Page 469 of 555 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I completely agree. I'm just not even sure Dany actually knows who Davos is. But he would probably be the best choice, not that he would want the job under Dany.

If Jon wins the throne, I'm sure he'd be a lock though.
    After the burning of King's Landing it's sure Davos will never be the hand of a queen who immolates children out of fury! Poor Varys was right!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    You're right.
    It's like people want Jaime to get rid of his complexity and inner tragedy to become a standard heroic fantasy hero! Jaime has been defined all his life by his toxic relationship with Cerseď, it's just that some people never overcome those relationships, just as in life.
    For me, even with the rushed story arcs and some mistakes the ending is great for me.
    The most heartbreaking thing for me is how Daenerys's Mad Queen move put Jon, Ser Davos and the northerners into the position of being war criminals. It's a great reflexion on war and its consequences, even if sometimes handled poorly.
    Where is your honor now, Jon Snow?
    Weren't the northern armies under Robb just as bad?

I binged so fast I can't remember clearly.

I guess the only army in the world that doesn't rape and pillage are the unsullied lol.

Change of topics

I am pretty bigger we didn't get to see the Unsullied and Dothraki in a proper battle against a trained army as "good" as them like the Golden Company.

That could have been a really cool thing. Dragon trump all though i suppose lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The problem with the Cersei pregnancy is that I never believed it was real up to the very end. It seemed like it was either a lie or a delusion. Or maybe Qyburn had made her pregnant with a demon baby. The show never did much to convince us that any of it was real. And it seemed like a cheap soap opera trick. And after all her lies, I didn't see how Jaime or Tyrion so easily believed her. She was the same age as Jaime who was looking a lot older than in his blond years, so the idea that she could get pregnant and carry a baby to term seemed in doubt. I thought that if the show really wanted us to believe it was real and convince Jaime and Tyrion of that, they would have given greater proof than Cersei sometimes putting her hand over her belly.
    There was no reason to believe it wasn’t real. If you didn’t believe her with Tyrion she basically confirmed it immediately after with Jamie by saying “there is one yet to come”. Then they had Jamie conform it was real in episode 2 this year.

I think this is just a case of overcomplicating things. There was literally no reason to lie to Jamie at all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Weren't the northern armies under Robb just as bad?

I binged so fast I can't remember clearly.

I guess the only army in the world that doesn't rape and pillage are the unsullied lol.

Change of topics

I am pretty bigger we didn't get to see the Unsullied and Dothraki in a proper battle against a trained army as "good" as them like the Golden Company.

That could have been a really cool thing. Dragon trump all though i suppose lol

Robb’s army consisted of the Bolton’s who were trash and Robb used Ramsay to win back Winterfell, the Frey’s who are incredibly problematic, the Karstarks who tried to revenge kill POW’s, and he was even trying to recruit the Ironborn who aren’t known for honor

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    You're right.
    It's like people want Jaime to get rid of his complexity and inner tragedy to become a standard heroic fantasy hero! Jaime has been defined all his life by his toxic relationship with Cerseď, it's just that some people never overcome those relationships, just as in life.
    For me, even with the rushed story arcs and some mistakes the ending is great for me.
    The most heartbreaking thing for me is how Daenerys's Mad Queen move put Jon, Ser Davos and the northerners into the position of being war criminals. It's a great reflexion on war and its consequences, even if sometimes handled poorly.
    Where is your honor now, Jon Snow?
    Jon is definately in a tough tough spot. To go against Dany at this point would defy both honor and love. I don't agree with the criticism that Jon has been indecisive this season... but I can completely buy him being indecisive about THIS in particular.

Dany probably needs to be killed if she be talked into simply leaving ... and I'm not sure after everything she has sacrificed she'd be willing to do that, even though I'm not sure deep down she even really wants to rule KL and the North anymore. I think she'd be happier simply ruling down south where everyone loves her and she knows it... but to just leave would mean everything she sacrificed was for nothing.

What great houses are even left at this point anyway? What is there for Dany to even rule?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    There was no reason to believe it wasn’t real. If you didn’t believe her with Tyrion she basically confirmed it immediately after with Jamie by saying “there is one yet to come”. Then they had Jamie conform it was real in episode 2 this year.

I think this is just a case of overcomplicating things. There was literally no reason to lie to Jamie at all
    I understand Jim's doubts because at this point Cerseď had lied to so many people, it was difficult to believe in anything she said. And by her ending, it looks she didn't lie (we will never know anyway, maybe she even lied to herself to have a reason to live!).
    It was great to see those 2 queens destroying everything because of their delusions.

Extraordinary Member

What great houses are even left at this point anyway? What is there for Dany to even rule?
    House Stark will likely install Sansa as Lady of Winterfell
    Dorne has a Prince now.
    Gendry can rebuild the Stormlands who have largely strayed from conflict since season 2.
    Edmure will likely regain the Riverlands with the Frey’s out of the way
    Yara and the Ironborn.

Westeros was pretty war torn before Dany got there so yeah the realm is weakened.

Only the Tyrell line is totally gone. Lannister is mostly wiped out but Tyrion exists. Ironically these were the two regions both effected by the Field of Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The problem with the Cersei pregnancy is that I never believed it was real up to the very end. It seemed like it was either a lie or a delusion. Or maybe Qyburn had made her pregnant with a demon baby. The show never did much to convince us that any of it was real. And it seemed like a cheap soap opera trick. And after all her lies, I didn't see how Jaime or Tyrion so easily believed her. She was the same age as Jaime who was looking a lot older than in his blond years, so the idea that she could get pregnant and carry a baby to term seemed in doubt. I thought that if the show really wanted us to believe it was real and convince Jaime and Tyrion of that, they would have given greater proof than Cersei sometimes putting her hand over her belly.
    The problem with proving Cersi's pregnancy is that it's not like that had ultra sounds back then, so proving it would be tough. And even if they did have some means of proving pregancy, Cersi as Queen probably had the means of rigging whatever tests they use if she REALLY wanted to.

My person opinion was because Tyrion figured out Cersi was pregnant on her own rather than flat out telling him, she was probably telling the truth. Had she told Tyrion she was pregnant instead I MIGHT be more inclined to think she was lying. Though truthfully I always thought it was real just for the sake of making her death more tragic for her and Jamie. If there's a way to make this stuff more tragic, they're gonna do it.

There's stuff left for her to rule.

I think the problem is that Dany doesn't necessarily want to just rule... she wants to be loved by her people like she was down south. And that's not going to be possible. SOmeone like Cersei doesn't give a damn if they like her or not, as long as they bend the knee. But for Dany, I think that actually matters. And that's a HUGE problem because after buring KL that's probably never going to happen. She sacrificed everything near to her so she can have something she probably doesn't want at this point.

Dorne has a Prince now.
    Gendry can rebuild the Stormlands who have largely strayed from conflict since season 2.
    Yara and the Ironborn.

Westeros was pretty war torn before Dany got there so yeah the realm is weakened.

Only the Tyrell line is totally gone. Lannister is mostly wiped out but Tyrion exists. Ironically these were the two regions both effected by the Field of Fire
    Dorne is the one that refused to bend to the knee to the original dragon conqueror right? Live in mountains or something

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

So... will Tyrion drop his Hand pin in the ashes and wander off to live as a beachcomber somewhere? Or will he speak truth to power to Dany and get roasted by Drogon or impaled by Grey Worm?

Will Davos then accept the position of Hand only so he can get close enough to finally stick a blade into someone who burns innocent children alive?

People keep saying how sudden and random it was that Dany "snapped" at that particular moment, but I think we'll see next episode that everything she did was going to happen ever since Missandei said "Dracarys" and lost her head. Though I highly doubt this is what Missy had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    So... will Tyrion drop his Hand pin in the ashes and wander off to live as a beachcomber somewhere? Or will he speak truth to power to Dany and get roasted by Drogon or impaled by Grey Worm?

Will Davos then accept the position of Hand only so he can get close enough to finally stick a blade into someone who burns innocent children alive?

People keep saying how sudden and random it was that Dany "snapped" at that particular moment, but I think we'll see next episode that everything she did was going to happen ever since Missandei said "Dracarys" and lost her head. Though I highly doubt this is what Missy had in mind.
    I imagine he is headed to the same place Vary's went to get roasted lol

Imagine he gives one more great speech, pseudo pleads to jon to do something, then burns

Dorne has a Prince now.
    Yara and the Ironborn.

Not to mention that Sam is now technically Lord of Horn Hill in the Reach, but I don't have much faith in the show following up on this. People might say "but his vows to the Night's Watch" but has the Watch even been mentioned this season? For all intents and purposes it doesn't exist anymore, nor does there seem to be any need for it.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Emilia knew!