Page 407 of 555 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Makes zero sense to me.

No, it wasn't. Arya's arc is about revenge and proving herself in the man's world. Not saving all of humanity.

Anyone who had enough plot armour.
    Arya from the very beginning was training to become a master fighter. The God of Death quote was there in season one. From there she is intimately dealing with the concept of facing death in all it’s forms. It’s very fitting that the girl who trained to become the best fighter and understood death on a level no other character has, was the one to slay a literal personification of death

Makes zero sense to me.

No, it wasn't. Arya's arc is about revenge and proving herself in the man's world. Not saving all of humanity.

This. Revenge against those who killed her family. She should have killed Cersei not the NK. The NK was Jon's.. with the help of Dany and her army and dragons. "We will destroy the NK together."

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Arya from the very beginning was training to become a master fighter. The God of Death quote was there in season one. From there she is intimately dealing with the concept of facing death in all it’s forms. It’s very fitting that the girl who trained to become the best fighter and understood death on a level no other character has, was the one to slay a literal personification of death
    Jon doesn't understand death?? He literally died.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    This. Revenge against those who killed her family. She should have killed Cersei not the NK. The NK was Jon's.. with the help of Dany and her army and dragons. "We will destroy the NK together."

Jon doesn't understand death?? He literally died.
    He didn’t say Jon didn’t understand death

She understands death better than the guys who literally came back from the dead.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Makes zero sense to me.

Proving herself in the man's world? Just because she's a female character doesn't mean she is proving some kind of point. There was a tiny bit of that in the begining when she was little Arya Stark who wanted to learn to use a sword and was told she shouldn't, but that was never who or what the character was.

She has long moved on from that.

As for revenge? She kills the Night's King within the gates of her ancestral home. There is no better win.

She has spent years training to be the best KILLER. Not best swordsman, or fighter, but the best killer. A faceless assassin who decides that she does want her face after all and does want to fight beside her brother and sister.

I'm not big on the Night's King and his lack of interesting motivation, but I felt that Arya delivering that final blow was very cathartic for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He didn’t say Jon didn’t understand death
    it's an implication.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Proving herself in the man's world? Just because she's a female character doesn't mean she is proving some kind of point. There was a tiny bit of that in the begining when she was little Arya Stark who wanted to learn to use a sword and was told she shouldn't, but that was never who or what the character was.

She has long moved on from that.

As for revenge? She kills the Night's King within the gates of her ancestral home. There is no better win.

She has spent years training to be the best KILLER. Not best swordsman, or fighter, but the best killer. A faceless assassin who decides that she does want her face after all and does want to fight beside her brother and sister.

I'm not big on the Night's King and his lack of interesting motivation, but I felt that Arya delivering that final blow was very cathartic for the character.
    I don't think so. It would be far more cathartic if she killed Cersei. Much more.

Extraordinary Member

She understands death better than the guys who literally came back from the dead.
    Yes because every single one of them said they felt nothing and were brought back. Jon specifically moves right the hell on afterwards and didn’t even want to talk about it. Arya has spent the entire show talking about death and the components of it with characters.

Jon understand what he felt. Arya spent the whole show internalizing it and dissecting it and learning about it. I really can’t even believe people watched this show and felt it was debatable .

Just like I honestly can’t believe that people can look at EVERYTHING Jon did and think it was irrelevant because another character got the final kill

Extraordinary Member

it's an implication.

I don't think so. It would be far more cathartic if she killed Cersei. Much more.
    She killer Walder (the man who killed her family), Baelish (the man who betrayed her family, the Night King (the personification of the subject she has been obsessed with all show). She doesn’t need another big kill.

Cersei should go by Jamie’s sword. He really has no reason to exist besides that.

Ultimate Member

Yes Jamie should be the one to kill Cersei. That makes BY FAR the most sense.

Spectacular Member

it's an implication.

Yeah, definitely. She’s wanted Cersei’s death for so long whereas she only became aware of the NK not too long ago. But I agree with some of the others, Jamie should be the one and the most poetic.

While Game of Thrones is known for its surprises, I felt each of the big shockers, looking back you can see that the pieces were always set for those outcomes. Whereas with the Anaya killing the NK, the directors admitted that her killing the Night King was only thought of a few seasons ago, and appears to be done to throw off the audience, which I feel is different from past surprises. So, a big portion of the audience just doesn’t feel it as earned. And now it’s got people trying to retroactively find clues of Araya being the one meant to kill the NK, but that’s almost meaningless cause that wasn’t their intention till just a few seasons ago.

Some can say that they are okay with Anaya killing the NK, but you can’t deny that a large portion of the audience was disappointed with the episode and it’s outcome. And I don’t think that’s what they were going for.
    Last edited by soccerguy951; 05-03-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yes Jamie should be the one to kill Cersei. That makes BY FAR the most sense.
    why?

I don't mind it, it's very tragic, but why besides that?

why?

Its highly predictable. Id be high if Cersei doesnt die. Seems too easy for her anyway. A fitting end would be imprisoned or exiled, having lost everything she's worked so hard to keep. Or her side ends up winning and she remains queen. Id be fine with either scenario

Extraordinary Member

why?

-Cersei’s prophecy is that a valonqar would kill her. That translates to little brother. Tyrion is the obvious choice but Jamie as a twin was after Cersei so he fits the bill.

-Jamie’s true flaw is his devotion and love of Cersei. That was elaborated on last season with Olenna. His final redemption is turning from her.

-Jamie killed the Mad King at great personal cost. He will do the same to the Mad Queen.

-Cersei has the same affinity for wildfire as the Mad King. That terrified Jamie.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if Jamie dies with Cersei. He stabs her just as she kisses him with the poison lipstick thing used to kill her daughter.

Yes because every single one of them said they felt nothing and were brought back. Jon specifically moves right the hell on afterwards and didn’t even want to talk about it. Arya has spent the entire show talking about death and the components of it with characters.

Jon understand what he felt. Arya spent the whole show internalizing it and dissecting it and learning about it. I really can’t even believe people watched this show and felt it was debatable .

Just like I honestly can’t believe that people can look at EVERYTHING Jon did and think it was irrelevant because another character got the final kill
    What the what?!