Page 424 of 555 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Marriage was the obvious option PRIOR to Jons revelation. But now that Jon has a stronger claim to the throne, I think that's basically out the window. Dany fears that people will push for Jon to supercede her... and those fears are apparently justified as pretty much every single person that knows Jons secret at this point pretty much thinks Jon should be the ruler of Dany. Even Tyrion believes that, despite arguing to the contrary.

And the worse things get, the more support Jon will likely get because frankly Dany way of doing things is going to end up a massacre. Not that I entirely fault Dany given the circumstances... but it'll make Jon seem more and more the better option.
    There marriage really wouldn't work anyway because Dany is barren.

Jon needs to produce an heir at this point.

Hell... Gendry is probably 3rd in line right now right?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ahh, yeah that's also a distinct possibility.

I'm also guessing Brienne will be preggers so we get confirmation the "direct" Lannister name, meaning kin of any of the meaningful players with the name, will live on (considering we never find out one way or another if Tyrion ever has a family).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You would think, after the success for season 1 or 2 aka "this isnt a fluke," Everyone would have sat down and figured out exactly how many seasons they were gonna have and how many episodes and had things mapped out.

Instead of relying on Euron to teleport and trim off loose ends
    I think part of the problem might have been waiting for the books to try and catch up so that there would be a degree of synergy. At some point the show decided to just do it's own thing COMPLETELY independent of the book, but for awhile in the early seasons I think they were making at least an effort at trying to sync them up as much as possible and that probably made it a bit tougher to map things out as well as they would have liked.

Plus HBO was probably pushing to squeeze out as many seasons as possible out of them.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-06-2019 at 08:32 AM.

BANNED

Marriage was the obvious option PRIOR to Jons revelation. But now that Jon has a stronger claim to the throne, I think that's basically out the window. Dany fears that people will push for Jon to supercede her... and those fears are apparently justified as pretty much every single person that knows Jons secret at this point pretty much thinks Jon should be the ruler of Dany. Even Tyrion believes that, despite arguing to the contrary.

And the worse things get, the more support Jon will likely get because frankly Dany way of doing things is going to end up a massacre. Not that I entirely fault Dany given the circumstances... but it'll make Jon seem more and more the better option.
    Jon is a terrible leader though, sure he's very brave and honorable and inspires loyalty from people, but he's also got terrible judgment and goes out of his way to avoid upsetting anyone, which leaves him indecisive at the worst of times. Right now, he can't even decide whether he wants to be king or not, because he neither wants to piss off Dany nor the Starks, and is trying to find some impossible middle ground between the two, how can you trust a guy like that to actually rule?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I personally think David Simon, was kinda restrained actually. He down played the institutional racism of the drug war and general shoddy policing, and just blamed everything on Hanlon's Razor. A typical white liberal deflection imo. But otherwise I thought the show was rock solid.
    That's just typical with police dramas, I'm just use to it.

I also find that the idea of mapping everything out is easier said than done. I mean, if it was so easy it'd happen way more often than it does. But its the other way around. Far more often than not these types of shows have some form of rushed ending. The only one I can think of off the bat that didn't really suffer from this was Breaking Bad. But I think there's internal reasons, unforseen events, complications and the like, that just more often than not prevent the most satisfactory of endings for these shows independent of simply bad writing. Again I base this off the pure regularity of which we see this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

There marriage really wouldn't work anyway because Dany is barren.

Jon needs to produce an heir at this point.

Hell... Gendry is probably 3rd in line right now right?
    People theorized that Dani wasn't barren. But I guess they would need that red herring cause people would have stopped being invested in Dani a long time ago for this very reason.

Extraordinary Member

You would think, after the success for season 1 or 2 aka "this isnt a fluke," Everyone would have sat down and figured out exactly how many seasons they were gonna have and how many episodes and had things mapped out.

Instead of relying on Euron to teleport and trim off loose ends
    Hard to do that when the writer can’t even figure out how he’s going to finish the book

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't buy that all of these shows and writers were just dumb and incapable of writing an ending.
    I don't either, there's a lot of politics at play too. Which is why I never dogpiled Zack Snyder.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 05-06-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Nothing changes the fact going 3/3 on a dragon in the air from a boat is borderline insanity lol

Rheagal isn’t a mature dragon. Realistically (Spoilers) in the book Euron has a magic dragon horn that I figure will factor in

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Hard to do that when the writer can’t even figure out how he’s going to finish the book
    Valid point.

Still curious why dude ddn't just spell everything out for HBO, take the check, and move on. It is obvious at this point he is going to die before he finishes the series.

guess he had faith in himself or soething

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Rheagal isn’t a mature dragon. Realistically (Spoilers) in the book Euron has a magic dragon horn that I figure will factor in
    I believe people in the show have said they are mature/fully grown

Yeah, i've run wiki stuff on Book Euron.

wish they had time for something more like book Euron. Dragon horn sounds much more cool than crossbow with magic aim lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-06-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    That's because there isn't really anyone to root for at this stage of the show, which has spent close to eight seasons hammering home the idea that trying to be a good and decent person just makes you weak and stupid. In the last episode pretty much all the supposed good guys turned into high school drama queens, even as Cersei was still sitting on the throne and wrecking their forces. Joint rule happened quite a bit in history and usually turned out to be pretty successful, such as with Ferdinand and Isabella (who were second cousins), or William and Mary (first cousins).
    While it's true that since Neds death, the notion of being a good honorable person is arguably a handicap, I think Jon has done a descent job proving to be the exception. Not that Jon hasn't done some stupid things here and there... but for him everything for the most part does seem to work out. Plus, with all due respect, I don't think the idea was that Jon was ever the smartest guy in the room.

While it's true that since Neds death, the notion of being a good honorable person is arguably a handicap, I think Jon has done a descent job proving to be the exception. Not that Jon hasn't done some stupid things here and there... but for him everything for the most part does seem to work out. Plus, with all due respect, I don't think the idea was that Jon was ever the smartest guy in the room.
    He's an honorable brave fool lol

Dude isn't about that "game" life. Just like honorable brave idiot Ned

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Jon is a terrible leader though, sure he's very brave and honorable and inspires loyalty from people, but he's also got terrible judgment and goes out of his way to avoid upsetting anyone, which leaves him indecisive at the worst of times. Right now, he can't even decide whether he wants to be king or not, because he neither wants to piss off Dany nor the Starks, and is trying to find some impossible middle ground between the two, how can you trust a guy like that to actually rule?
    I wouldn't say he's a TERRIBLE leader... but certainly I agree he's not the best. And I don't think he was ever supposed to be shown as some sort of political or even militarily brilliant person. He's a leader that needs smarter people around him because he's not the smartest guy in the room. But he is a guy you can trust, and someone that genuinely cares for his subjects... and even if he's not flat out brilliant he's not a complete moron either. For a lot of people in Westeros, I think that sounds pretty good.

I disagree about Jon not knowing whether or not he wants to be king. I absolutely believe he does not want the job. A point in time may come where he NEEDS to take the job, but that's out of need rather than out of want.