Page 403 of 555 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    That’s barely anything.

If Dani or Jon turn on each because of that, it’ll feel about as satisfying as having Lady Mormont be the one to kill the Night King via ninja leap of death.
    Theres some tension between them. But yea nothing I would worry about yet. Jon has done nothing wrong and Dani might have overreacted in her punishment of some people but shes not the kill innocent people type of person.... yet. Honestly I think they are gonna build up that tension more and more and then one of them is gonna end up dying saving the other.

Dani doesn't have much leverage anymore does she? Looked like almost her entire army was wiped out. I know the 2nd sons are out there still and are probaly gonna make a big entrance in the fight against Cersie. But Dani gonna have less weight to throw around since right now all shes got is a dragon(Someone said the previews showed that Rhagal was still alive too so two dragons). Wouldnt be surprised if Sansa starts trying to throw more weight around now but honestly wish they would all get over it and just decide to figure it out after Cersie is gone.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Theres some tension between them. But yea nothing I would worry about yet. Jon has done nothing wrong and Dani might have overreacted in her punishment of some people but shes not the kill innocent people type of person.... yet. Honestly I think they are gonna build up that tension more and more and then one of them is gonna end up dying saving the other.

Dani doesn't have much leverage anymore does she? Looked like almost her entire army was wiped out. I know the 2nd sons are out there still and are probaly gonna make a big entrance in the fight against Cersie. But Dani gonna have less weight to throw around since right now all shes got is a dragon(Someone said the previews showed that Rhagal was still alive too so two dragons). Wouldnt be surprised if Sansa starts trying to throw more weight around now but honestly wish they would all get over it and just decide to figure it out after Cersie is gone.
    I feel like Sansa spending the entire time underground limits the amount of weight she can throw around. Sure, she didn’t have a Dragon to ride around on but even Joffrey has to make an appearance during the battle of black water to not lose face.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I don't recall D&D saying that the NK could *only* be killed on the spot where he was created... just that it was significant that he was.

Would have been cooler if he'd been killed with the same dagger used to create him. Leaf could have given it to Bran at the Three Eyed Raven's cave, and then he could have given it to Arya.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    GRRM basically said he thinks the show ending will overall be his ending with only some minor differences.
    Well that doesn't bode well. Granted, I've always thought that however GRRM will handle the White Walker invasion, it would be something of a letdown. Either he makes their threat into what is quite possibly the biggest red herring in all of literature (as the show just did) or else he goes full-blown ice zombie apocalypse and ruins the series with a complete shift in tone.

I can see the White Walker threat ending at Winterfell with Jon and the Starks (and maybe Stannis) defeating them and then the rest of Westeros completely not knowing and/or not caring about Jon's victory. But I also think GRRM has enough secondary and minor characters in the books that could die in this conflict that would make it feel more emotional. "The Long Night" failed because by the time the credits rolled, you realized that Plot Armor saved the day more so than any dragon or stealth ninja.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Well that doesn't bode well. Granted, I've always thought that however GRRM will handle the White Walker invasion, it would be something of a letdown. Either he makes their threat into what is quite possibly the biggest red herring in all of literature
    That's the main issue I think everyone has.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 05-01-2019 at 08:36 AM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Dani doesn't have much leverage anymore does she? Looked like almost her entire army was wiped out. I know the 2nd sons are out there still and are probaly gonna make a big entrance in the fight against Cersie. But Dani gonna have less weight to throw around since right now all shes got is a dragon(Someone said the previews showed that Rhagal was still alive too so two dragons).
    I think she has ENOUGH. Not a lot, but enough to still be a threat. Otherwise we're going into plot armor territory with Cersei. Something that was already brought up in this thread. I personally think that's cheap writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I think she has ENOUGH. Not a lot, but enough to still be a threat. Otherwise we're going into plot armor territory with Cersei. Something that was already brought up in this thread. I personally think that's cheap writing.
    The plot armor for Cersei are the dragon killing crossbows and how many she has

no giant crossbows and none of this matters. The dragons annihilate everyone. No way Dany takes the "seige" option now after being portrayed. She will burn Kingslanding to the ground. .
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Retired

Given the super-powers that Arya had in previous episodes, her actions in this episode were guite grounded. She's essentially magic in how she can assume the form of other people, yet she used none of that (as far as was shown). I'm fine with her earning the Night King kill--the last time I was that excited was when Sid the Kid scored the gold medal winning goal.

Let's list some of the most ridiculous fails in the writing of this episode:

Dothraki cavalry charge was initially going to be without dragonglass or fire. Last minute save by Mel, whose time in Volantis was apparently useless/a mystery.

Jaime constantly putting himself down as a fighter after losing a hand, but somehow survives the swarm.

Grey Worm being at the front line of Unsullied and then somehow teleporting to the back to save his own hide and sacrifice like all of his men.

Sansa not motivating or comforting people in the crypts, and then hiding with Tyrion while everyone else down there gets murdered.

The undead in the castle simply faffing about until they see or hear something "alive."

Jon's plot armor apparently absorbing and dispersing kinetic energy a la Black Panther's suit in regards to the one scene where he's about to be mobbed by wights and then when the camera cuts back to him, they come at him one at a time.

Sam regressing to a craven, surviving by just laying on top of a corpse pile, crying.

The lack of Ghost, Lord Royce, and the tons of Wight Giants we saw when the wall collapsed. The lack of heroes having to fight loved ones who became wights. The lack of any of the White Walkers getting involved in the combat.

OMFG this is just bad writing

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I feel like Sansa spending the entire time underground limits the amount of weight she can throw around. Sure, she didn’t have a Dragon to ride around on but even Joffrey has to make an appearance during the battle of black water to not lose face.
    This is true. I hate the way D&D wrote her for this episode. Although Lord Royce was MIA and while we saw Vale footmen, their mounted knights were absent as well (not that I have faith in D&D to pay attention to such details). Maybe Royce is off gathering reinforcements from the Vale or was sent to rally Edmure Tully's forces. If I recall, both Edmure and Robin Arryn were cast for this season.

None of the "political players" came out of this episode looking good. Sansa and Tyrion were cowards, Dany lost her conscience (Jorah) and Jon was as useless as nipples on a breastplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    This is true. I hate the way D&D wrote her for this episode. Although Lord Royce was MIA and while we saw Vale footmen, their mounted knights were absent as well (not that I have faith in D&D to pay attention to such details). Maybe Royce is off gathering reinforcements from the Vale or was sent to rally Edmure Tully's forces. If I recall, both Edmure and Robin Arryn were cast for this season.

None of the "political players" came out of this episode looking good. Sansa and Tyrion were cowards, Dany lost her conscience (Jorah) and Jon was as useless as nipples on a breastplate.
    I mean, Jon did pilot the dragon that ripped wright Dragon's face in half lol

Political players odn't mean crap when it get down to the actual fighting.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Dani doesn't have much leverage anymore does she? Looked like almost her entire army was wiped out. I know the 2nd sons are out there still and are probaly gonna make a big entrance in the fight against Cersie. But Dani gonna have less weight to throw around since right now all shes got is a dragon(Someone said the previews showed that Rhagal was still alive too so two dragons).
    The Second Sons are half a world away. I guess if Gendry sprints to Slaver's Bay, he could have them all at King's Landing by Episode 5.

Where to begin... the plot sucked. The action... everything was so dark, I couldn't see most of it, except Arya action. That I could see. Probably the lighting in those scene was existing.

Jon had no standout scene at all... He didn't even touch the Night King... I was expecting some exciting battle... I wanted to see both Jon and Arya fighting alongside for a bit...

So little Ghost. He disappeared from the entire episode. That's just lazy writing.

I'm not even mad that Arya killed the NK, but Jon didn't even do some real sh!t. All the build up to him against the NK and then nothing.. No payoff at all. We just got shock value because that's what these showrunners like to do.

And Bran... I still don't understand why Bran was so important to the NK... Can someone explain please?

It's a B- I did like some moments, but overall, it was a big letdown to me.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 05-01-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Where to begin... the plot sucked. The action... everything was so dark, I couldn't see most of it, except Arya action. That I could see. Probably the lighting in those scene was existing.

Jon had no standout scene at all... He didn't even touch the Night King... I was expecting some exciting battle... I wanted to see both Jon and Arya fighting alongside for a bit...

So little Ghost. He disappeared from the entire episode. That's just lazy writing.

I'm not even mad that Arya killed the NK, but Jon didn't even do some real sh!t. All the build up to him against the NK and then nothing.. No payoff at all. We just got shock value because that's these showrunners like to do.

And Bran... I still don't understand why Bran was so important to the NK... Can someone explain please?

It's a B- I did like some moments, but overall, it was a big letdown to me.
    You know what, I think they did not plan to have Ghost in this episode when they shot it. Maybe because they didn't know if they had the budget. I think they just added him in post-production. Because literally no one on-screen acknowledges his presence. And they didn't acknowledge his presence in the previous episode either. Seriously, no one has even mentioned Ghost since the beginning of season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You know what, I think they did not plan to have Ghost in this episode when they shot it. Maybe because they didn't know if they had the budget. I think they just added him in post-production. Because literally no one on-screen acknowledges his presence. And they didn't acknowledge his presence in the previous episode either. Seriously, no one has even mentioned Ghost since the beginning of season 7.
    CGI fur is expensive as hell to do right.