Page 442 of 555 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There are like... leak wars right now lol

Some claiming HBO is putting out incorrect leaks on purpose. Which does make some sense considering how locked down the last episode was.

The last leak I read sounded actually... good lol.
    I'm skeptical of HBO succeeding lol. I think the cat's out of the bag in this regard.

edit..............
    Last edited by Mormel; 05-11-2019 at 12:01 PM. Reason: failure to gif, apologies
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I'm skeptical of HBO succeeding lol. I think the cat's out of the bag in this regard.
    last one actually sounds "bittersweet" in a way for the first time

spoilers:
    with Dany not going mad but being framed, Jon still has her back, (so sweet) with Tyrion revealed to be a full traitor (bitter)
    end of spoilers

It really seems the spoilers:
    drogon with armor thing is real
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I expect Jon to end up with the Wildlings in the north. The whole conversation with Tormund seemed like foreshadowing.
    Me too. I see his "last" exchange with Ghost being somewhat foreshadowing as well. Ghost doesn't belong in the South. Jon will realize that neither does he. Wouldn't be surprised if his last scene is indeed him with Ghost by his side once again up North.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The above echoes many of the problems I had with the naval battle, especially with regards to them even attempting to battle the Iron Fleet at sea when they could much more safely starve them.

Is there any word on what the prequel series is? Like Young Ned,Robert and Rhagar? Or they going way back?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is there any word on what the prequel series is? Like Young Ned,Robert and Rhagar? Or they going way back?
    It takes place doing the age of heroes and the beginning of the real long night

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

The above echoes many of the problems I had with the naval battle, especially with regards to them even attempting to battle the Iron Fleet at sea when they could much more safely starve them.
    Posted it already, but yup

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

If D&D "suck" then I hope we get more sucking like that. I've enjoyed the hell out of this show even if some people have way too much meta thinking to actually just sit back and enjoy it. We've never gotten a fantasy TV show like this before and because of it, we will almost certainly get more.

It's an adventure story, not a PBS documentary. I really hope GRRM somehow does finish the books, so I can watch people bitch about them as much as they did the TV show.

Yeah, it sucks when your headcanon turns out to be wrong... but I prefer a world where the storytellers tell the stories the way they want.

Some of the plot-convenience shortcuts are annoying, true, because they mess with our ability to speculate on what should or should not be possible for the heroes and villains to do. But most of what people are calling bad storytelling here is a combination of bad breaks and a few phenomenally bad, even stupid decisions by characters who are not typical storybook heroes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    If D&D "suck" then I hope we get more sucking like that. I've enjoyed the hell out of this show even if some people have way too much meta thinking to actually just sit back and enjoy it. We've never gotten a fantasy TV show like this before and because of it, we will almost certainly get more.

It's an adventure story, not a PBS documentary. I really hope GRRM somehow does finish the books, so I can watch people bitch about them as much as they did the TV show.

Yeah, it sucks when your headcanon turns out to be wrong... but I prefer a world where the storytellers tell the stories the way they want.

Some of the plot-convenience shortcuts are annoying, true, because they mess with our ability to speculate on what should or should not be possible for the heroes and villains to do. But most of what people are calling bad storytelling here is a combination of bad breaks and a few phenomenally bad, even stupid decisions by characters who are not typical storybook heroes.
    D&D aren't storytellers nor were they really hired to do that. When they were just adapting GRRM's material they did a great job of translating that to the screen but when they have to do their own plotting it just doesn't work as well because all they know is spectacle and shock value, and at this point in the series fans are looking to see everything wrapped up in a neat little bow rather than having their expectations subverted for the umpteenth time.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    D&D aren't storytellers nor were they really hired to do that. When they were just adapting GRRM's material they did a great job of translating that to the screen but when they have to do their own plotting it just doesn't work as well because all they know is spectacle and shock value, and at this point in the series fans are looking to see everything wrapped up in a neat little bow rather than having their expectations subverted for the umpteenth time.
    That's part of it, but the latter seasons, especially this one was a case of them just trying to get the show over with so they could fuck up Star Wars and American history lol.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The fact that even Dany haters are pointing out how the writers seem to have done fucked up her arc is pretty telling
    I never hated Dani, but I wouldn't say she was my favorite character either. Having said that I'm totally fine with her barbecuing everyone. I mean I dropped GoT after episode 3, but I'm still hoping she just kills everyone for catharsis factor lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    That's part of it, but the latter seasons, especially this one was a case of them just trying to get the show over with so they could fuck up Star Wars and American history lol.
    I think these last two shortened seasons were HBO mandates and not something D&D necessarily wanted. If they were full length we would have had seven additional episodes--the better part of another full season-- which could have had a significant impact on how they handled the story. Just my observation/opinion; who knows really.