Page 473 of 553 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 8295

Thread: Game of Thrones

  1. #7081
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,394

    Default

    Danny kept it real.

    You kill Missandei and everybody's got to burn.


    Circe should have died by fire tho.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  2. #7082
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,394

    Default

    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  3. #7083
    Mighty Member Johnny Peril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lands of Always Winter
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    So I'm guessing next episode we'll get Grey Worm vs. Jon Snow?
    "The greatest trick the Batman ever pulled was making people think he always has a plan"

  4. #7084

    Default

    So basically, all someone in Westeros had to do was hire a Faceless Assassin and the White Walker threat was done.

    Speaking of which, King Robert could have done the same regarding Denaerys, bypassing the small council. Tywin could have done against Rob. Renly could have done against Stannis or Joffrey.

  5. #7085
    For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Between L.A. & Savanna G.A.
    Posts
    879

    Default


    Bet this guy is pissed he got beheaded.

  6. #7086
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    So basically, all someone in Westeros had to do was hire a Faceless Assassin and the White Walker threat was done.

    Speaking of which, King Robert could have done the same regarding Denaerys, bypassing the small council. Tywin could have done against Rob. Renly could have done against Stannis or Joffrey.
    It's not QUITE that simple. You needed to know what can kill the Night King, you needed to know exactly where to strike him, and you needed to be able to get close enough to do it.

  7. #7087
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post

    Bet this guy is pissed he got beheaded.
    People are still arguing over Dani, but this disappointing arc hit me the most tho lol.

  8. #7088
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    People are still arguing over Dani, but this disappointing arc hit me the most tho lol.
    Eh the whole show has become disappointing in this final half season.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  9. #7089
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    It's because they're rushing it.
    It gives the impression that the writers are bored and simply want it over and done.

    Which is why they kill off Jaime, despite his terrific relationship with Brienne, give Cersei a disappointingly lame death, kill off the Hound and essentially get rid of as many characters as they can purely because they want to hurry up and finish it.

    Regarding Dany being from a family with a history of mental illness, what she is, is from a family with a history of incest and inbreeding. We all saw what it did to Joffrey. Jon however, is a Targaeryan but his mother was Lyanna Stark. In short he's probably the only Targaeryan who's actually sane.

  10. #7090
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Eh the whole show has become disappointing in this final half season.
    It became disappointing last season

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    It's because they're rushing it.
    It gives the impression that the writers are bored and simply want it over and done.

    Which is why they kill off Jaime, despite his terrific relationship with Brienne, give Cersei a disappointingly lame death, kill off the Hound and essentially get rid of as many characters as they can purely because they want to hurry up and finish it.

    Regarding Dany being from a family with a history of mental illness, what she is, is from a family with a history of incest and inbreeding. We all saw what it did to Joffrey. Jon however, is a Targaeryan but his mother was Lyanna Stark. In short he's probably the only Targaeryan who's actually sane.
    You honestly believe people wouldnt be getting killed off had this season been longer? The length isnt the reason people are getting offed. Every death in the last episode was earned, especially the Hound who's arc they actually didnt mess up.

    Jamie and Brienne didnt have a terrific relationship. IMO they should have never had sex. That was forced. I can see her being infatuated with him but I never got it from him. Their ONS added nothing and unnecessarily damaged both characters. Jamie dying though? I was fine with it

    I think people wanted to see Cersei murdered and not get a beautiful death. I get that. I actually think a better twist were to have her escape with she alone with her unborn child in exile
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-14-2019 at 11:03 PM.

  11. #7091
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    It's because they're rushing it.
    It gives the impression that the writers are bored and simply want it over and done.

    Which is why they kill off Jaime, despite his terrific relationship with Brienne, give Cersei a disappointingly lame death, kill off the Hound and essentially get rid of as many characters as they can purely because they want to hurry up and finish it.

    Regarding Dany being from a family with a history of mental illness, what she is, is from a family with a history of incest and inbreeding. We all saw what it did to Joffrey. Jon however, is a Targaeryan but his mother was Lyanna Stark. In short he's probably the only Targaeryan who's actually sane.
    Honestly I'm pretty sure even if the show wasn't rushed Jamie would have probably died, and the Hound would probably have been killed fighting the Mountain. The execution might have been better, but odds are good very few characers are going to walk away living happily ever after. Even if they had another 3 seasons I'll wager the body count in the last few episodes would probably be fairly high. I think this is just one of those types of show.

  12. #7092
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    Well at least it gives Martin some breathing room for his futur books, not gonna be too hard to top the show in terms of writing.

  13. #7093
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,327

    Default

    It's all so botched and rushed. The plot drives the characters instead of the characters driving the plot, and frankly the plot doesn't really matter much.

    What got me into the show was how fleshed out the world was. Compare Rob's army marching south for an entire season, to the Hound and Arya arriving in 3 hours. Unfortunately that really does impact the narrative. Arya and the Hound are able to get to the Red Keep because the plot says they do. Dany goes mad because that's how the episode ends. It's all predictably unpredictable.

    Jaime and the Hound both felt finished last episode. Jaime stays up at Winterfell, who knows where his story goes. The Hound sticks around up north, either joining the northern men or just living. No need to tie their narratives in a bow.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-14-2019 at 11:15 PM.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  14. #7094
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's all so botched and rushed. The plot drives the characters instead of the characters driving the plot, and frankly the plot doesn't really matter much.

    What got me into the show was how fleshed out the world was. Compare Rob's army marching south for an entire season, to the Hound and Arya arriving in 3 hours. Unfortunately that really does impact the narrative. Arya and the Hound are able to get to the Red Keep because the plot says they do. Dany goes mad because that's how the episode ends. It's all predictably unpredictable.

    Jaime and the Hound both felt finished last episode. Jaime stays up at Winterfell, who knows where his story goes. The Hound sticks around up north, either joining the northern men or just living. No need to tie their narratives in a bow.
    I don't think either Jamie or the Hound would have felt finished. Cersi is still the mother of Jamies unborn child, while the Hound has been building up the fight between him and the mountain for years. I think both had unfinished business in Kings Landing.

  15. #7095
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think either Jamie or the Hound would have felt finished. Cersi is still the mother of Jamies unborn child, while the Hound has been building up the fight between him and the mountain for years. I think both had unfinished business in Kings Landing.
    just because we feel that they have unfinished business, doesn't mean they do within the narrative. there simply wasn't enough time to articulate that story in an effective manner, so it became just a series of random scenes.

    Sometimes people find themselves in situations they didn't expect. Jaime MIGHT have gone back, or he might have just had a sad scene where he finds out his sister has died.

    again, all this is pacing and writing issues. you COULD have Jaime ride south and try to reach Cersei one last time, and tell that story...but you need to tell that story.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-14-2019 at 11:48 PM.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •