Page 447 of 551 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 8254

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Not likely, she only did what she did because of what she been through. Had she had taking KL more efficiently, I doubt we would have gotten this. But Tyrion was but fuckin dumb.
    Oh, I don't doubt she would take KL more efficiently with 2 more dragons and a bigger army. She would have leveled the city in a third of the time. But I still think she would have leveled the city. Tyrion and Vary (and to a lesser degree maybe Jon) are probably the only reasons why she wouldn't do it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Cersei, Jamie, the Hound, Arya, Varys. Pretty much all the characters that were at risk of or did die tonight. Also now fucking Tyrion's screwed for letting Jamie escape.

She did the same shit to a city full of slave masters and burned all the Khals alive. Dany's been burning people since she killed Mirri Maz Duur in season 1 in vengeance for Drogo (who himself was a bloodthirsty conquerer that led a group that slaughtered and raped innocents). Then she burned the Warlocks in Qarth. Then she burned the slave masters in Mereen, Yunkai, and Astapor. Then she burned the Sons of the Harpie for trying to take the city back. Then she burned the Tarly's for refusing to bow to the foreign invader.
    Meh, all of those people got what they deserved.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And they're free to have that take. Mine is different.
    Tbh I'm neutral when it comes to Dani as a character, I'm more pissed off at how underwhelming Cersei's "death" was.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Meh, all of those people got what they deserved.
    Exactly....I'm baffled when people bring them up.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Oh, I don't doubt she would take KL more efficiently with 2 more dragons and a bigger army. She would have leveled the city in a third of the time. But I still think she would have leveled the city. Tyrion and Vary (and to a lesser degree maybe Jon) are probably the only reasons why she wouldn't do it.
    Oh so she did go through with it? Well imma keep it 100. The way people felt about ollie dying, that's how I feel about King's Landing lol. As Michael Jordan would say, fuck them kids.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Dany has always been strong and fearsome, but she is just. She never would have just randomly killed innocents.

That is "let's wrap this up quick, boys" writing. Instead of Dany and Jon having to figure themselves out once all is said and done.

The Lannister army getting killed? Shit is rough but this is war. Golden Company too, which are mercenary arms with no honor.

Cersei put all those innocent lives in the way of Dany, yet we're supposed to feel sorry for Cersei?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-12-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Dany has always been strong and fearsome, but she is just. She never would have just randomly killed innocents.

That is "let's wrap this up quick, boys" writing. Instead of Dany and Jon having to figure themselves out once all is said and done.
    That's why I just kinda stopped caring. Once I read those leaks my suspicions was confirmed and I was like just burn everything. This is fine lol

Astonishing Member

Bruh people that hated her character complained about her arc.
    That's really irrelevant. You just can't claim this shit wasn't there with her from the very beginning. This was a person that rolled around with a group of savages that called themselves bloodriders. She ingratiated herself to their culture and then watched their leader kill her brother for an insult. This was the same brother that literally spent his life taking care of her and making sure she survived as an infant. Then when that would be conquerer slaughtered another village and finally faced a women who gave him his end, Dany decided to burn her in cold blood. Khal Drogo was not a good dude. In the books we had multiple visions that had Dany's child been born he would have laid siege to the world. Dany was convinced to conquer three cities just to get resources and to prove she could rule. Nobody in these cities really wanted her. She burned the leaders of these cities alive and disrupted the natural order of these cities. This led to civil wars where countless perished. Dany had to burn more people to quell the civil war. Then she just told her sellsword group to run the cities while she left to go conquer a place she had never been in her life because her brother told her stories about how it was his birthright. This was after she used those same sellswords to brutally murder people so she could conquer one of those cities. She burned a bunch of Khals just to take the Dothraki army.

Then she came to Westeros with an army of Dothraki bloodriders, a group of hardened footshoulders, and three dragons to....

Oh and lets talk about the countless stupid titles she gave herself and fashioned herself as a righteous savior while she constantly burned all these people. Then she burned the Tarly's despite Tyrion trying to get them to go to the wall and/or save them because they wouldn't submit to her.

This was always there. It's been there from the beginning. It was classic GRRM just switching the perspective a little bit so that all the typical shit Dany did, would be viewed in a different light

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    That's really irrelevant. You just can't claim this shit wasn't there with her from the very beginning. This was a person that rolled around with a group of savages that called themselves bloodriders. She ingratiated herself to their culture and then watched their leader kill her brother for an insult. This was the same brother that literally spent his life taking care of her and making sure she survived as an infant. Then when that would be conquerer slaughtered another village and finally faced a women who gave him his end, Dany decided to burn her in cold blood. Khal Drogo was not a good dude. In the books we had multiple visions that had Dany's child been born he would have laid siege to the world. Dany was convinced to conquer three cities just to get resources and to prove she could rule. Nobody in these cities really wanted her. She burned the leaders of these cities alive and disrupted the natural order of these cities. This led to civil wars where countless perished. Dany had to burn more people to quell the civil war. Then she just told her sellsword group to run the cities while she left to go conquer a place she had never been in her life because her brother told her stories about how it was his birthright. This was after she used those same sellswords to brutally murder people so she could conquer one of those cities. She burned a bunch of Khals just to take the Dothraki army.

Then she came to Westeros with an army of Dothraki bloodriders, a group of hardened footshoulders, and three dragons to....

Oh and lets talk about the countless stupid titles she gave herself and fashioned herself as a righteous savior while she constantly burned all these people. Then she burned the Tarly's despite Tyrion trying to get them to go to the wall and/or save them because they wouldn't submit to her.

This was always there. It's been there from the beginning. It was classic GRRM just switching the perspective a little bit so that all the typical shit Dany did, would be viewed in a different light
    That's alot of revisionism and half truths there.

Incredible Member

I would have been ok even with her just ignoring the bells and going right for the keep. Tear that down kill Cersei. But she chose to target all those innocents why? It was absolutely out of character and they made her crazy just to get rid of her in the end.

She has relished killing slavers in the past and wanted her throne. But she's never wanted to murder babies and innocents when she didn't have too. She had CLEARLY won at that point.

Whatever the writers wanted her mad and she went mad. Now there is no choice but for every sane person to want her dead.

The Lannister army getting killed? Shit is rough but this is war. Golden Company too, which are mercenary arms with no honor.

Cersei put all those innocent lives in the way of Dany, yet we're supposed to feel sorry for Cersei?
    We're not supposed to necessarily feel sorry for Cersi... but I do think we're supposed to feel sorry for the innocent women and children Dany murdered. So in that one regard Cersi got a small small victory. By bringing as many innocents into the city as possible to be slaughted by Dany, it potentially is planting the seeds of Danys own downfall. Potentially.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    That's alot of revisionism and half truths there.
    Not if you read the books. It's made very clear that Viserys was the only reason Dany survived for as long as she did and that while he became an asshole it was because he was reduced to essentially being a beggar to make sure him and Dany survived and that one of the final insults was having to sell away his sister. It's made very clear EXACTLY what the Dothraki are in the books and how vicious they are and how the witch that made Drogo catatonic had to watch her city get massacred and raped because of them and that she probably saved more lived by getting rid of Drogo. Dany's response was burn her.

It's not revisionism. It's the show and book wanted you to sympathize more with Dany's perspective up until a certain point so we were given more distance from those who were effected by her.

Astonishing Member

You aren't supposed to feel sorry for Cersei. It's similar to how GRRM killed off Joffrey where even though he was killing off a hated character he wanted you to empathize that "yes this is a person dying and this is still bad even if the person was bad".

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I would have been ok even with her just ignoring the bells and going right for the keep. Tear that down kill Cersei. But she chose to target all those innocents why? It was absolutely out of character and they made her crazy just to get rid of her in the end.

She has relished killing slavers in the past and wanted her throne. But she's never wanted to murder babies and innocents when she didn't have too. She had CLEARLY won at that point.

Whatever the writers wanted her mad and she went mad. Now there is no choice but for every sane person to want her dead.
    Because earlier she blamed the citizens for not overthrowing Cersei like the slave society she conquered. Mentioned this earlier in the episode.
    Last edited by The Shape; 05-12-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Tbh I'm neutral when it comes to Dani as a character, I'm more pissed off at how underwhelming Cersei's "death" was.
    See, that's where I'm at. But I arrived there before episode 4. Nobody left is likeable, I to was neutral on Dani, but I also thought Jon was bland, and Jaimie was a sleaze ball whom I could never get behind, I only defended sansa because all of the latent misogyny thrown her way, to a lesser extent Arya too. I mean the show just became frustrating. Strangely the supporting characters was more interesting. People like Mance, Quaithe, Jaqen H'ghar, Brienne & Pod, Tormund, even fuckin karsi was more interesting that the rest. And she was a one episode wonder. What drew me to the show was the mythos tbh, that probably was a bad idea.