Page 454 of 555 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Does she? Who's gonna follow her after this? I see the next episode about her losing favor and realizing she has nothing. Someone's gonna kill her. Mark my words
    Another Kingslayer in the making! Arya or Jon?
    I always had this horrible idea in the back of my mind but I dismissed it, at least until the Tarly's death. It's been growing since with Dany's realization that she wasn't waited there by the people of Westeros. Then she lost Jorah, which broke her heart.
    That and the loss of Missandeď and Raeghal due to her own recklesness made her mind snap. She forged in part her own downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Does she? Who's gonna follow her after this? I see the next episode about her losing favor and realizing she has nothing. Someone's gonna kill her. Mark my words
    well obviously. Ever since they dropped that blatantly obvious clue that Arya would kill the Night King this show has been very predictable. We knew Jon was going to tell his siblings and it was going to get out. I was sure Varys would die with the way he was blatantly and stupidly talking about treason in the last episode. Now they are making Danny the big bad, such a heal turn in the 12th hour of this show I swear, but the writing is on the wall.

Anyway to answer our quesiton I'd follow her. I'm certainly not gonna go against her after what those Dragons did. You have a Dragon, the unsullied and the Darthrakki who are loyal to her and only her. Killing Danny would just set off a bomb. The best choice would be to go north or just get far away otherwise just be smart. Why would I go against a woman with a pet dragon that effortlessly destroyed a fleet of anti dragon ships and a ridiculously large and well fortified castle. That Castle fell in an hour. Plus the people of Westeros are idiots. They've litterally been following terrible leaders this entire show. At least Danny has a good track record for the prior 7 seasons.

Obvously Arya is going to kill Danny, she's got green eyes. Wish it wasn't so obvous.

I was hoping for a happy ending. Jon and Danny get married. Worm & Messandi get a happy ending, but noooooo.

Sansaa had to go and become Littlefinger. Tyrion been making bad decisons since he met Danny. Jon should have jsut made out with his aunt and comforted her when she needed him than maybe we wouldn't have gotten BBQ peasants
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well obviously. Ever since they dropped that blatantly obvious clue that Arya would kill the Night King this show has been very predictable. We knew Jon was going to tell his siblings and it was going to get out. I was sure Varys would die with the way he was blatantly and stupidly talking about treason in the last episode. Now they are making Danny the big bad, such a heal turn in the 12th hour of this show I swear, but the writing is on the wall.

Anyway to answer our quesiton I'd follow her. I'm certainly not gonna go against her after what those Dragons did. You have a Dragon, the unsullied and the Darthrakki who are loyal to her and only her. Killing Danny would just set off a bomb. The best choice would be to go north or just get far away otherwise just be smart. Why would I go against a woman with a pet dragon that effortlessly destroyed a fleet of anti dragon ships and a ridiculously large and well fortified castle. That Castle fell in an hour. Plus the people of Westeros are idiots. They've litterally been following terrible leaders this entire show. At least Danny has a good track record for the prior 7 seasons.

Obvously Arya is going to kill Danny, she's got green eyes. Wish it wasn't so obvous.

I was hoping for a happy ending. Jon and Danny get married. Worm & Messandi get a happy ending, but noooooo.

Sansaa had to go and become Littlefinger. Tyrion been making bad decisons since he met Danny. Jon should have jsut made out with his aunt and comforted her when she needed him than maybe we wouldn't have gotten BBQ peasants
    Several things.

Does Dany really have a good track record? She absolutely fucked slavers bay and started a civil war there. Then once she burned everyone involved she ditched it and left a company of sellswords to run it for her... Yeah she freed some slaves but so many people died and now we have no clue what's going on there anymore.

Also Dany has green eyes in the show because Emilia Clarke can't wear contacts. Dany and most Targaryans in the books have very distinct violet eyes. So Arya probably isn't destined to kill Dany. Thinking it's going to be Jon.

As a wise bastard once said: "if you thought this had a happy ending...."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Several things.

Does Dany really have a good track record? She absolutely fucked slavers bay and started a civil war there. Then once she burned everyone involved she ditched it and left a company of sellswords to run it for her... Yeah she freed some slaves but so many people died and now we have no clue what's going on there anymore.

Also Dany has green eyes in the show because Emilia Clarke can't wear contacts. Dany and most Targaryans in the books have very distinct violet eyes. So Arya probably isn't destined to kill Dany. Thinking it's going to be Jon.

Let's get back to basics with a Baratheon on the throne! Gendry is a good man.
    Or democracy?

Several things.

Danny has the best track record of everyone on this show after Jon. Jon just had to get everyone together to stop the end of the world.

Danny freed all the unsullied and struck eh chains of all the slaves. Danny could have taken the offer of the "Masters" and had ships, gold, and an army to take back to Westeros, but she chose to stay and free the people of Yonkai and take them with her on a pilgrimage to Mereen and from there she went on to destabilize the entire slave trade in the east. Stopped her soldiers from raping and pillaging. Chained her own Dragons when it was believed they killed a child. This was such a quick turn this season. I know the shows ending and this a race to the finish line, but I've still got 7 prior seasons to go against this one.

Slavers usually don't change their ways period and Danny gave them an ultimatum and stuck to it.

Again I think if we put this in a realistic setting Danny might rule for a long time if she surrounded herself with the unsullied and Dorthraki and a few other trusted people. You've still got to deal with the Dragon and she's the only one that can control him. It's not like the rest of the world is gonna watch this on CNN or see people tweet about it. Those that survive will tell stories, but just like the battle int eh north it will fade in time. She has the last army standing and a dragon. I think she's in good shape.

However, the show does have a shapeshifting little girl who can get the jump on an all-powerful undead King with a dozen of his best bodyguards right next to him. So I'm sure we see where this is going.

This episode felt super Hollywood, more than any previous seasons. They gave The Hound this over the top 90s action fight. Arya got to ride of on a white horse that was just standing there in the smoke and rubble.
    The J-man

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    That and the loss of Missandeď and Raeghal due to her own recklesness
    Wait, wut lol from what i read it was Tyrion's **** up that led her to where she is.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 05-12-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Incredible Member

For me, the white horse is logical. She's a Stark after all. The horse found her and stay calm close to her while the city is in ruins? Not something natural! It's better explained in the books.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Wait, wut lol from what i read it was Tyrion's **** up that led her to where she is.
    It was, but people like to overlook that her council was holding a giant pilates sized idiot ball.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So how on Earth does the ending become “bittersweet?” Because it looks like any ending from here on isn’t going to be a happy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Tyrion has literally been the worst advisor and people keep covering for him. Literally ever since he's been the hand he's been outplayed and outmaneuvered.

Also, the Missandei capture didn't even make sense. Literally, no one else got captured. Somehow she was magically plucked out fo the water when literally no one else on any boat was captured. They all made it to shore. Just lazy writing.

I don't even blame Danny for the second Dragon. They got those crossbows setup ridiculously fast. And they reload like machine guns.

But then in the next episode, the Dragon destroys them with ease and wrecks King Landing. His fire breath was more devastating than a sidewinder missed.
    The J-man

I wish the show just ended after this episode
    The J-man

Mighty Member

So I've stayed up way, way too late on a Sunday night just to watch this one again. And I still love it.

The conversation between Dany and Jon. She tries to seduce him. Does she want to assert dominance and control? Or is she begging for help? All she has is rule through fear, she tells him. It feels like bitterness.

And then that choice. The moment, when Dany is confronted with what is right, taking a relatively bloodless victory and the Iron Throne, and what she wants to do, put the fear of her flying fire god self into the countryside. Between justice and absolute power. And she turns. Falls. The tragedy of that moment. Not just for her, but for all the people she claimed she wanted to help live better lives.

I totally see why some people have a problem with this season. It absolutely does feel a bit rushed. But man did it deliver when it needed to tonight. We'll just see if next week can pay it off.

Extraordinary Member

Also hope some of you caught it because it was sort of a blink and you'll miss it but Bran's vision of the dragon flying over King's Landing was replicated in this episode.

I'm going to disagree with that because this is kind of right up Dany's alley. This is exactly what she was doing in Essos. We just didn't care because it was a bunch of slave masters and ******* Dothraki Khals that she was burning. Now it's characters we are attached to. She literally decided to conquer a few cities just to prove she could do it as a trial run and Mereen went to hell for it. She watched her brother get burned by a bunch of savages and was cool with it. And the books make it a point to show that while Viserys was a dick, it was mostly because he was burdened with the loss of the Targ empire more than anyone. There's also a reason why that witch in season 1 didn't want Dany's child born to be the Stallion who Mounts the World.

This was teased with the Tarly's in season 7 and Tyrion trying to talk her down multiple times. This was in the cards for awhile
    I couldn't agree more. And for all the complaints I've been seeing about Dany's heel turn especially after this episode (which was masterfully directed BTW), one only has to go back through the books and the series to see that, in hindsight, the signs that Dany becoming the "Mad Queen" were there. Nor is like she went crazy all of the sudden or was crazy all along. Instead, I think it's very clear that, with the deaths of Jorah, Missandei, her two dragons, along with feeling betrayed by everyone around her, especially Jon, bit by bit she was reaching a breaking point...and finally she broke. I think what both book readers and show watchers didn't realize until now was that, instead of watching a "hero's journey," we've been watching a "villain's journey" intentionally made to look like a "hero's journey" just to amp up the tragedy of a revolutionary leader who had the potential to become different than any monarch before her, only to become the very tyrant she never wanted to become. To quote Nietzsche, "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster." One can debate whether it was rushed, but, as you point out, there were hints there all along. We, like Jorah, Jon, Tyrion, etc. didn't want to see them.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Also hope some of you caught it because it was sort of a blink and you'll miss it but Bran's vision of the dragon flying over King's Landing was replicated in this episode.
    Yep. Of course now I'm wondering if Dany's vision from the House of the Undying were she sees the Throne Room covered in snow will come to pass...because now it definitely seems like it was really ash instead of snow all along.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton