Page 439 of 555 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There is a better chance Ghost and whatever the other wolf out nowhere with a pack of direwolves than an army of dragons lol

aka zero % chance both ways
    People still think Stoneheart is coming....sad fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    You're not wrong about it being Ruthless. But it's not beneath him. He probably see it as treason.
    He already executed, half a dozen people for treason. Including a lil boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    He is big on the ned stark "whoever gives the sentence swings the sword" though

Be weird for him to be someones executioner
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Well to be fair they did murder him and Ollie was hardly a little boy by that point. The little weasel was man enough to stick a knife into a dying man’s heart.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-10-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    These 'theories' are getting ridiculous. I love it when people create fan-fiction out of something glimpsed for half a second. Like the imaginary scene people created in their minds where Jon Snow distracted the ice dragon and yelled "Go! Go!" to an invisible Arya as she was sneaking into the woods to kill the Night King. I watched the episode 3 times and still can't figure out why people think that actually happened.
    Did the closed caption have him yelling "Go go go?" If so it's hard to imagine why he'd be yelling that if not Arya. Otherwise, I don't believe it. Though I do think that one brief shot of a White Walker going "huh?" as something disturbed his hair was deliberate.

There is a better chance Ghost and whatever the other wolf out nowhere with a pack of direwolves than an army of dragons lol

aka zero % chance both ways
    Just one or two more dragons, plus Dany now knowing about the scorpions, would be enough to make this battle unwinnable for Cersei. I would like to see Ghost and Nymeria play some part in the finale, but I doubt it and I don't think a pack of direwolves would make much difference here anyway.

I have a suspicion that Bran is going to be key. As the Three Eyed Raven, his main concern was the survival of humanity. The Night King was a threat to humanity; Cersei isn't, so by rights Bran should just shrug and let this play out as it will. But there is still some of Bran in there. You could see it in the note of bitterness when he told Tyrion "I mostly live in the past these days." I think Bran Stark will re-assert himself and make a decision to live for the future (and his family) instead. He will warg into the Mountain and have him kill Cersei.

That's how I'd write it, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Saw a video on YouTube that theorizes Dany has more dragons. This is based largely on the last scene of the preview: Euron standing on his ship, shading his eyes and looking in the distance with a shocked look on his face while a dragon cry is heard in the background.

The theory is that one of the dragons laid eggs back in Essos, and Dany has been keeping her "grandchildren" a secret. Presumably she would have sent word to Daario to bring them over, after losing Viserion.

I don't know about that... but I do wonder what dragon-related thing could scare a crazy psycho like Euron at this point? Drogon is already a known factor.

The same video also speculates that Dany could be using some unforseen tactic with Drogon, like flying up above the reach of the scorpions and then diving straight down on King's Landing inside their range of fire. Or that Drogon has been armored and is now immune to the scorpions... but that last one is dumb. What the hell kind of armor would be stronger than dragon scales? Valyrian steel, maybe, but where would they find that much of it?

Anyway... I'm not sure I buy any of those theories except maybe the second one (which the defenders should have thought of unless they're complete idiots). But the question of what's eating Euron Greyjoy in that scene is an interesting one.
    Been seeing this all over as well. While I would love more dragons, I think it is more likely Yara's fleet has arrived equipped with some sort of catapult and Euron is staring down their incoming projectiles.

Did the closed caption have him yelling "Go go go?" If so it's hard to imagine why he'd be yelling that if not Arya. Otherwise, I don't believe it. Though I do think that one brief shot of a White Walker going "huh?" as something disturbed his hair was deliberate.

Just one or two more dragons, plus Dany now knowing about the scorpions, would be enough to make this battle unwinnable for Cersei. I would like to see Ghost and Nymeria play some part in the finale, but I doubt it and I don't think a pack of direwolves would make much difference here anyway.

I have a suspicion that Bran is going to be key. As the Three Eyed Raven, his main concern was the survival of humanity. The Night King was a threat to humanity; Cersei isn't, so by rights Bran should just shrug and let this play out as it will. But there is still some of Bran in there. You could see it in the note of bitterness when he told Tyrion "I mostly live in the past these days." I think Bran Stark will re-assert himself and make a decision to live for the future (and his family) instead. He will warg into the Mountain and have him kill Cersei.

Ruining Cleganebowl?

You'd fit right in with DnD. Subvert those expectations!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Someone also mentioned that one of the ancient badass Targaryen dragons wore armor, and that it might still be stored somewhere at Dragonstone.

I wonder why Cersei didn't take Dragonstone while it was abandoned? If she'd had troops there she could have captured Tyrion, Varys and Grey Worm as well as Missandei.

Ruining Cleganebowl?

You'd fit right in with DnD. Subvert those expectations!
    Ugh, Cleganebowl. Not sure why people are so fixated on that. The Mountain isn't even really Gregor Clegane anymore. Would he even recognize his brother?

Fantastic Member

I didn’t even think to watch it with captions but I did not hear him yell this and Arya certainly wasn’t present in the shot. I firmly believe that people are just making things up to fill in the blanks. Even me I guess because I think she may have already been hiding in the godswood before the Night King even got there since her last scene with Melisandre was before all of this.

Ugh, Cleganebowl. Not sure why people are so fixated on that. The Mountain isn't even really Gregor Clegane anymore. Would he even recognize his brother?
    The hound specifically told Mountain he was coming for him at the meeting last season.

plus it narratively makes sense

So i guess we should be ready for some subverted expectations again!

The hound specifically told Mountain he was coming for him at the meeting last season.

I heard it's anticlimactic

Or a story realistic enough to know that the universe doesn't always let you follow through on threats or get sweet revenge.

People complaining about plot armor should really hate that the Hound has been unkillable since making that promise to his brother. If only poetic justice worked like that in the real world.

Or a story realistic enough to know that the universe doesn't always let you follow through on threats or get sweet revenge.
    Man, we are past that point lol

The Hound's last words, after getting stabbed through the heart by some rando:

"But... but... Cleganebowl..."

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

He is big on the ned stark "whoever gives the sentence swings the sword" though

Be weird for him to be someones executioner
    Jon likely snitches on Varys