder all her enemies with Wildfire and assume the throne, we saw her torture Silent Sisters and Ellaria Sand and her daughter, we saw her betray all of humanity by keeping her army from the battle against the dead so that she could be in a better position to win.

For better or worse, Cersei has easily been the most consistent villain in the series and we saw her rise to where she is now.

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't say people don't care. The realm is just incredibly divided. First off the Targaryens have a loose claim to throne because they were ousted. Stannis had a good claim, but NOBODY liked Stannis. Joffrey had a lie as a claim but he also held the seat and had enough of an army to hold it, Cersei basically survived her husband, her husband's brothers, and her children. All that's left in that line are bastards that Cersei would never legitimize. So after years of being Queen, Queen Regent, mother of the King, she used all her allies to support her taking the seat her family had occupied. And even with that, Cersei pretty much just has the Lannisters, Euron's portion of the Iron Islands and the City Watch of King's Landing. Dorne is in dissaray and they aren't supporting her. The Reach was taken. The Riverlands are a complete mess and House Frey that did support her is gone. Her support in the North died with the Bolton's. The Vale is supporting the North. Maybe the Stormlands is helping her, but I doubt it somehow.

Right now Cersei has some support and she also has the seat everyone wants. It's a matter if someone else musters the support to defeat her.

Renly didn't have a real claim either besides he was the King's youngest brother and he was really popular.

It's really just whoever can get the support to take it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    With the Battle of Winterfell, D&D told the wrong story the best possible way.

The "bittersweet ending" will be audiences knowing that greater/more important losses were accrued in the final three episodes over lesser conflicts.

I for one am tired of this show pulling its punches since the penultimate season. This cannot be the endgame GRRM intended, and I wish he would publicly assure those of us who no longer believe the show will stick it's landing. Instead, he's bitching about football. I firmly believe that GRRM is not our collective bitch, but at the same time, when his work has gained such a broad and devoted following, I think he owes it to us to at least comment on this latest episode, which resolved a long-important storyline in a way that a majority seems to agree was a letdown.
    GRRM basically said he thinks the show ending will overall be his ending with only some minor differences.