Page 452 of 555 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Does abuse merit having liquid hot gold melted on your head well you horrifically die? Because that's the hill you are on right now. Every character you find mean you think it is okay to die. Did Robert deserve to die because he hit Cersei? Was it cool that she got him drunk and allowed an accident to happen?
    My point is that she didn't have any reason to stop Drogo from killing her abusive brother, who was attempting to carry on abusing her at that exact moment.

Drogo reacts savagely to it, yeah. Drogo is savage. They're in that tent with savages because that dude sold off his sister to savages.

You disagree, okay.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-12-2019 at 09:49 PM.

At least Stannis only burned one innocent child. Just sayin'.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    So anways, in regards to Jaimie. I still don't like him for still being allies with the Freys and killing Blackfish. In my opinion, whatever his redemption arc he was going for kind of went out the window at the end of season 6.
    Blackfish shoulda killed Jaime, tbh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    My point is that she didn't have any reason to stop Drogo from killing her abusive brother, who was attempting to carry on abusing her at that exact moment.

Drogo reacts savagely to it, yeah. Drogo is savage. They're in that tent with savages because that dude sold off his sister to savages.

You disagree, okay.
    She had no reason stop Drogo for killing her brother besides the fact that

1. He was her brother.
    2. He was the reason she survived this long.
    3. The only reason they were there was so he could use Drogo's army to get them back home.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 05-13-2019 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Leave the personal commentary out of it

Mighty Member

Ok, I pretty much loved every minute of that. It was definitely a little bit rushed, but it delivered on everything it tried to do, if not as fully as it could have. I expect I'll be in the minority with that opinion, but that's ok. In the broad strokes none of this was surprising. But that big moment, Dany's choice. Damn.

I felt like I wanted to feel when Anakin Skywalker fell. I didn't feel that from the prequels at all, but they got to me here. The tragedy of the moment, of seeing someone who could and should be better fall. Dany has always had a streak of violence in her, but watching her choose to lash out at enemies who had surrendered simply because she wanted to and could was heartbreaking. Especially when she turned on the civilians.

It's going to be a long week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I'm just disappointed the writing wasn't more nuanced. Everything that happened tonight was clearly telegraphed ages in advance. Of course Varys would be wrongfully executed.
    One minor nit, Varys wasn't wrongly executed. He did, in fact, commit treason. And the suggestion from the opening sequence with his little bird seems to be that he was trying to poison Dany. His execution was wholly warranted, from the perspective of everyone present, including Varys himself.

Yes, as it turns out he was 100% right, and everybody including Dany should have listened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    She had no reason stop Drogo for killing her brother besides the fact that

1. He was her brother.
    2. He was the reason she survived this long.
    3. The only reason they were there was so he could use Drogo's army to get them back home.

Again you react very flippantly to murder but act like being abusive in Viserys case or a dick in Randyl Tarly's case are the most offensive crimes ever and it's okay to be put to death for them. But then you make excuses for the actual murderers
    I'm just going to leave you on this random hill.

You seem to think Dany, an abused child, has to save her abusive brother in a situation where she has no power? I think not.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-12-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

All the people saying, "Well, forget the NK, it's Cersei that's the real villain anyway, that's what matters." Cersei was a non-factor in this episode.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    At least Stannis only burned one innocent child. Just sayin'.
    Stannis is the true king. I also got him on some random Buzzfeed "which Game of Thrones character are you?" quiz, so maybe I'm biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Blackfish shoulda killed Jaime, tbh.
    Or hell, Arya should have just taken him out when she poisoned all the frays. Eh

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Or hell, Arya should have just taken him out when she poisoned all the grays. Eh
    That would have worked!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Ok, I pretty much loved every minute of that. It was definitely a little bit rushed, but it delivered on everything it tried to do, if not as fully as it could have. I expect I'll be in the minority with that opinion, but that's ok. In the broad strokes none of this was surprising. But that big moment, Dany's choice. Damn.

I felt like I wanted to feel when Anakin Skywalker fell. I didn't feel that from the prequels at all, but they got to me here. The tragedy of the moment, of seeing someone who could and should be better fall. Dany has always had a streak of violence in her, but watching her choose to lash out at enemies who had surrendered simply because she wanted to and could was heartbreaking. Especially when she turned on the civilians.

It's going to be a long week.

One minor nit, Varys wasn't wrongly executed. He did, in fact, commit treason. And the suggestion from the opening sequence with his little bird seems to be that he was trying to poison Dany. His execution was wholly warranted, from the perspective of everyone present, including Varys himself.

Yes, as it turns out he was 100% right, and everybody including Dany should have listened to him.
    Tbh I just enjoyed it on a superficial level, it looked good and drogon was awesome. Seeing the golden company reduced to dust was hilarious. And while I'm in the minority I liked cleganbowl

Also agreed about Varys, he slit his own throat.

Extraordinary Member

Anyways, kind of perfect irony that Cersei's death is on Mothers Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Tbh I just enjoyed it on a superficial level, it looked good and drogon was awesome. Seeing the golden company reduced to dust was hilarious. And while I'm in the minority I liked cleganbowl

Also agreed about Varys, he slit his own throat.
    I loved the when Drogon broke through the gates from behind the Golden Company. Seeing them get demolished was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    Stannis is the true king. I also got him on some random Buzzfeed "which Game of Thrones character are you?" quiz, so maybe I'm biased.
    I hail thee, fellow Stan fan! Stannis was really the first major casualty of D&D. They have admitted to never liking the character, and even Stannis's actor was unhappy with his involvement in the show because he didn't understand why his character was being written so terribly. Stannis was the true king, and (given how Dany and Jon have ended up) the most competent person for the job.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Well Dany kept her word.