Page 420 of 555 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    We can all agree that Jamie gets killed by either cersei or Brianne , right? Like, it’s gotta be one of those 2 who puts him down.
    Jamie kills Cersei and either the Mountain kills him.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's honestly a terrible strategy. Dany is at risk of losing this entire war simply because she has a weakened force and is marching on the capital where she has to either siege it or destroy it and one bolt to Drogon could effectively cost her the entire thing outright.

Cersie's army isn't big either. She has half the Iron Islands fleet and the Golden Company who are effectively sellswords. I don't care how good at planning Cersei is. She cannot win a long form war like this. Dorne will never support her and Aegon WITH dragons couldn't take Dorne. Cersei is too weak to ever take Dorne. Cersei also cannot take the North in the middle of winter. That only happened once in history because Torrhen Stark didn't want to face dragons. So you have the Soutern most and Norther most regions as just completely untakeable and Cersei can never win them back for years and they both declared for Dany.

Cersei can't take the North, but she can beat their army in a siege right here. That's a huge disadvantage not using the Siberia of the the fantasy world to your benefit. A long war works to Dany's benefit because most of the country is against Cersei and she is not capable of taking the realm back by force anymore. She can't split her army anymore.

This is her best move. Make a weakned Jon/Dany alliance come to her and try to break into her city with all her forces concentrated there
    Dany doesn’t have to break into the city to win. All they need to do is kill all the supply lines and simply wait for them to run out of resources.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Dany doesn’t have to break into the city to win. All they need to do is kill all the supply lines and simply wait for them to run out of resources.
    It's still a terrible move because all it does is take Dany's entire army and put it in a position against Cersei's army, which is the only chance Cersei has of a victory right now. Especially since Cersei could very easily decide to advance an attack to force them into fighting. Also Cersei will legitimately let her citizens starve to death to make Dany the bad guy who is preventing them from nourishment.

King's Landing is ultimately a completely arbitrary city in the grand scheme of things. It's like if one person held Washington DC and someone else had the ability to take the rest of the country and claim dominion over it. At that point the White House becomes meaningless if nobody is working with it. Dany has the North, Vale, Dorne, and Iron Islands. She already controls more of Westeros than Cersei. Cersie is completely shut in at King's Landing. Just take back the rest of the Kingdom and make her come to you on your turf (which would be everything) and watch her army fall apart.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

It's still a terrible move because all it does is take Dany's entire army and put it in a position against Cersei's army, which is the only chance Cersei has of a victory right now. Especially since Cersei could very easily decide to advance an attack to force them into fighting. Also Cersei will legitimately let her citizens starve to death to make Dany the bad guy who is preventing them from nourishment.

King's Landing is ultimately a completely arbitrary city in the grand scheme of things. It's like if one person held Washington DC and someone else had the ability to take the rest of the country and claim dominion over it. At that point the White House becomes meaningless if nobody is working with it. Dany has the North, Vale, Dorne, and Iron Islands. She already controls more of Westeros than Cersei. Cersie is completely shut in at King's Landing. Just take back the rest of the Kingdom and make her come to you on your turf (which would be everything) and watch her army fall apart.

Yeah, that's a good point actually.

Mighty Member

Anyways.... Jon's going to die. He's leaving behind his direwolf, his family, and his last friend in the Night's Watch to ride South just like his adopted father who did the same many years ago and fell in the North.
    Actually, Jon sending Ghost north is the first sign all season that makes me think he might actually live.

Both the Starks and Dany are tied to their animals metaphorically. Rhaegal dies in this very episode because Dany is being metaphorically cut off, isolated. She, embodied by Drogon, is now alone in the sky and surrounded by enemies with the few people she could genuinely count (in her mind) dead. She is the last Dragon, and it's causing her to act increasingly irrationally.

The Starks and their direwolves have had the same kind of bond throughout the series. Nymeria being cast off, alone, away from her family just as Arya was. Lady representing Sansa, who would be a pawn of Joffrey and Cersei, to be tortured or killed on a whim whether it was just or not. Rob's wolf (whose name eludes me at the moment) a great warrior, until he was trapped in a locked room and butchered just as Rob met the same fate.

Even Summer, Bran's wolf. Who dies protecting Bran from the Night King when they are fleeing from the Three Eyed Raven's tree. Summer's death represents Bran leaving behind Bran Stark to embrace the Raven. And, of course, ravens are now Bran's signature animal instead.

So Ghost being north of the Wall, combined with Tormund's farewell (You have the North in you. The TRUE North.) may be a clue to Jon's fate. I think he's going to end up surviving, but going North to live with the Free Folk away from kings and lords and all the madness that comes with both. Of course, it could also just be metaphor again. That Jon isn't a person for thrones. Or for kneeling.

Either way, this is the first time all season I've genuinely believed Jon might live. It may still be a long shot, but it's now possible.

Gendry confessing his love to Arya and proposing marriage. WTF?!? He had a one night stand with her years after knowing her as a kid. I wish the show had not put that scene in as it made no sense and made him look foolish

This episode... Ugh.

-Jaime and Brienne screams fanfiction to me. Sorry.
    -The amount of plot armour Cersei and Euron are getting is beyond ridiculous at this point.
    -That's how Raeghal dies?! Really?!
    -Dany could've easily burned Euron's fleet to smithereens but of course she didn't.
    -God Sansa, you can't even keep your word for a few hours?
    -How the hell did they capture Missandei?
    -"You[Cersei] are not a monster." What did you think was going to happen, Tyrion? Can you believe this guy used to be one of the smartest characters around?
    -Shouldn't Euron figure out that the kid isn't his, because Tyrion knows about it?

I laughed out loud when the first scorpion bolt struck Rhaegal in the chest. I laughed as a direct result of how terrible and predictable this writing has become.

How the hell is Euron Greyjoy's back not broken from carrying Team Cersei for two whole seasons? Does anyone have faith in the writers allowing Euron to put 2 and 2 together about Cersei's baby? Because Tyrion just unknowingly blew apart Cersei's lie.

Varys found his balls, while Jaime was castrated by poor writing.

All the characters seem to be headed exactly where I thought they would: Jon is becoming stupid Ned Stark. Dany is becoming Mad Queen. Sansa is plotting to outdo (and outlive) all the idiots. Bran continues to be completely effing useless. Tyrion at least faces the possibility of betrayal.

I'm calling the final shot now: Tormund and the Wildlings north of the Wall, resettling the land...Tormund is decapitated by a (new?) White Walker.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

I really thought Tyerion was dead for a minute there. And yea seems like Jon is either gonna be king or die. If Danni gets over herself there is no way she doesnt see ge would be a way better king. Because like Varys said he doesnt want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I laughed out loud when the first scorpion bolt struck Rhaegal in the chest. I laughed as a direct result of how terrible and predictable this writing has become.

How the hell is Euron Greyjoy's back not broken from carrying Team Cersei for two whole seasons? Does anyone have faith in the writers allowing Euron to put 2 and 2 together about Cersei's baby? Because Tyrion just unknowingly blew apart Cersei's lie.

Varys found his balls, while Jaime was castrated by poor writing.

All the characters seem to be headed exactly where I thought they would: Jon is becoming stupid Ned Stark. Dany is becoming Mad Queen. Sansa is plotting to outdo (and outlive) all the idiots. Bran continues to be completely effing useless. Tyrion at least faces the possibility of betrayal.

I'm calling the final shot now: Tormund and the Wildlings north of the Wall, resettling the land...Tormund is decapitated by a (new?) White Walker.
    I hope so but Euron might be an idiot so I dont know. Also he might care more about the status then the baby really being his

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I don't think Dany is acting irrational at all. She has every right to be pissed and want to wipe Cersei away. Jon telling Sansa and Arya was kinda weird. He doesn't strike me as the type to care to explain stuff, he might tell Davos but that's about it.

I think taking King's Landing is pointless, but whatever. Dany should just focus on securing the rest of the land around it. Let the people revolt and then come to their aid. Plot Armor Man and his pirate fleet seem too powerful right now, just wait it out...
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-06-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -They just crapped away all of Jamie's character development.
    -How the heck did they "take" Missandei.
    -Euron has taken Ramsay's place as the "villain sue" of this show.
    -Everyone is a moron on the "hero's" side.
    -This dialogue is awful.
    -Etc.

THIS episode is far worse than the last one.

actually, I think this kind of on GRRM. even in the books I think he realized that he wrote the "good guys" into a corner and came up with the depleted lannister gold mines late in the game and introduced the iron bank to even the chances...

on the episode, patch notes didn´t mention dragon nerf, ship mounted ballista imba/op *rage* QQ

ah the irony. last episode, they held the dragons back, so the NK could not snipe them. now exactly that happens. atleast the NK had magic ice javelins. atleast euron won´t use the dead dragon against them.
    maybe that happens in the books with the magic horn he has got there.

i didn´t like the bronn part. he is not a faceless man, gdmit. call the guards, chop his head off.

so the leaks are correct. i notice they don´t mention arya... jon dying mysteriously goes well with my personal "he is on borrowed time"-theory after his resurrection. i don´t seem him going north and have good times with tormund and ghost in the shadow of the wall´ s remains.
    Last edited by abulafia; 05-06-2019 at 03:44 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Tyrion sent Marcella to Dorne so he would feel guilty about that. Tommen though I don't see anything he did to cause.
    cersci massivly guilted him on both childrens deaths. paraphrasing it was something like, killing tywin was leaving her and the children open to their enemies

edit
    Tyrion sent Myrcella to Dorne. Tyrion killed Tywin, who was the real strength of House Lannister. Once Tywin died the Dornish people felt embolded to threaten Myrcella and the Ellaria and the Sandsnakes struck. Meanwhile, without Tywin the Sparrows were allowed to gain control of King's Landing (Tywin would have crushed them) and the Tyrell's were able to manipulate Tommen. Cersei had to take drastic action to put out that fire. The stress of that is what did Tommen in.

If Tywin was alive the Dornish would have had literal hell to pay for threatening Myrcella and Tommen would have been strictly under Tywin's control.

Tyrion knows this. Cersei knows this. Tyrion said last season he felt terrible for his part in that.
    you said it much better. cheers
    Last edited by abulafia; 05-06-2019 at 03:02 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Dany can literally consolidate power with Dorne. Retake the Riverlands for Edmure Tully and that base of power up. Use Gendry to control Stormsend and make the Stormlands another base for her. Support Yara on the Iron Islands and mount a stronhold there that Euron can't take back (and the North could also help defend that). She can literally consolidate control of the entire Seven Kingdoms and name herself Queen and all Cersei will have is King's Landing, which is symbolic but in reality is just a rundown shithole of a city anyways. And it's worse for Cersei if she has to split the Golden Company fighting 7 wars.

However, Dany just made it so that all she has to do is win one small siege war.
    you forgot about the reach. i am kinda bummed that gendry gets the stormland and poor sam is not rewarded
    maybe it is because they had to pull highgarden out of their a** for the bronn twist

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Actually, Jon sending Ghost north is the first sign all season that makes me think he might actually live.

Both the Starks and Dany are tied to their animals metaphorically. Rhaegal dies in this very episode because Dany is being metaphorically cut off, isolated. She, embodied by Drogon, is now alone in the sky and surrounded by enemies with the few people she could genuinely count (in her mind) dead. She is the last Dragon, and it's causing her to act increasingly irrationally.

The Starks and their direwolves have had the same kind of bond throughout the series. Nymeria being cast off, alone, away from her family just as Arya was. Lady representing Sansa, who would be a pawn of Joffrey and Cersei, to be tortured or killed on a whim whether it was just or not. Rob's wolf (whose name eludes me at the moment) a great warrior, until he was trapped in a locked room and butchered just as Rob met the same fate.

Even Summer, Bran's wolf. Who dies protecting Bran from the Night King when they are fleeing from the Three Eyed Raven's tree. Summer's death represents Bran leaving behind Bran Stark to embrace the Raven. And, of course, ravens are now Bran's signature animal instead.

So Ghost being north of the Wall, combined with Tormund's farewell (You have the North in you. The TRUE North.) may be a clue to Jon's fate. I think he's going to end up surviving, but going North to live with the Free Folk away from kings and lords and all the madness that comes with both. Of course, it could also just be metaphor again. That Jon isn't a person for thrones. Or for kneeling.

Either way, this is the first time all season I've genuinely believed Jon might live. It may still be a long shot, but it's now possible.
    but ... sansa is still alive... and if she doesn´t teleport south, what should kill her?
    i think tormund and ghost are carrying the torch of the true north. jon may still be dead in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Gendry confessing his love to Arya and proposing marriage. WTF?!? He had a one night stand with her years after knowing her as a kid. I wish the show had not put that scene in as it made no sense and made him look foolish
    i think that was well within his character as it was established during their time in the riverlands. when they parted, he said something like "you´d be my lady". now that he is a lord, it actually becomes an option. but now she turns him down... ofc he knows nothing. about her
    Last edited by abulafia; 05-06-2019 at 04:22 AM.

Damn, that one tary dude really took over everything with 3 dragons and only 1500 men eh?

Dragons being built up as unstoppable WMD and... killed that easily eh?

Okey dokey.

Anyway, I think Jon ends up reforming the nightwatch or some ****. Wouldn't he be the 1000th commander? Sounds poetic
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html