Page 441 of 555 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I want some happiness in my narratives!
    Then you're watching the wrong show. GoT has consistently sided with the idea of a dirtier, more morally gray world where good people get **** on and die horribly while terrible people rise and prosper. I just can't see this show having an ending that doesn't fit that theme.

Personally, I expect Jon to kill Dany (not by choice, but out of necessity or self-defense). Then be offered the throne. And for him to just throw up his hands and say "Screw it. No. I've had it with you people. Peace out!" And walk away. Watching the noble Jon Snow, who has never turned down a call of duty, just turn his back and walk off into the sunset to try and be happy with what's left of his life is about the only happy ending I can hope for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Then you're watching the wrong show. GoT has consistently sided with the idea of a dirtier, more morally gray world where good people get **** on and die horribly while terrible people rise and prosper. I just can't see this show having an ending that doesn't fit that theme.

Personally, I expect Jon to kill Dany (not by choice, but out of necessity or self-defense). Then be offered the throne. And for him to just throw up his hands and say "Screw it. No. I've had it with you people. Peace out!" And walk away. Watching the noble Jon Snow, who has never turned down a call of duty, just turn his back and walk off into the sunset to try and be happy with what's left of his life is about the only happy ending I can hope for.
    The show does retain plenty of standard fantasy cliches though, for example Dany and Jon are depicted as beautiful with a regal bearing, natural leadership skills, and even magical powers, even though with their bloodline they should really be deformed freaks barely able to speak coherent sentences. Westeros also comes off more like a modern nation state than a medieval feudal realm, and a prolonged succession crisis would invariably lead to a breakdown in central authority and various fiefdoms splitting off to become independent petty kingdoms. There's no way that at this stage in the civil war that people would still have any respect for the crown as an institution or would care about legitimate lines of descent, right of conquest would be the only logic anyone would be following.

I expect Jon to end up with the Wildlings in the north. The whole conversation with Tormund seemed like foreshadowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Yeah, mindofshadow already addressed that. But I mean at this point anything could happen. At best tho that my be a epilogue stinger. The camera pans over a nest and we see eggs hatching.
    Dang, I scrolled through but missed that

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    and that ending only works if a Targaryan is alive to see them

So Jon or Dany has to find them
    Couldn't Drogon go bring them back to Westeros, specifically straight to King's Landing? If indeed he/she/it knows how to find them, that is?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Somebody has been reading potential spoilers lol. But seriously a part of me think that might be another red herring. Jon probably dies somehow. sUbVrT eXpEcTaTiOnS!!

Then you're watching the wrong show. GoT has consistently sided with the idea of a dirtier, more morally gray world where good people get **** on and die horribly while terrible people rise and prosper. I just can't see this show having an ending that doesn't fit that theme..
    That's all fine and all, but the way that they have written the show towards the end is sloppy and contrived. I don't even think the actors like it.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 05-11-2019 at 05:53 AM.

If a duty-bound Jon walks away from his claim and the throne, he will feel obliged to name a replacement (presuming Dany is dead). Sansa?
    Last edited by hulahulk; 05-11-2019 at 05:56 AM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I was kidding a bit.

The show isnt really what you're saying either, though. Sure its morally grey and dirty but so is the real world. **** people rise to power, while good men get stabbed at a wedding- just like the real world. It isnt some grim miserable funeral march though, just like the real world isnt.

Subverting all happiness or decent enough endings is just as lame and contrived as "and they all live happily ever after".

Tbh I've long wanted a Sopranos style ending for this show.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Attachment 82207

The memes tho
    The fact that even Dany haters are pointing out how the writers seem to have done fucked up her arc is pretty telling.

If it's going where it looks to be going, the backlash is gonna be huge. And they deserve all of it. If this is indeed where Martin is heading in the books, I think he'd be able to execute it much better than rushing it the way the show has (though we might see Winter, but I'm giving up hope on ever seeing Spring).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If this is indeed where Martin is heading in the books, I think he'd be able to execute it much better than rushing it the way the show has (though we might see Winter, but I'm giving up hope on ever seeing Spring).
    Totally agreed about the latter. I always defended the fact we might see WoW. But I've also always been skeptical of ADOS ever being finished.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 05-11-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Another interesting take on how the KL planning SHOULD have went.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Tbh I've long wanted a Sopranos style ending for this show.
    Sshhh....Bitch you trying to start riots?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post

That's all fine and all, but the way that they have written the show towards the end is sloppy and contrived. I don't even think the actors like it.
    I was kidding a bit.

The show isnt really what you're saying either, though. Sure its morally grey and dirty but so is the real world. **** people rise to power, while good men get stabbed at a wedding- just like the real world. It isnt some grim miserable funeral march though, just like the real world isnt.

Subverting all happiness or decent enough endings is just as lame and contrived as "and they all live happily ever after".

I agree. Honestly, if Jon ends up killing Dany, I'm going to hate it. Seems so wrong to me and unfair to the characters. This was probably the healthiest romance the show has ever done and to end it this way seem hateful. I wanted some hope at the end, but if there is no light at the end of the tunnel in this universe, then I'm don't care for it.

There are like... leak wars right now lol

Some claiming HBO is putting out incorrect leaks on purpose. Which does make some sense considering how locked down the last episode was.

The last leak I read sounded actually... good lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Intermediary

I wish they'd just have Jon and Dany get married and live happily with Drogon having a huge liter of rugrat dragons running around.

Arya and the Hound pick up the Brotherhood Without Banners concept and ride around righting wrongs.

I want some happiness in my narratives!
    you are watching the wrong show

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I agree. Honestly, if Jon ends up killing Dany, I'm going to hate it. Seems so wrong to me and unfair to the characters. This was probably the healthiest romance the show has ever done and to end it this way seem hateful. I wanted some hope at the end, but if there is no light at the end of the tunnel in this universe, then I'm don't care for it.
    Healthiest romance? OMG it was so quick and contrived that it was almost ridiculous. Not to mention incestuous.

The only healthy romance on this show is Sam and his girl.