Page 446 of 555 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Oh god the Cleaganebowl was awful. That's some fan fiction ****!

Not happy with any of this.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Well, this episode should be a good moment for all the people making fun of "subverted expectations." I don't think a single expectation was subverted in this episode. Though maybe that in itself is a subversion of expectations?

In retrospect, the decision to build King's Landing out of Legos was a questionable one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Well, this episode should be a good moment for all the people making fun of "subverted expectations." I don't think a single expectation was subverted in this episode. Though maybe that in itself is a subversion of expectations?

In retrospect, the decision to build King's Landing out of Legos was a questionable one.
    This. We were told all last episode that they were going to destroy the city. They destroyed the city and it wasn't close. We were teased that Dany was slowly becoming unhinged because of all the losses she took and how she wasn't being embraced like she expected. She did. We were told Vary's was going to risk everything to betray her. He did. We were told Jamie was going back to be with Cersei and die with her. He did.

The only real subversion was that Arya listened to the Hound and backed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    She went off the rails cause her advisers was dumb.
    Course, you can argue without her advisors she would have done this anways. The only difference is that it wouldn't have been more personal, and she would have done this with a bigger army and more dragons. End result would still pretty much be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I'm going to disagree with that because this is kind of right up Dany's alley. This is exactly what she was doing in Essos. We just didn't care because it was a bunch of slave masters and ******* Dothraki Khals that she was burning. Now it's characters we are attached to. She literally decided to conquer a few cities just to prove she could do it as a trial run and Mereen went to hell for it. She watched her brother get burned by a bunch of savages and was cool with it. And the books make it a point to show that while Viserys was a dick, it was mostly because he was burdened with the loss of the Targ empire more than anyone. There's also a reason why that witch in season 1 didn't want Dany's child born to be the Stallion who Mounts the World.

This was teased with the Tarly's in season 7 and Tyrion trying to talk her down multiple times. This was in the cards for awhile
    I agree. The potential for madness was already there. Usually an advisor talked her off the cliff she was prepared to jump off.

Also great episode.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

We can still get a "kinda" good ending if Jon somehow ends up on the Throne at the end of the last episode.
    [
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 05-12-2019 at 08:11 PM.

I'm glad that Jorah's death, he would be so broke if he has come this far. For another side, i guest that you could argue that he could have talked her out of this if he was still around.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Wait, what characters we were attached to exactly? lol
    Cersei, Jamie, the Hound, Arya, Varys. Pretty much all the characters that were at risk of or did die tonight. Also now fucking Tyrion's screwed for letting Jamie escape.

She did the same **** to a city full of slave masters and burned all the Khals alive. Dany's been burning people since she killed Mirri Maz Duur in season 1 in vengeance for Drogo (who himself was a bloodthirsty conquerer that led a group that slaughtered and raped innocents). Then she burned the Warlocks in Qarth. Then she burned the slave masters in Mereen, Yunkai, and Astapor. Then she burned the Sons of the Harpie for trying to take the city back. Then she burned the Tarly's for refusing to bow to the foreign invader.

Let's be real, Dany watching her enemies perish wasn't something she was adverse to. She outright enjoyed it. She always has. She's always had a dark side to her that we were privy to from nearly the very beginning. Couple that with the major losses in her journey, coming all this way and not being embraced...its not that hard to see how a fall could happen. Its tragic but I don't see it as destroying her arc, I see it as just a culmination of her arc that was something a lot of her fans didn't want to see specifically because they cared for her. But that's not necessarily bad character work.

This is like Anakin Skywalker done right. It sucks to see her fall because we saw her be good, but there were signs.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-12-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm glad that Jorah's death, he would be so broke if he has come this far. For another side, i guest that you could argue that he could have talked her out of this if he was still around.
    Jorah couldn't have talked her out of this, because he didn't know she was going to do this. Honestly I'm not entirely sure Dany herself knew she was going to do this. The plan was to stop when the bells were rung. Granted that was Tyrions plan more than Danys but it's not like anyone disagreed at the time.

If she made her intentions to burn the city to the ground earlier, Jon I suppose might have had as good as shot as Jorah at talking her down... but it happened sort of spur of the moment.

Course, you can argue without her advisors she would have done this anways. The only difference is that it wouldn't have been more personal, and she would have done this with a bigger army and more dragons. End result would still pretty much be the same.
    Not likely, she only did what she did because of what she been through. Had she had taking KL more efficiently, I doubt we would have gotten this. But Tyrion was but fuckin dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Let's be real, Dany watching her enemies perish wasn't something she was adverse to. She outright enjoyed it. She always has. She's always had a dark side to her that we were privy to from nearly the very beginning. Couple that with the major losses in her journey, coming all this way and not being embraced...its not that hard to see how a fall could happen. Its tragic but I don't see it as destroying her arc, I see it as just a culmination of her arc that was something a lot of her fans didn't want to see specifically because they cared for her. But that's not necessarily bad character work.

This is like Anakin Skywalker done right. It sucks to see her fall because we saw her be good, but there were signs.
    Bruh people that hated her character complained about her arc.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Jorah couldn't have talked her out of this, because he didn't know she was going to do this. Honestly I'm not entirely sure Dany herself knew she was going to do this. The plan was to stop when the bells were rung. Granted that was Tyrions plan more than Danys but it's not like anyone disagreed at the time.

If she made her intentions to burn the city to the ground earlier, Jon I suppose might have had as good as shot as Jorah at talking her down... but it happened sort of spur of the moment.
    After Jon rejected her, I'm not sure he could talk her out of anything to be honest.

Bruh people that hated her character complained about her arc.
    And they're free to have that take. Mine is different.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Cersei, Jamie, the Hound, Arya, Varys. Pretty much all the characters that were at risk of or did die tonight. Also now fucking Tyrion's screwed for letting Jamie escape.

She did the same **** to a city full of slave masters and burned all the Khals alive. Dany's been burning people since she killed Mirri Maz Duur in season 1 in vengeance for Drogo (who himself was a bloodthirsty conquerer that led a group that slaughtered and raped innocents). Then she burned the Warlocks in Qarth. Then she burned the slave masters in Mereen, Yunkai, and Astapor. Then she burned the Sons of the Harpie for trying to take the city back. Then she burned the Tarly's for refusing to bow to the foreign invader.
    Most of the things she did was not the equivalent of this. I mean how else was she going to stop her enemies, harsh language lol