Page 435 of 555 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    This would be the best for me. I want to see Jon realizing that Dany is his family, that she is so alone and needs his love and understanding. And she realizing that nothing of that power means anything without love and humanity. But yes, burn KL and Cersei/Euron first please.

Of course we can't have nice things, so D&D will go for total misery like usual. Meh, talk about being totally predictable.
    Total misery like usual? The problem with D&D is that they havent been going with total misery. The past 2 1/2 seasons they've been playing things very safe and predictable when they could have shocked us with more devastation to characters people care about.

This would be the best for me. I want to see Jon realizing that Dany is his family, that she is so alone and needs his love and understanding. And she realizing that nothing of that power means anything without love and humanity. But yes, burn KL and Cersei/Euron first please.

Of course we can't have nice things, so D&D will go for total misery like usual. Meh, talk about being totally predictable.
    I don't think you can have BOTH the Jon/Dany happily ever after ending AND Dany buring Kings Landing. Cersi can burn it down, but if Dany does it then i think that will creade a wedge between her and a lot of people. Jon included.

My issue is that they've seemingly lost sight of the ball as to why Dany wants to rule Westeros. If Dany really was set up for a villain turn this whole time, that's fine whatever, but they've set the table for her being a "good guy" but at the end of the day, she looks like she's no better than Cersei. I don't know. Eight seasons deep that's not really all that satisfying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    My issue is that they've seemingly lost sight of the ball as to why Dany wants to rule Westeros. If Dany really was set up for a villain turn this whole time, that's fine whatever, but they've set the table for her being a "good guy" but at the end of the day, she looks like she's no better than Cersei. I don't know. Eight seasons deep that's not really all that satisfying to me.
    I dont see how she is the villian. What could she possibly do? The only thing I can think of is flat out murder Jon bc he stands between her and the throne. If Dany gets into Kings Landing and uses her dragon to burn the place and people die when her army storms through, oh well. Its war. Innocents die and Cersei forced her hand. That doesnt make her evil or a villian. Its not what she wants to do but she's already shown over the course of the series that she can be ruthless when need be.

A "happy" ending would be the biggest swerve out there at this point

of course, GRRM chose the ending so I guess that part is out of their control to an extent
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To me the show was satisfying until ep 3 and 4 of this season. I loved Jon and Dany and most other things in season 7. This season seems contrived and rushed. Last season was rushed too but things made more sense to me. Yes, the problem to me is that I don't buy Dany as the bad guy of the story.

Eh, **** meme. They thought he was a traitor, how would they know any different?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

In the least, you cannot say she's no better than Cersi.

I don't think the idea is necessarily that she's evil or even truelly mad... I think it'll simply be a matter of her wanting to go farther than some of her supporters are comfortable with.

I think Dany in the end will be willing to take massive civilian casualties in Kings Landing in order to win the war, while a lot of her supporters will be against that. Shes' not evil for the sake of evil or anything like that... she's more a Wolverine while Jon is more a Captain America (those aren't perfect exampled but you get what I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, **** meme. They thought he was a traitor, how would they know any different?
    did you as a viewer sympathize or care for them in that moment? Its a meme; its not meant to be deep

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    That's the thing though, Dani didn't even have a lot of fans. Or at least just as many haters as she did fans. But she's being so badly written haters started defending her. IMO that's how bad her arc has gotten. Plus D&D is ham fisting the ending.
    I was more interested in the over all plot and mythos than the characters perse. Jon was always kinda bland to me, I don't hate him, he was just...there. Dani had too many white savior tropes. But they're what we're stuck with, and D&D turned Dani haters into bitter Dani defenders. No small feat lol.

Damn, Olena was right man.

3 dragons, giant army, no scorpions

coulda taken KL in 5 minutes, easy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I've only read the first two. I don't know if I'm ever going to read them all. But if Ramsey and Euron are somehow worse in books, that would be something.
    The first two books are amazing. So is the next one, I highly recommend you enjoy it.

After that things go off the rails in spectacular fashion. You think show-Bran is bad? Book-Bran makes Show-Bran's charisma look like Bruno f-ing Mars.

And have you read thousands of pointless pages about some schmo from Dorne? No? Well just you wait sir!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Damn, Olena was right man.

3 dragons, giant army, no scorpions

coulda taken KL in 5 minutes, easy.
    If they could have taken Kings Landing quickly enough to the point where they could still make it up to Winter Fell fast enough to help with the Night King, that probably would have been best case scenario for Dany. THe tricky part is really whether or not they could do that. They would literally need nuke the place then leave without even really bothering to fortify the place. It's doable, but still a very tight window.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they could have taken Kings Landing quickly enough to the point where they could still make it up to Winter Fell fast enough to help with the Night King, that probably would have been best case scenario for Dany. THe tricky part is really whether or not they could do that. They would literally need nuke the place then leave without even really bothering to fortify the place. It's doable, but still a very tight window.
    NK only got past the wall because Dany helped.