Page 533 of 555 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Lol not really I just don't think they were that great of a army.
    Yeah I was just joking.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah I was just joking.
    Yes I know you were.

It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Spectacular Member

Yeah funny Sansa thinks her band of rapists are going to scale the walls and take the city from well trained disciplined soldiers who have the advantage of city walls.

Frankly if I were Greyworm, I would have killed Sansa and thrown her entitled head over the city walls.
    There's holes in the wall, so no need to scale.

Given how flimsy they've treated backstory and invoked the "unreliable narrator," I'm pretty sure that story was just false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I was never that inpresst with the unsullied.
    Yeah, I don't recall them doing anything all that special. They're competent, sure, but they slaughtered soliders who surrendered and civilians this season... They fought some people in Essos? (Harpys?) They killed the Masters (who at that point we're basically defenseless). I don't recall them fighting the Dothraki, but they might have. In the fight with the dead, they didn't seem special either.

Yeah I guess I assumed they would have attempted to repair the walls but I suppose probably not complete assuming the time skip was only a few weeks.

I don't think they actually killed any civilians. I think it was the Northmen and Dothraki that attacked civilians in the scenes we saw. As for soldiers, I think they attacked before the enemy soldiers did which ultimately was smart. With Dany deciding to burn innocents, the enemy soldiers would have eventually attacked once the initial shock wore off. And obviously those surrendered soldiers started to fight back as Jon was attacked. I suppose it would have been more honorable to wait for the enemy to attack first but that would also be stupid.

So while I wouldn't say they are amazing, they most certainly look more capable than the Northmen who they had to protect during the battle of Winterfell and far more disciplined than the Northmen who were running around raping and killing civilians for laughs. Sansa's crew really didn't acquit themselves well in either battle especially now that Lady Mormount is dead.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-23-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    There's holes in the wall, so no need to scale.

Given how flimsy they've treated backstory and invoked the "unreliable narrator," I'm pretty sure that story was just false advertising.

Yeah, I don't recall them doing anything all that special. They're competent, sure, but they slaughtered soliders who surrendered and civilians this season... They fought some people in Essos? (Harpys?) They killed the Masters (who at that point we're basically defenseless). I don't recall them fighting the Dothraki, but they might have. In the fight with the dead, they didn't seem special either.
    I gotta admit part of me did want to see the Northerers fight the Unsullied, just to see Jon and Grey Worm fight. They had a couple staredowns towards the end of the season but nothing ever came of it. If they ever do some sort of GoT sequal down the line with these characters, maybe we'll see them finally throw down.

Just thinking if Jorah hadn't died what would he have done. Would he have stuck by dani, how would he have reacted to Jon killing her? Defeintly think he never woulda be down with killing her but I also dont know if he would stayed by her side after she slaughtered all those innocent women and children

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Just thinking if Jorah hadn't died what would he have done. Would he have stuck by dani, how would he have reacted to Jon killing her? Defeintly think he never woulda be down with killing her but I also dont know if he would stayed by her side after she slaughtered all those innocent women and children
    Some Youtubes I was watching say JOrah originally was actually supposed to survive, but they changed it.

I imagine if he had survived, he would have been against what Dany was doing and probably would have tried to talke her out of it. Or talk to Jon into trying to talk her out of it. It would almost be like having 2 Jon Snows in all those scenes. But he would absolutely NOT be down with killing her.

Jorah almost is better off dying, if indeed the plan was at one point to see him survive. I think he'd rather die protecting her at Winterfell than live to see her become this monster.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Some Youtubes I was watching say JOrah originally was actually supposed to survive, but they changed it.

I imagine if he had survived, he would have been against what Dany was doing and probably would have tried to talke her out of it. Or talk to Jon into trying to talk her out of it. It would almost be like having 2 Jon Snows in all those scenes. But he would absolutely NOT be down with killing her.

Jorah almost is better off dying, if indeed the plan was at one point to see him survive. I think he'd rather die protecting her at Winterfell than live to see her become this monster.
    Oh I agree I was just wondering what would come first his love for her or doing what's right. Yea apparently he was suppose to survive and go north of the wall with Jon and Tormund in that last shot but they changed it. Guessing Danis arc was different when they wrote that. But with what happened with her him death was perfect. Him living past that is a no win situation.

Amazing Member

Yeah funny Sansa thinks her band of rapists are going to scale the walls and take the city from well trained disciplined soldiers who have the advantage of city walls.

Frankly if I were Greyworm, I would have killed Sansa and thrown her entitled head over the city walls.
    Technically they don't have to scale the walls (Drogon did blew a big hole in it), they can just surround and besiege the city and starve them.

While I found this entire season ridiculous, not to mention I thought that council scene was rather stupid all around. I'm not sure how the hell Greyworm gets to dictate anything to the Westrosi lords/ladies given the circumstance he's in. I found it funny how they were tyring to placate him. Dany is dead - and with that they lost Drogon. They have a city that's half burned to the ground. How much provisions do they have? How long could they hold out in a siege? I don't care how well trained or well disciplined they are. They are in a foreign land with a finite number of troops, while the houses of westeros can call up more men if need be - and where mostly every House sees them as an invading army. He's not exactly in a position of strength here.
    Last edited by Variant; 05-23-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    A few things on this "meme".

If the Dothraki had bothered to you know, flank the Unsullied, rather than repeatedly charge a phalanx formation head on over and over (pretty stupid thing to do as light cavalry), they would not have held at Qohor. At all.

The North Soldiers are actual soldiers.

And really, they just delayed the army of dead for the rest to fall back. And being automatons, but with squishy stuff inside instead of gears and what not, of course they would hold a suicide position.

And to the person saying, "they have the wall!" Drogon kind of blew a gaping hole in it. What's more, long spears are NOT ideal for holding walls. And not once do we see the Unsullied use things like bows or crossbows. So, yeah.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

That is basically the ending we got. Bran is fucking evil.

Spectacular Member

And obviously those surrendered soldiers started to fight back as Jon was attacked.
    I don't remember all the details of the scene (and don't care to watch it again), but I do specifically remember that Grey Worm is the one who attacked first, not Jon.

As far as the Unsullied not killing civilians, I don't specifically recall seeing them kill civilians no, but I find it somewhat incredulous to think that they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Bran is fucking evil.
    Palpatine is a freaking kindergarten child next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    Technically they don't have to scale the walls (Drogon did blew a big hole in it), they can just surround and besiege the city and starve them.

While I found this entire season ridiculous, not to mention I thought that council scene was rather stupid all around. I'm not sure how the hell Greyworm gets to dictate anything to the Westrosi lords/ladies given the circumstance he's in. I found it funny how they were tyring to placate him. Dany is dead - and with that they lost Drogon. They have a city that's half burned to the ground. How much provisions do they have? How long could they hold out in a siege? I don't care how well trained or well disciplined they are. They are in a foreign land with a finite number of troops, while the houses of westeros can call up more men if need be - and where mostly every House sees them as an invading army. He's not exactly in a position of strength here.
    There was a time skip so as I said above, I am assuming in the aftermath of the battle they started repairs on the wall but I suppose we don't know how fair along they are. All we know is Sansa said the Northmen are outside the wall. You would think if there was still a huge gap she would have brought them in the city but then again the writers are stupid so who knows. Maybe Sansa didn't want to give them an opportunity to rape people again.

Greyworm gets to dictate because he was named commander of Dany's armies before she died and he is the one holding Jon. So you negotiate with him or he can simply kill Jon which is what he probably should have done from the start rather than wait for the Lords to assemble. With his lover dead not sure you want to gamble on his wanting to live so a suicidal stand where they kill as many soldiers before losing to attrition is not out of the realm of possibility if he simply wants to watch the world burn because Jon killed his queen.

I mean hell if he wanted to he could have simply slaughtered all the Lords there since again Sansa said her people are outside the city. I really am not sure why the Lords trusted that a dude that lost his love and his Queen, is a foreigner and executed prisoners at Dany's request would not just kill them all. They ultimately are lucky Greyworm is reasonable or more precisely the writers chose to make him reasonable in the end.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-24-2019 at 05:18 AM.