Page 468 of 555 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post

This episode could have been beautiful and powerful. But just two episodes ago Dany was the well-meaning savior of Winterfell, so there simply hasn't been enough time to turn her full psycopath. Yes, the signs have been there. This was inevitable. But it would've been far more powerful with time to savor it.
    All they really had to do is save Rhaegal's death for ep5.

Drogon and Rhaegal burn Euron's fleet to the ground, destroy all the scorpions on the wall, and the bell tolls in surrender.

Tryion, jon, and co breath sigh of relief. Lannister soldiers throw down their weapons. Dany starts to realize she won... she is queen...

then a scorpion arrows flies through Rhaegal's eye and kills him instantly. Euron doing Euron things or a lannister soldier just freaked out a bit.

Then Dany snaps.

It at least would have made the snapping make some sense. Made it more grey in nature where you could easily see Dany's side but easily see why mowing down civilians is kinda rough to watch.

Oh well lol

****... Tyrion is gonna get burned to death too isnt he? Just remember he let Jamie out and Dany won't know until she goes back and checks...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All they really had to do is save Rhaegal's death for ep5.

Drogon and Rhaegal burn Euron's fleet to the ground, destroy all the scorpions on the wall, and the bell tolls in surrender.

Tryion, jon, and co breath sigh of relief. Lannister soldiers throw down their weapons. Dany starts to realize she won... she is queen...

then a scorpion arrows flies through Rhaegal's eye and kills him instantly. Euron doing Euron things or a lannister soldier just freaked out a bit.

Then Dany snaps.

It at least would have made the snapping make some sense. Made it more grey in nature where you could easily see Dany's side but easily see why mowing down civilians is kinda rough to watch.

Oh well lol

****... Tyrion is gonna get burned to death too isnt he? Just remember he let Jamie out and Dany won't know until she goes back and checks...
    Assuming Tyrion hasn't gotten out of dodge (and from the looks of things he hasn't), yeah he's gonna be executed. Dany pretty much said so.

He appears be be okay with that since he's not bailing. Maybe like Varys he's going to sacrifice his life to try and talk Jon into taking the throne one last time. Either way hes sticking around to take his medicine like a man.

I wonder who Dany would choose as her next hand. Probably Jon or Greyworm I guess. Thats pretty much all that's left of the people she actually knows up in KL.

Incredible Member

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Thinking about it now, I can say season 8 is the worst season. The show stopped being great in season 4. When GRRM was still a producer on the show and D&D were adapting the best book (Storm of Sword- Book 3).

Ranking the seasons:
    8. Season 8 - Awful
    7. Season 7 - Too many dumb things
    6. Season 5 - Betrayal Portrayal for Dorne, Stannis, Sansa and Cersei
    5. Season 6 - Not good but not terrible either
    4. Season 1 - A good introduction to this hard world
    3. Season 2 - Scramble For the Throne
    2. Season 3 - Red Wedding/Beheading - Good guys lose
    1. Season 4 - Watchers on the Wall - Kings and Hands Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I don't agree with you about Jaimie at all, and it seems like MANY people feel that this was a betrayal of his arc so it's hardly just me. You're not going to change my mind, sorry to say.
    Honestly I don't get the betrayal thing. Cersi is the mother of his unborn child. Of course he was going to try and save both of them. Doesn't make him a bad person again. Anyone on the show in a similar position might do that.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-14-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

A lot of people invested in the characters wanted fairy tail endings for certain characters.

But at the same time, didn't want GOT to be like "every other fantasy show" where that happens.

Some of this backlash is inevitable. Especially when combined with lazy writing and crazy pacing by DnD
    Something I noticed is that authors like to payoff thematic trends that they set up based on character patterns and fans generally care about whether it was the most satisfying payoff

BANNED

A lot of people invested in the characters wanted fairy tail endings for certain characters.

But at the same time, didn't want GOT to be like "every other fantasy show" where that happens.

Some of this backlash is inevitable. Especially when combined with lazy writing and crazy pacing by DnD
    The thing is, the story is obviously is heading toward some kind of cliched ending anyway, where Jon heroically kills the Mad Queen, then heroically refuses to take the throne and wanders into the sunset, leaving the realm in the hands of Sansa or Gendry or whoever, answering exactly none of the questions fans might have about what actually happens to anyone. Also, this season really made me hate Jon's character, waffling and indecisiveness in the face of difficult choices do not a hero make, his character development was always a matter of tell more than show, but he's taking massive steps backwards to the point where anything he might do in the finale will feel forced and unsatisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Assuming Tyrion hasn't gotten out of dodge (and from the looks of things he hasn't), yeah he's gonna be executed. Dany pretty much said so.

He appears be be okay with that since he's not bailing. Maybe like Varys he's going to sacrifice his life to try and talk Jon into taking the throne one last time. Either way hes sticking around to take his medicine like a man.

I wonder who Dany would choose as her next hand. Probably Jon or Greyworm I guess. Thats pretty much all that's left of the people she actually knows up in KL.
    Davos is the most rational person on the show

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The thing is, the story is obviously is heading toward some kind of cliched ending anyway, where Jon heroically kills the Mad Queen, then heroically refuses to take the throne and wanders into the sunset, leaving the realm in the hands of Sansa or Gendry or whoever, answering exactly none of the questions fans might have about what actually happens to anyone. Also, this season really made me hate Jon's character, waffling and indecisiveness in the face of difficult choices do not a hero make, his character development was always a matter of tell more than show, but he's taking massive steps backwards to the point where anything he might do in the finale will feel forced and unsatisfying.
    The only ending that wouldn't be cliched would have been the Night King winning.

How is Jon waffling? Early on, all he cared about was the Great War. Afterwards, all he has done is say Dany is his Queen and he doesn't want the throne. He is been 100% Jon, loyalty and honor to a fault.

Only thing wrong with Jon is that he hasn't had **** to do all season

You do kind of get the sense the showrunners know the last season is super rushed and not going to go over well, that's why all reports say they are really nervous and staying out of contact from everyone till this blows over.

They were supposed to be working on that show Confederate (if the Civil War never ended) but HBO canceled it. Apparently, they are helming a new Star Wars trilogy....this will go well.
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I don't get the betrayal thing. Cersi is the mother of gis unborn child. Of course he was going to try and save both of them. Doesn't make him a bad person again. Anyone on the show in a similar position might do that.
    You're right.
    It's like people want Jaime to get rid of his complexity and inner tragedy to become a standard heroic fantasy hero! Jaime has been defined all his life by his toxic relationship with Cerseď, it's just that some people never overcome those relationships, just as in life.
    For me, even with the rushed story arcs and some mistakes the ending is great for me.
    The most heartbreaking thing for me is how Daenerys's Mad Queen move put Jon, Ser Davos and the northerners into the position of being war criminals. It's a great reflexion on war and its consequences, even if sometimes handled poorly.
    Where is your honor now, Jon Snow?

Retired

The problem with the Cersei pregnancy is that I never believed it was real up to the very end. It seemed like it was either a lie or a delusion. Or maybe Qyburn had made her pregnant with a demon baby. The show never did much to convince us that any of it was real. And it seemed like a cheap soap opera trick. And after all her lies, I didn't see how Jaime or Tyrion so easily believed her. She was the same age as Jaime who was looking a lot older than in his blond years, so the idea that she could get pregnant and carry a baby to term seemed in doubt. I thought that if the show really wanted us to believe it was real and convince Jaime and Tyrion of that, they would have given greater proof than Cersei sometimes putting her hand over her belly.

Davos is the most rational person on the show
    I completely agree. I'm just not even sure Dany actually knows who Davos is. But he would probably be the best choice, not that he would want the job under Dany.

If Jon wins the throne, I'm sure he'd be a lock though.

Extraordinary Member

The only ending that wouldn't be cliched would have been the Night King winning.

How is Jon waffling? Early on, all he cared about was the Great War. Afterwards, all he has done is say Dany is his Queen and he doesn't want the throne. He is been 100% Jon, loyalty and honor to a fault.

Only thing wrong with Jon is that he hasn't had **** to do all season
    Pretty much. Jon’s the same character he’s always been. This season he already accomplished his goal and got them prepared to face the White Walkers. He just needed to see it play out. He also learned of his parentage, but that was more information that was used by the other players to leverage.

As far as cliche, every ending possible has been predicted a million times over. Jon being king would be just as cliche.