Page 401 of 555 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    GRRM basically said he thinks the show ending will overall be his ending with only some minor differences.
    given the reception, I can only imagine that wont be the case

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Unless rhaegel wont turn on Jon now

He has more than dany if rhagel is loyal to him now
    We have absolutely zero reason to believe Dani or Jon are turning on each other.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    given the reception, I can only imagine that wont be the case
    Some fans are complaining but most mainstream reviews were very positive. Also GRRM said multiple times that he refuses to change his plans based off fans figuring things out or how something is received. He feels it doesn't keep the intent genuine
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 04-30-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Yes, most of the bad reception is in this forum as far as I can see. Most of the online reviews range from "very good with reservations" to "spectacular."

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Yes, most of the bad reception is in this forum as far as I can see. Most of the online reviews range from "very good with reservations" to "spectacular."
    Well, for most of the series progress, after season 5, there were few non books readers who were critical of this show. This episode was very divisive, with people praising or bashing the finale of the Long Night plot. Still, the show is in a situation where even if it gives you a turd disguised as a candy, it will bring tons of viewers and money. I think, only after the end of the series, we will have the whole picture and how fandom will judge the show.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The complaints of this issue aren’t limited to this forum

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Unless rhaegel wont turn on Jon now

He has more than dany if rhagel is loyal to him now
    That's a huge reach...

Extraordinary Member

The complaints of this issue aren’t limited to this forum
    They aren't but I mostly see them on forums like here and places like reddit or even the offical ASOIAF forums. And even there it's mostly just the usual suspects complaining. And those are places where you are apt to get the most critical people.

Overall their is an overhwelming positive sentiment from the majority of mainstream outlets and if you check twitter trends the night of and afterwords it was largely positive. The biggest mainstream complaint was the darkness of the episode.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Well, for most of the series progress, after season 5, there were few non books readers who were critical of this show. This episode was very divisive, with people praising or bashing the finale of the Long Night plot. Still, the show is in a situation where even if it gives you a turd disguised as a candy, it will bring tons of viewers and money. I think, only after the end of the series, we will have the whole picture and how fandom will judge the show.
    I think it's too early with half the season left. Right now you have a lot of people with expecations they tied to the battle with the Night King. Many thought it would be the final act of the show so they are dissapointed that it wasn't. Some are upset that it wasn't fulfilling a bunch of theories they had and was pretty straightforward or that there wasn't a deeper meaning to the Night King than what was presented. But realistically we have 3 oversized episodes left and at the end of it we might all say "oh this was the point for this threat ending here"

What if the Night King isnt completely gone? Yes he's dead but what if by killing him, Arya marked herself to become the new NK? Im not sure if thats something we will see play out but her final scene could be of her with blue eyes

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Underwhelming/not what we expected or not...NO ONE can say the episode was poor.
    I mean, it was crazy. Never would have expected to see anything as big and heavy as that from a TV show. Great stuff.

And we still have 3 episodes left. No idea where we go from here.

What if the Night King isnt completely gone? Yes he's dead but what if by killing him, Arya marked herself to become the new NK? Im not sure if thats something we will see play out but her final scene could be of her with blue eyes
    It would fit the bittersweet mentality that they want for their finale. I hope that it's not the end of the White Walkers plot.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

It would fit the bittersweet mentality that they want for their finale. I hope that it's not the end of the White Walkers plot.
    It would be crazy if they defeat the Lannister army only for Jon to see Arya turn into the NK and raise up the dead soldiers as wights for one last battle with him being forced to kill his little sister

It would be crazy if they defeat the Lannister army only for Jon to see Arya turn into the NK and raise up the dead soldiers as wights for one last battle with him being forced to kill his little sister
    Imagine if they did something like that and turning Danny into a mad queen with Jon killing both. But i'm afraid that would be too grandiose and tragic for TV audience.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Imagine if they did something like that and turning Danny into a mad queen with Jon killing both. But i'm afraid that would be too grandiose and tragic for TV audience.
    Jon could barely beat them the first time with the largest living army in Westeros. How is he supposed to beat them again and Dani’s forces with what little he’d have left?