Page 466 of 555 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats true but the show didnt really do a good job of conveying that in terms of his character development. They really messed up by not having Cersei show as that visual would have done alot in reminding us without beating us over the head with it
    Cersi probably should have been showing a little... but the unborn child is mentioned both when Tyrion and Jamie talked and when Jamie and Cersi were about to die. So viewers were reminded that she was carrying Jamies child.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    All the episodes she said she intended to burn down whole cities and bring fire and blood with her tontake back what is hers.

Seriously someday I’ll comb through everything in the show that pointed to it and lost it. This has been a thing for awhile. She already had to be talked out if kebeking this city once.
    The idea of Dany descending into madness was toyed early on, but even when she would burn and kill her enemies she would make a point to say that women and children are not to be hurt.

6A11F66C-5372-4595-BFF7-1E9F6ADCA362.jpg

The problem with Dany’s fall in the show is that it’s really only the result of her character arc in this rushed season so it doesn’t feel earned.
    I look forward to seeing it done much better in the books.

Retired

Posted April 30, 2019:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    With only three episodes left, I can't see Daenerys going full Mad Queen in a way that doesn't seem rushed--unless it's a matter of the victors writing the history books, so her actions are re-interpreted as madness when in fact she's actually trying to defend herself and those she loves.
    I was both wrong and right. It does seem rushed and there's no way to really justify it.

But given how they made it seem like almost everyone died at the Battle of Winterfell, only for it to turn out to be about half in the next episode--I wouldn't put it past the show runners to minimize the Dragon Queen's path of destruction and only have a small percentage of King's Landing actually dead.

If people in Westeros were rational, anyone who could get a boat or a horse would go away from King's Landing as fast as possible. Because, friend or foe, they're going to get roasted by the Mad Queen if they even look at her wrong. Jon Snow and Tyrion should be beating a path of hasty retreat. But they won't, because plot.

I just don't see how Daenerys in a realistic scenario could be a queen of anything but dirt, because she would have no army or servants or anyone to carry out her orders. Everyone would go north of the wall or over to Essos, for fear of her dragon.

The Iron Throne is pretty much the One Ring in LotR. It's consumed Stannis, Cersei and now Daenerys. It needs to be destroyed.
    The Night King is Sauron and the wights are the orcs (but that's an unrelated matter in terms of the Iron Thorne)
    Last edited by Sparta; 05-13-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Retired

Is the Iron Throne still around? I guess if they didn't show it getting destroyed, then it must still be there, but I don't see how it's not melted by dragonfire, under a pile of rubble and ash. However, that's probably something they'll bait and switch, too. So it turns out that most of King's Landing is still standing and all the destruction was actually minimal. That's how this show works now.

Posted April 30, 2019:

I was both wrong and right. It does seem rushed and there's no way to really justify it.

But given how they made it seem like almost everyone died at the Battle of Winterfell, only for it to turn out to be about half in the next episode--I wouldn't put it past the show runners to minimize the Dragon Queen's path of destruction and only have a small percentage of King's Landing actually dead.

If people in Westeros were rational, anyone who could get a boat or a horse would go away from King's Landing as fast as possible. Because, friend or foe, they're going to get roasted by the Mad Queen if they even look at her wrong. Jon Snow and Tyrion should be beating a path of hasty retreat. But they won't, because plot.

I just don't see how Daenerys in a realistic scenario could be a queen of anything but dirt, because she would have no army or servants or anyone to carry out her orders. Everyone would go north of the wall or over to Essos, for fear of her dragon.
    Tyrion should definately get the hell out of dodge. After freeing Jamie, he should have been halfway to the Wall. But perhaps he wants to take whatever is coming to him for his actions.

But if anyone is close enough to Dany to either talk her down, or put her down it's Jon (or Arya disguised as Jon). So despite the personal risk, there's reason for him to stick around.

Is the Iron Throne still around? I guess if they didn't show it getting destroyed, then it must still be there, but I don't see how it's not melted by dragonfire, under a pile of rubble and ash. However, that's probably something they'll bait and switch, too. So it turns out that most of King's Landing is still standing and all the destruction was actually minimal. That's how this show works now.
    Most of the houses are probably burned down, but anything made out of stone (presumably most of the Red Keep, should be in descent shape. Stone doesn't burn. It frankly is surprising that dragon's breath did as much damage as it did. There must be a lot of concussive force in addition to actual flames in a dragons breath.

Jon’s been acting naively since episode 3.

Tyrion’s just utterly failed as hand to the Queen countless times. I still think he gives good advice and counsel, but whether it’s the Masters or Circe or Varys or even his Queen things haven’t gone well.

This ending is so rushed. This show really needed another two seasons to set up this Danny’s heel turn.

I love how people are taking 3 separate thro away lines as proof Danny was going to do this. She was flexing to protect her people when they were in dire straits.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I love how people are taking 3 separate thro away lines as proof Danny was going to do this..
    Forshadowing isn't throwaway lines.

It isn't proof she was "going to" it was proof that she "might" and that the potential was there.

And this show didn't do throwaway lines for the first 5? seasons
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Jon’s been acting naively since episode 3.

Tyrion’s just utterly failed as hand to the Queen countless times. I still think he gives good advice and counsel, but whether it’s the Masters or Circe or Varys or even his Queen things haven’t gone well.

This ending is so rushed. This show really needed another two seasons to set up this Danny’s heel turn.

I love how people are taking 3 separate thro away lines as proof Danny was going to do this. She was flexing to protect her people when they were in dire straits.
    Let's be honest though... people were debating about whether or not Dany would do this for a LONG LONG time. I think deep down we all HALF expected this to happen. I'm not saying it was guranteed to happen based on anything we've previously seen... but I don't think any of us can be genuinely surprised by this outcome either.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    So what became of the valonqar prophecy? Cersei's little brother Tyrion didn't kill her and in fact tried to save her. She died with Jaime, but not being choked out by him. I hope the prophecy just straight up turned out to be B.S. I hate prophecies as a plot hammering device.
    Well, even though the valonqar prophecy wasn't mention specifically in the show like the books, one can argue that it was still fulfilled.

As it's worded in the books by Maggie the Frog: "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Cersei did drown herself in tears, and the Valonqar, a.ka. "younger brother" (Jamie is the younger than her although they're twins) did wrap his hands around Cersei's throat and metaphorically choked the life from her when he told her "Nothing matters. Only us." essentially telling her to accept death like has in that moment. We just all assumed it would be a deliberate act of strangulation, not a comforting gesture from the only person she loved. Once again, as Game of Thrones often told us, we can and never should take prophecy at face value.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Let's be honest though... people were debating about whether or not Dany would do this for a LONG LONG time. I think deep down we all HALF expected this to happen. I'm not saying it was guranteed to happen based on anything we've previously seen... but I don't think any of us can be genuinely surprised by this outcome either.
    I guess Dany needed a monologue/rant where she goes from expecting to be welcomed as a hero by the small folk to "**** all of y'all".

Since the main complaint about from fans it is that the heel turn comes out of nowhere

As opposed to all the people who thought she was the true hero of the series and are mad as hell now.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Plenty of people knew it was a possibility. The execution is what failed here.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Nothing that Dany has done has been any more ruthless/brutal than many other leaders in GOT, that's the problem. And a lot of more "brutal" acts were played as "badass" as well.

No one called Tywin, or Ned, or Robert, or Roose, etc "mad" though. And again HOW they did it was REALLY poor writing.
    At this point people are just arguing in circles.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I guess Dany needed a monologue/rant where she goes from expecting to be welcomed as a hero by the small folk to "**** all of y'all".

Since the main complaint about from fans it is that the heel turn comes out of nowhere

As opposed to all the people who thought she was the true hero of the series and are mad as hell now.
    Its a perfect storm of all the above, mixed in with the long night arc failing to meet expectations. You basically got a fragmented fanbase complaining about separate things.