Page 462 of 555 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    It's primary plot purpose is that Jon then rejects her, which is what helps drive her over the edge. Jorah + Missandrei dying + Varys betraying her + Jon rejecting her = insanity.
    Jon rejecting her is unnecesary for that though. Its an added wrinkle that isnt needed to get the same result

how much Kit get paid this season to do absolutely nothing?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Retired

In her final scene with Jaime, I really wanted Cersei to pull off her wig, to reveal a balding, grey head of hair. It would have made her more of a Elizabeth I analogue and been payback for showing Daenarys with bad hair at the beginning of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Goddamm Euron, even in his dying breath he's annoying as f$%k.
    I actually wonder if he's even dead. Jamie still managed to walk around with his wounds, so maybe...

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jon rejecting her is unnecesary for that though. Its an added wrinkle that isnt needed to get the same result
    This. It’s as if once he became King of The North they had no idea what to do with him to connect him with the Iron Throne plot.

If anything it makes Dany look even worse, imo. She's killing masses of innocent people because her boyfriend rejects her.. Makes Dany look really weak as a woman and character. Kill Cersei, Euron, but why innocent children?

Ultimate Member

This episode was really bad. I mean even if you want to play the "oh they've always been setting up Dany to go crazy," which they've done a rather poor job of anyway imo, the pacing of this was just awful. She goes from 0 to 750 in like 1.5 episodes. Even if this is GRRM's endgame, I have to believe that he'll make it more believable than this.

Also Arya is still the goddess of plot armor it would seem, whereas Jamie and Cersei get really lame endings.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What is killing me is all these people screaming "that is not Dani!", but in truth this is who she has always been. Her first impulse is to destroy and it has only been her advisors that talked her down time and time again. With all the calming voices either gone or pushed away there was nothing to stop her true colors from coming out, and this is who she really is. She is a zealot raised from birth to think it was her destiny to rule.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    If anything it makes Dany look even worse, imo. She's killing masses of innocent people because her boyfriend rejects her.. Makes Dany look really weak as a woman and character. Kill Cersei, Euron, but why innocent children?
    She didn't kill the people of KL JUST because Jon rejected her. That's part of it, but everyone she cares for either dying or "betraying" her in a short amount of time ended up having a cumulative effect on her. If this had happened at the start of last season, it's entirely possible she might have been done things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I actually wonder if he's even dead. Jamie still managed to walk around with his wounds, so maybe...
    fires one more scorpion, hits Drogon right in the brain, then dies

perfect ending for him
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What is killing me is all these people screaming "that is not Dani!", but in truth this is who she has always been. Her first impulse is to destroy and it has only been her advisors that talked her down time and time again. With all the calming voices either gone or pushed away there was nothing to stop her true colors from coming out, and this is who she really is. She is a zealot raised from birth to think it was her destiny to rule.
    Dany: This is entirely different

Tyrion: You’re talking about destroying cities. It’s not entirely different.

2 seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She didn't kill the people of KL JUST because Jon rejected her. That's part of it, but everyone she cares for either dying or "betraying" her in a short amount of time ended up having a cumulative effect on her. If this had happened at the start of last season, it's entirely possible she might have been done things differently.
    No but it was another big reason that pushed her over the edge. So if Jon loved her and wanted to be with her, she probably wouldn't do it.

What I don't understand is, Was Jaime's intention when he left Winterfell to save Cersei or kill her? I thought he wanted to stop her somehow, but all he did was to try to save her because he still loved her... I really thought he had strong feelings for Brienne, his eyes said it all.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    No but it was another big reason that pushed her over the edge. So if Jon loved her and wanted to be with her, she probably wouldn't do it.

What I don't understand is, Was Jaime's intention when he left Winterfell to save Cersei or kill her? I thought he wanted to stop her somehow, but all he did was to try to save her because he still loved her... I really thought he had strong feelings for Brienne, his eyes said it all.
    Romantic feelings aside, Cersi is carrying Jamies unborn child. So apart from his personal feelings for her (which were clearly still present), he had plenty of reason to try and save Cersi.

Ultimate Member

Nothing that Dany has done has been any more ruthless/brutal than many other leaders in GOT, that's the problem. And a lot of more "brutal" acts were played as "badass" as well.

No one called Tywin, or Ned, or Robert, or Roose, etc "mad" though. And again HOW they did it was REALLY poor writing.

It goes a bit deeper than that, really. Jon has been set up as a rival for the throne, and Varys just took his side. It isn't just that he's rejecting her as a love interest, she most likely sees this as another loyal friend lost, and, worse, lying to her about not wanting the throne. The relationship and Jon's stepping away from it adds tension/stress for Dany on several levels.