Page 526 of 553 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 8295

Thread: Game of Thrones

  1. #7876
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    true but it is what it is. There were only 6 episodes so an extended political play wasnt in the cards.

    As for Yara, you already claim it made no sense for The North to become indepedent. If they granted that to Yara, too, then why not the rest of the Kingdoms? That undermines making Bran king of the 7 Kingdoms if he's just that of KL. The series left him as king of the 6 kingdoms but I firmly believe there are already plots to change that and seize power. We dont really need to see that play out
    Yarra was already promised it before Sansa. The writers put it in there not me. So not sure why you on me because I expect writers to execute their own plot.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  2. #7877
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    And I'm not going to accept some silly semantics game man. That's weak.

    You were trying to argue about whether Tyrion or Varys were worried about her intentions. So you have two choices - you can keep playing semantics and putting so many caveats on your point that they are narrowed down to meaningless, or you can accept that, yes, her advisors were worried about her actions killing innocents.

    And they were. That's why Varys saw Jon as a solution to the "problem". That's why Tyrion pleaded with her about the bells. That's why Tyrion hesitated about the bells - he thought she would follow through on her word and end it. He didn't start dancing with relief, he held his breath to see what would happen. Why? Because he still had concerns she would kill the innocents.

    They were worried many innocents would die because of her malice or indifference. Period. This is not a thing to opine about, that's just what happened in the show. I don't know why that's even a point of debate.
    Lol collateral damage vs mass murder is not semantics. Pretty massive difference.

    This would be like saying their was no difference in how the US conducted WWII and Germany. Civilians died at the hands of the US and Germany. Difference is the German's specifically targeted Jews and other civilians and gassed them. That is not collateral damage.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  3. #7878
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Those guys had dragons that forced them into it
    Robert had no dragons and the Targs had no dragons for 150 years or so before Dany.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  4. #7879
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yarra was already promised it before Sansa. The writers put it in there not me. So not sure why you on me because I expect writers to execute their own plot.
    Sansa nor Bran ever promised that to Yara. The person who did is dead so it was a moot point. There was no plot to execute
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-22-2019 at 03:01 PM.

  5. #7880
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sansa nor Bran ever promised that to Sansa. The person who did is dead so it was a moot point. There was no plot to execute
    This is again silly. Yarra is still alive so it is not a moot point. She fought for Dany and Dany promised her something. It is absurd to think she would not press her case as a condition of accepting a new king especially after Sansa just did and after he held up her end of the bargain. And after her brother died saving Bran.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  6. #7881
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This is again silly. Yarra is still alive so it is not a moot point. She fought for Dany and Dany promised her something. It is absurd to think she would not press her case as a condition of accepting a new king especially after Sansa just did and after he held up her end of the bargain. And after her brother died saving Bran.
    and again there wasnt time to get into a political debate. Probably would have made for an interesting story for next season but we dont have that

  7. #7882
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and again there wasnt time to get into a political debate. Probably would have made for an interesting story for next season but we dont have that
    There was no need for debate. Bran didnt debate Sansa.

    Your argument seems to be we should ignore previous plot points because the writers chose to. I am saying they are hacks.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-22-2019 at 03:24 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  8. #7883
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    There was no need for debate. Bran didnt debate Sansa.

    Your argument seems to be we should ignore previous plot points because the writers chose to. I am saying they are hacks.
    My argument is that ts not a plot point thats relevant anymore bc Dany is dead so its moot to dwell on or address it given the limited time

  9. #7884
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and again there wasnt time to get into a political debate. Probably would have made for an interesting story for next season but we dont have that
    I fail to see why there wasn't time. Ostensibly, what was happening during the scene was a negotiation for the release of Jon and Tyrion and of the surrender of the Unsullied/Dothraki forces.

    That it devolved into a "let's determine who becomes king," was frankly really, shoehorned in. Grey Worm clearly didn't care or have an opinion on the matter, and only wanted justice for the death of Danny... Which didn't even get resolved in that scene (if I'm remembering correctly). So there's really no narrative reason why they couldn't have.

    And frankly the rest of the episode was just padding anyways, so it's not like they couldn't have found time to cover the issues. Like instead of Yara bringing up Danny's promise then, just have her bring it up to Bran after he becomes King.

  10. #7885
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sansa nor Bran ever promised that to Yara. The person who did is dead so it was a moot point. There was no plot to execute
    I'll admit I don't actually remember this too well. Did Dany really promise Yara that the Iron Islands would have independence? That's sort of suprising given how she feels it's her destiny to rule everything. I guess she was more laxed back then.

  11. #7886
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Robert had no dragons and the Targs had no dragons for 150 years or so before Dany.
    By that point they were already part of the kingdom. The North barely ever had any serious issues with the Targaryens or conflicts. And the first time they did, the North rebelled against Aerys. And since Ned helped put Robert on the throne, they stayed

  12. #7887
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll admit I don't actually remember this too well. Did Dany really promise Yara that the Iron Islands would have independence? That's sort of suprising given how she feels it's her destiny to rule everything. I guess she was more laxed back then.
    According to the wiki

    "Following the Second Siege of Meereen, Yara and Theon meet with Daenerys Targaryen and her advisor Tyrion Lannister. Yara offers to provide a hundred ships to Dany if she can help them defeat Euron and recognize the independence of the Iron Islands with Yara as the Queen of the Iron Islands, as her brother Theon notes that he is not fit to rule, something that Tyrion agrees with. Daenerys agrees to their offer after securing a promise that the Ironborn will cease raiding and terrorizing the mainland."

    Happened Season 6

  13. #7888
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Came across a pic of someone saying they hope Sansa brings democracy to Westeros in the final hours just hours before it aired.



    Would love to her know response to Sansa’s reaction to Sam’s suggestion.
    Last edited by The Shape; 05-22-2019 at 09:47 PM.

  14. #7889
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    According to the wiki

    "Following the Second Siege of Meereen, Yara and Theon meet with Daenerys Targaryen and her advisor Tyrion Lannister. Yara offers to provide a hundred ships to Dany if she can help them defeat Euron and recognize the independence of the Iron Islands with Yara as the Queen of the Iron Islands, as her brother Theon notes that he is not fit to rule, something that Tyrion agrees with. Daenerys agrees to their offer after securing a promise that the Ironborn will cease raiding and terrorizing the mainland."

    Happened Season 6
    It's a shame Dany wasn't quite as chill about independence as Sansa. Though with the North I suppose it's sort of moot since Jon already bent the knee anyways.

  15. #7890
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Came across a pic of someone saying they hope Sansa brings democracy to Westeros in the final hours just hours before it aired.

    https://i.redd.it/kpi79gxlxuz21.gif

    Would love to her know response to Sansa’s reaction to Sam’s suggestion.
    Honestly though, I'll wager that Sansa wouldn't have minded democracy that much because I think the Starks would pretty much have been a slam dunk even if they did vote. Jon might be more popular than her and Bran might be perceived as the true heir, but neither are going to be around anyways. Arya's gone too. So I suspect democrcy in the North would only be a technicality.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •