Page 461 of 555 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    No you said, and I quote

Which her council did not.
    That's what I mean, a video had already been posted about how they could do this, but for whatever dumb **** reason they didn't. They were useless...just that simple. Y'all want to talk about how littlefinger got badly written, Varys clearly had it worse along with Tyrion.

While the whole "Burning Civilians" thing was a dickish move, I'm not gonna shed any tear for Jaime, Cersei or even the Lannister soldiers, honestly, given that they have been committing war crimes left and right for 8 whole seasons.

That's called Karma.

No you said, and I quote

Which her council did not.
    The PR aspect of the campaign they were trying to push was to NOT murdering everyone in KL. People are already fearful because of the Mad King... Dani's actions basically justified those fears. You become a mass murderer of innocents and PR is basically out the window... you're left with a tyrant ruling by fear. Some Dany herself actually acknowledges, so in a way she called her own shot to Jon at least ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Danny ending as a mad queen was always a theory, way back. It's that the execution felt rushed and needed more developement. If we had a better execution, Daenerys going full Dresden on King's Landing would be an epic and tragic moment.
    Danny going mad queen is obviously GRRM's ending.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm so disappointed. Jon did nothing again.. and Dany turned full evil. Also the way Cersei died was so anti-climatic, she deserved much worse.

Only liked 2 scene with Jaime and Tyrion and the Hound and Arya. The rest was pure nonsense to me. Next episode looks even worse.

"A Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing." -Maester Aemon
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I won't say everyone is completely innocent... but that doesn't mean that Dany at this point should get a free pass for murdering thousands of innocent women and children. That's too much to just sweep under the rug.
    Do we have an exact numbers count? Might have just been hundreds.

Who is sweeping it under the rug? It’s right out in the open. Did you see what that Dragon did? One Dragon? It’s worse than a nuke. That creature could bring Westeros to heel singlehandidly.

If they wanted to kill her quietly Tyrion shouldn’t have outed Varys.

I know the ending is probably gonna be Jon killing her than have him just run away north beyond the wall, where surprise the White Walkers are back. Dun Dun Dun!
    The J-man

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I have no issues with Mad Queen Dany.

I just think the order of everything has been baffling. Fight against White Walkers would have been so much more intense if Dany was becoming unhinged, Cersei was half involved and Jon was sort of stuck in the middle.

Also struggling to see the point of making Jon and Dany a thing. The same tensions exist without.

I’ve always seen her as an inevitable big bad.

Jaimes story, however, is utterly baffling. How on earth did they get a character ark so wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    While the whole "Burning Civilians" thing was a dickish move, I'm not gonna shed any tear for Jaime, Cersei or even the Lannister soldiers, honestly, given that they have been committing war crimes left and right for 8 whole seasons.

That's called Karma.
    Agreed.....I wanted to watch the episode just to see that but I stuck to my guns and just read all the memes lol

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The PR aspect of the campaign they were trying to push was to NOT murdering everyone in KL. People are already fearful because of the Mad King... Dani's actions basically justified those fears. You become a mass murderer of innocents and PR is basically out the window... you're left with a tyrant ruling by fear. Some Dany herself actually acknowledges, so in a way she called her own shot to Jon at least ahead of time.
    That's very basic as ****, and not a good PR campaign. That's not good enough to win people over in the long term. Not burning people is basic bitch ****. If that's all they had to offer then I could have done better. Plus that not PR, that's military tactics, albeit shitty tactics. But nonetheless not a PR campaign.

Another interesting take on how the KL planning SHOULD have went.

See this video explains why Dani's council was so dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Do we have an exact numbers count? Might have just been hundreds.

Who is sweeping it under the rug? It’s right out in the open. Did you see what that Dragon did? One Dragon? It’s worse than a nuke. That creature could bring Westeros to heel singlehandidly.

If they wanted to kill her quietly Tyrion shouldn’t have outed Varys.

I know the ending is probably gonna be Jon killing her than have him just run away north beyond the wall, where surprise the White Walkers are back. Dun Dun Dun!
    There's supposed to have a population of like half a million or whatever. Who knows what the actual head count is, but it's high enough that it probably doesn't matter.

And no one is sweeping what she did under the rug... that's my point. She will be removed from the Iron Throne because people know what she did, and will stop her.

The Dragon is a big problem though. I agree it's a nuke. My guess is Bran warging it would be their counter if they need to deal with it. Perhaps the entire point of the Varys execution was to set that up. Maybe Arya or Jon are about the get executed, Bran does his thing, and the tables get turned.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    That's very basic as ****, and not a good PR campaign. That's not good enough to win people over in the long term. Not burning people is basic bitch ****. If that's all they had to offer then I could have done better. Plus that not PR, that's military tactics, albeit shitty tactics. But nonetheless not a PR campaign.
    Yes, it's basic... but if Dany is going to ignore the one basic rule then the rest won't matter. All the PR in the world wouldn't make a difference after she burns down kings landing. She can't win over the people long term or short term after the stunt she pulled.

And military tactics, while important, didn't matter THAT much because Dany frankly had the superior force anyways. What mattered most wasn't winning the war but rather winning the peace. Dany suceeded in the former but will fail at the later, and that's what will cost her the Iron Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

Also struggling to see the point of making Jon and Dany a thing. The same tensions exist without.
    It's primary plot purpose is that Jon then rejects her, which is what helps drive her over the edge. Jorah + Missandrei dying + Varys betraying her + Jon rejecting her = insanity.

Goddamm Euron, even in his dying breath he's annoying as f$%k.