Page 41 of 555 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Stannis took a small loan,just enough to re-hire Salador Saan's ships and move most of his host's power(4000 men,probably leaving some small garrisons in Storm's End and Dragonstone).Still,Stannis has a small army and he moved it all to save the realm.
    I took it Donald meant the Wildlings. How cool would that be?

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    The commentary that the writers (Benioff and Weiss?) do after each episode stated that Arya's act of leaving The Hound to die slowly and painfully against his wishes was her final revenge against him.

I thought the eyes of both actors in that scene were spot on-Arya's eyes looked dead and the Hound's eyes expression really looked like a begging puppy-dog. It'll be interesting if his character ever shows up again.
    I stand corrected. Still, a well done scene even if I didn't like the outcome of the apparent end of the Hound.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the_coldest_sun View Post
    I took it Donald meant the Wildlings. How cool would that be?
    Correct. Stannis could strike a bargain to take X number of Wildings somewhere beyond the wall for X number of Wildling soldiers after they stop the White Walkers. If it were me, I'd drop a number of Wildings in the Iron Isle and tell them they can live there if they can conquer it. Are the Wildings trying to get south just because of the coming Winter or because of the Walkers?

Keep in mind, the Hound killed the wounded old man at the farm to put him out of his misery. Mercy killing isn't totally out of character for him, although I think that's was a new facet of his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Are the Wildings trying to get south just because of the coming Winter or because of the Walkers?
    Im pretty sure Mance mentioned both

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post

Keep in mind, the Hound killed the wounded old man at the farm to put him out of his misery. Mercy killing isn't totally out of character for him, although I think that's was a new facet of his personality.
    He didn't kill him. He ooverpowered and robbed him because he expected him to be killed and robbed by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    He didn't kill him. He ooverpowered and robbed him because he expected him to be killed and robbed by someone else.
    You guys are talking about two different encounters Just so you know.
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Donald was talking about a different farmer, there were two of them. Unrelated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W. View Post
    Simultaneous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Donald was talking about a different farmer, there were two of them. Unrelated.
    Okay in that case, I'm drawing a blank on the encounter he's referring to.

The 1st was a farmer and his daughter. Remember they made the rabbit stew that Sandor and Arya just swallowed. The farmer offered Sandor pay, room, and board in exchange for silver. In the morning, Sandor kicked his ass, took the silver, and left. Arya protested, and Sandor gave the speech "He's already dead. He can't protect himself or his daughter. He's weak. And the weak die."

The 2nd was either a farmer or soldier. They encountered him while traveling. Arya mercy killed him. And then Sandor got jumped by 2 idiots. 1 was unarmed (he went first, where is even more stupid) and bit Sandor in the neck. The other was one of the 3 in the cages going up to the North with Yoten. 1 of the 3 in the cage with Ja'qen. The other 2 joined up with Tywin's army, and now just are raiding in the Riverlands by themselves. The ugly guy stays back (with his sword, letting the unarmed guy go after Sandor first), Arya recognizes him, they exchange words, she stabs him.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Well, shortly after Joffreys' death, he did, from that man offering a job and a roof over the head, and Arya chastised him for it.

So, whatever about some sort of code, he definitely did steal, for survival, conveniance or whatever.
    Technically he robbed the man. Sandor never stole anything. He always robbed. Or took from the dead (that he usually killed first).

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    The 1st was a farmer and his daughter. Remember they made the rabbit stew that Sandor and Arya just swallowed. The farmer offered Sandor pay, room, and board in exchange for silver. In the morning, Sandor kicked his ass, took the silver, and left. Arya protested, and Sandor gave the speech "He's already dead. He can't protect himself or his daughter. He's weak. And the weak die."

The 2nd was either a farmer or soldier. They encountered him while traveling. Arya mercy killed him. And then Sandor got jumped by 2 idiots. 1 was unarmed (he went first, where is even more stupid) and bit Sandor in the neck. The other was one of the 3 in the cages going up to the North with Yoten. 1 of the 3 in the cage with Ja'qen. The other 2 joined up with Tywin's army, and now just are raiding in the Riverlands by themselves. The ugly guy stays back (with his sword, letting the unarmed guy go after Sandor first), Arya recognizes him, they exchange words, she stabs him.
    Right, I remember now. I didn't realize he was a farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by longshot3 View Post
    Im pretty sure Mance mentioned both
    Winter is the walkers. Its the same thing. Sur eits gonna get cold but do you really think the wildlings will notice the difference?

BANNED

Arya mercy killed him. And then Sandor got jumped by 2 idiots. 1 was unarmed (he went first, where is even more stupid) and bit Sandor in the neck. The other was one of the 3 in the cages going up to the North with Yoten. 1 of the 3 in the cage with Ja'qen. The other 2 joined up with Tywin's army, and now just are raiding in the Riverlands by themselves. The ugly guy stays back (with his sword, letting the unarmed guy go after Sandor first), Arya recognizes him, they exchange words, she stabs him.
    it was sandor that mercy killed him

Technically he robbed the man. Sandor never stole anything. He always robbed. Or took from the dead (that he usually killed first).
    Okay, I'm not sure what the difference is, but I wouldn't say it puts Sandor, The Hound in high moral standing. Also, thanks everyone for the repeated use, sincerely now, of Sandor, as I couldn't remember that was The Hounds' true name, and I frustratingly enough still remembered Podrick saying it to Brienne in The Children.