Page 473 of 555 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Danny kept it real.

You kill Missandei and everybody's got to burn.

Circe should have died by fire tho.
    The J-man

The J-man

So I'm guessing next episode we'll get Grey Worm vs. Jon Snow?
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

So basically, all someone in Westeros had to do was hire a Faceless Assassin and the White Walker threat was done.

Speaking of which, King Robert could have done the same regarding Denaerys, bypassing the small council. Tywin could have done against Rob. Renly could have done against Stannis or Joffrey.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Bet this guy is pissed he got beheaded.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    So basically, all someone in Westeros had to do was hire a Faceless Assassin and the White Walker threat was done.

Speaking of which, King Robert could have done the same regarding Denaerys, bypassing the small council. Tywin could have done against Rob. Renly could have done against Stannis or Joffrey.
    It's not QUITE that simple. You needed to know what can kill the Night King, you needed to know exactly where to strike him, and you needed to be able to get close enough to do it.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post

Bet this guy is pissed he got beheaded.
    People are still arguing over Dani, but this disappointing arc hit me the most tho lol.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    People are still arguing over Dani, but this disappointing arc hit me the most tho lol.
    Eh the whole show has become disappointing in this final half season.

Mighty Member

It's because they're rushing it.
    It gives the impression that the writers are bored and simply want it over and done.

Which is why they kill off Jaime, despite his terrific relationship with Brienne, give Cersei a disappointingly lame death, kill off the Hound and essentially get rid of as many characters as they can purely because they want to hurry up and finish it.

Regarding Dany being from a family with a history of mental illness, what she is, is from a family with a history of incest and inbreeding. We all saw what it did to Joffrey. Jon however, is a Targaeryan but his mother was Lyanna Stark. In short he's probably the only Targaeryan who's actually sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Eh the whole show has become disappointing in this final half season.
    It became disappointing last season

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    It gives the impression that the writers are bored and simply want it over and done.

Which is why they kill off Jaime, despite his terrific relationship with Brienne, give Cersei a disappointingly lame death, kill off the Hound and essentially get rid of as many characters as they can purely because they want to hurry up and finish it.

Regarding Dany being from a family with a history of mental illness, what she is, is from a family with a history of incest and inbreeding. We all saw what it did to Joffrey. Jon however, is a Targaeryan but his mother was Lyanna Stark. In short he's probably the only Targaeryan who's actually sane.
    You honestly believe people wouldnt be getting killed off had this season been longer? The length isnt the reason people are getting offed. Every death in the last episode was earned, especially the Hound who's arc they actually didnt mess up.

Jamie and Brienne didnt have a terrific relationship. IMO they should have never had sex. That was forced. I can see her being infatuated with him but I never got it from him. Their ONS added nothing and unnecessarily damaged both characters. Jamie dying though? I was fine with it

I think people wanted to see Cersei murdered and not get a beautiful death. I get that. I actually think a better twist were to have her escape with she alone with her unborn child in exile
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-14-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post

Honestly I'm pretty sure even if the show wasn't rushed Jamie would have probably died, and the Hound would probably have been killed fighting the Mountain. The execution might have been better, but odds are good very few characers are going to walk away living happily ever after. Even if they had another 3 seasons I'll wager the body count in the last few episodes would probably be fairly high. I think this is just one of those types of show.

Well at least it gives Martin some breathing room for his futur books, not gonna be too hard to top the show in terms of writing.

It's all so botched and rushed. The plot drives the characters instead of the characters driving the plot, and frankly the plot doesn't really matter much.

What got me into the show was how fleshed out the world was. Compare Rob's army marching south for an entire season, to the Hound and Arya arriving in 3 hours. Unfortunately that really does impact the narrative. Arya and the Hound are able to get to the Red Keep because the plot says they do. Dany goes mad because that's how the episode ends. It's all predictably unpredictable.

Jaime and the Hound both felt finished last episode. Jaime stays up at Winterfell, who knows where his story goes. The Hound sticks around up north, either joining the northern men or just living. No need to tie their narratives in a bow.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-14-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's all so botched and rushed. The plot drives the characters instead of the characters driving the plot, and frankly the plot doesn't really matter much.

What got me into the show was how fleshed out the world was. Compare Rob's army marching south for an entire season, to the Hound and Arya arriving in 3 hours. Unfortunately that really does impact the narrative. Arya and the Hound are able to get to the Red Keep because the plot says they do. Dany goes mad because that's how the episode ends. It's all predictably unpredictable.

Jaime and the Hound both felt finished last episode. Jaime stays up at Winterfell, who knows where his story goes. The Hound sticks around up north, either joining the northern men or just living. No need to tie their narratives in a bow.
    I don't think either Jamie or the Hound would have felt finished. Cersi is still the mother of Jamies unborn child, while the Hound has been building up the fight between him and the mountain for years. I think both had unfinished business in Kings Landing.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think either Jamie or the Hound would have felt finished. Cersi is still the mother of Jamies unborn child, while the Hound has been building up the fight between him and the mountain for years. I think both had unfinished business in Kings Landing.
    just because we feel that they have unfinished business, doesn't mean they do within the narrative. there simply wasn't enough time to articulate that story in an effective manner, so it became just a series of random scenes.

Sometimes people find themselves in situations they didn't expect. Jaime MIGHT have gone back, or he might have just had a sad scene where he finds out his sister has died.

again, all this is pacing and writing issues. you COULD have Jaime ride south and try to reach Cersei one last time, and tell that story...but you need to tell that story.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-14-2019 at 11:48 PM.