Page 428 of 555 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, Bran is ridiculously powerful at this point. He could have Cersi killed any number of ways if he really wanted too. I frankly think that's why he almost has to sit out the rest of the story. Cersi can counter dragons, but not necessarily Bran. Heck she doesn't even know she needs to counter Bran.

I do wonder if he'll warg into Jamie or even Cersi herself, and send her out the nearest window at some point.
    Or Arya could easily kill her at this point.

The power in the north/Dany was just so high that the show as resulted in ignoring part of it or simply coming up with contrived ways to even the odds.

Which would be fine if they had more episodes to do it if it wasn't so rushed

Oh well, at least make this next fight not in the dark please and I'll be fine with it lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Or Arya could easily kill her at this point.

The power in the north/Dany was just so high that the show as resulted in ignoring part of it or simply coming up with contrived ways to even the odds.

Which would be fine if they had more episodes to do it if it wasn't so rushed

Oh well, at least make this next fight not in the dark please and I'll be fine with it lol
    Like a LOT of people, I though Arya killing Cersi was a strong possibility (perhaps using Jamie or Tyrions face). But now I would almost think it's unfair that she be allowed to kill BOTH Cersi and the Night King. It would almost be like everyone else in the show was just there as a distraction to allow Arya to do the work or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Anyone else change their mind on Cleganebowl?

I'm team "let Greyworm F the mountain up" now
    The Mountain has been dead for three years now. His corpse is just an extension of Cersei now. Might as well hate on a sword.

Ultimate Member

1. So Euron Greyjoy has taken Ramsay Bolton's place as the "invincible villain" who can go anywhere and do anything that the plot demands, ugh.

2. Could we have at least SEEN how Missandei got caught show, was that too much to ask?

3. Most of our "heroes" are careless morons it would seem.

4. Jon abandoning Ghost, NOT COOL SHOW!!!!

5. Doing all this buildup to Arya and Sansa finding out that Jon is a Targ, and then they CUT AWAY from showing their reactions, WTF? I mean it's not quite "cutting away from showing Luke Skywalker's reaction to finding out that Han Solo is dead) levels of bad, but it's still really bad.

6. Unless Jamie is going to try and kill Cersei or something, they just flushed his entire character arc right down the toilet, ugh.

7. So we're really doing the "Sansa had to be raped in order to become strong" idea are we show (facepalm).

8. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    7. So we're really doing the "Sansa had to be raped in order to become strong" idea are we show (facepalm).
    No they arent. There was ALOT more that happened with her ovevr the course of 6 seasons than just get rape. She wouldnt have been the strong woman she is today had she not lived that life. She was a spoiled selfish little girl at the start of the series and if continued down the path she was raised for, she'd have ended up being completely different than she is now

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Having Arya become a master Assassin just to kill Cersei would’ve been a let down imo. At some point she would’ve had to face somebody worth that level of training but I don’t know who else it could’ve been.

1. So Euron Greyjoy has taken Ramsay Bolton's place as the "invincible villain" who can go anywhere and do anything that the plot demands, ugh.

2. Could we have at least SEEN how Missandei got caught show, was that too much to ask?

3. Most of our "heroes" are careless morons it would seem.

4. Jon abandoning Ghost, NOT COOL SHOW!!!!

5. Doing all this buildup to Arya and Sansa finding out that Jon is a Targ, and then they CUT AWAY from showing their reactions, WTF? I mean it's not quite "cutting away from showing Luke Skywalker's reaction to finding out that Han Solo is dead) levels of bad, but it's still really bad.

6. Unless Jamie is going to try and kill Cersei or something, they just flushed his entire character arc right down the toilet, ugh.

8. Etc.
    I'm actually kind of glad that Ghost is left with the free folk. Everytime there's a battle I'm afraid that Ghost is gonna get killed... now at least I'm reasonably sure Ghost will be happy and okay. Who knows if Jon will even make it out of Kings Landing alive... Sansa mentioned male members of her family don't do all that well there. So Ghost at least will be taken care of and fine, at east as far as we know. Would have liked a bit more out of their good guy though.

As far as Jamie goes... I think that whole prophecy thing means there's at least a 50/50 shot that Jamie kills Cersi. I'd actually he's more likely than Tyrion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No they arent. There was ALOT more that happened with her ovevr the course of 6 seasons than just get rape. She wouldnt have been the strong woman she is today had she not lived that life. She was a spoiled selfish little girl at the start of the series and if continued down the path she was raised for, she'd have ended up being completely different than she is now
    No, they didn't convey that at all during that conversation. Also for a show that's supposed to be "subversive" it's been pretty cliché with Sansa much of the time and this was more of the same imo.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm sure Arya has somebody important left to kill... but not Cersei. If she did that she would be inarguably the main protagonist of the series, all of a sudden, and that would be a massive ass-pull.

My entry in the betting pool: Jamie kills Cersei, the Hound kills the Mountain, Arya kills Euron, Qyburn tries to bargain for his life but gets executed on the spot by Grey Worm. (Because Jon is dead by then.)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Arya kills Euron,
    I agree with this one. He's important enough that Arya killing him would be a big deal, but minor enough that him being dead a little early wouldn't affect the meat of the drama.

Retired

Having been on the gun crew when I was in the navy, I find that those scorpions didn't work according to Newtonian physics. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The force that a scorpion would need to send a large arrow forward would also knock it back. Which is why cannons would roll back on the old wooden ships. You'd also have to do some quick math every time you were redirecting the arrows to hit a target from a different angle. It's not just stick 'em with the pointy end.

Whoever started the Clegane Bowl meme was awfully persuasive. Why did fans glom onto calling it a Bowl--why not the Clegane Cup, Clegane Match, Clegane Game? The Bowl sounds very American football--why would fans around the world apply an Amercian metaphor to British sounding characters? It's one of those memes that's always bugged me.

I've hated Sansa and Cersei from the very first episode, so I would much rather anyone but those two ended up alive at the end. Ideally no one should win the throne--it should either end in anarchy or with the establishment of a new system of government, such as a council of state.

It doesn't make sense that they gave plot armour to Sam, Gilly, Tormund and Ghost in the Battle of Winterfell only to have them all leave in the next episode without doing anything. If they were kept alive, they should have been kept alive for a reason--so they all need to come back for one last scene. Maybe they got rid of Ghost to save money, but why give him those scenes and not have him do anything of note?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Having Arya become a master Assassin just to kill Cersei would’ve been a let down imo. At some point she would’ve had to face somebody worth that level of training but I don’t know who else it could’ve been.
    She's been at hte top of her list though.

Makes more sense than the NK

Plus we could have seen the skills she developed instead of a lunge from no where knife flip ****

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm sure Arya has somebody important left to kill... but not Cersei. If she did that she would be inarguably the main protagonist of the series, all of a sudden, and that would be a massive ass-pull.

My entry in the betting pool: Jamie kills Cersei, the Hound kills the Mountain, Arya kills Euron, Qyburn tries to bargain for his life but gets executed on the spot by Grey Worm. (Because Jon is dead by then.)
    Jamie killing Cersei seems jus tlike Jon killing NK... too obvious for a show that is "subverting expectations lolzulzsszzzz"

Jon gotta do something eventually right? Jon killing Euron works. As would Jamie killing Euron.

If it wants to subvert expectations, Mountain killing Hound works, only to be kille dby Grey Worm. I'm team Grey Worm now. Murder them all!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I agree with this one. He's important enough that Arya killing him would be a big deal, but minor enough that him being dead a little early wouldn't affect the meat of the drama.
    Why would Arya even care about Euron?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So Jon says goodbye to Sam and Tormen, gives ghost away, has a heart to heart with the remaining Starks, tells Sansa and Arya his secret, separates himself from Dany, and Sansa explicitly states Starks don't do well in the south.

Does anyone think Jon won't die?

Seems like they crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's.

They should have added that he is a few days away from retirement and that he's getting too old for this.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    So Jon says goodbye to Sam and Tormen, gives ghost away, has a heart to heart with the remaining Starks, tells Sansa and Arya his secret, separates himself from Dany, and Sansa explicitly states Starks don't do well in the south.
    Good thing he's a Targaryan then right lol

I honestly can't think of a "poetic" death for Jon in KL though. Dying in the Great War made sense for him. At this point... *shrug* What would he be dying for? Who even has the "bad guy clout" to kill him and have it have any weight? Story telling wise, I just don't see it.

No, they didn't convey that at all during that conversation. Also for a show that's supposed to be "subversive" it's been pretty cliché with Sansa much of the time and this was more of the same imo.
    I think Sansa herself in her conversation with the Hound was basically making the point that she became a stronger person because of everything she went through, when the Hound told her a lot of bad stuff could have been avoided if she had left with him. So I would agree it's not JUST the rape which changed Sansa. That seemed to be a point they were alluding to earlier.