Page 543 of 555 FirstFirst ... 43443493533539540541542543544545546547553 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Listening to non geek friends complain about the ending. The biggest complaint more so then Bran ending up king after saying he couldnt be the lord of winterfell becaus hes the TER. Was that Grey Worm and Jon didnt fight. I mean I wanted them too but when it was all said and done it didnt upset me that they didnt but apparently people wanted those two to fight bad.
    Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think they are saving Grey Worm vs Jon for later, and I do believe there will be a later.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think they are saving Grey Worm vs Jon for later, and I do believe there will be a later.
    Depending what happens with these actor careers iono. Grey worm probably ain't taking off but Kit Karringtons might. According to Kevin Smith he hears alot of Execs want to work with people from the show just to get some attention by association.

Depending what happens with these actor careers iono. Grey worm probably ain't taking off but Kit Karringtons might. According to Kevin Smith he hears alot of Execs want to work with people from the show just to get some attention by association.
    Kit has already voiced Eret son of Eret in How To Train Your Dragon 2 and 3. Not the biggest role, but notable nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    I don't think you realize how plot armor works. She'll survive. It doesn't matter how absurd the scenario is (Seriously, have you been watching this show? We're long past that at this point) that's why it's plot armor. She'll somehow escape and just kill them all later. She slipped past all those troops when she did her batman act and suddenly appeared next to Jon after Dany's post-burning speech. I'm sorry to break it to you but if the Night king couldn't kill her, Raining Dragon fire couldn't kill her, multiple stabs in the stomach by faceless waif couldn't kill her. Greyworm won't be able to kill her. Once she escapes's she'll regroup and kill the leaders, and then go after their lieutenants. The North wins.

Arya is the north's nuclear weapon. Blame D&D, I'm just going by the show's rules.
    LOL....not to mention she was able to slaughter all of Walder Frey's sons all by herself with little effort which should have been impossible but she did it all by herself

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Kit has already voiced Eret son of Eret in How To Train Your Dragon 2 and 3. Not the biggest role, but notable nonetheless.
    He also was the star of a big block buster movie that I dont think did well in Pompei. Him and AAA(Not gonna try to spell his name but hes a amazing actor.). But yea just read something saying hes taking some time off to be with his family, change his look so hes less recognizable as that one character. When hes ready to work he will get roles just fine.

Who's career as benefitted the most from this show? Dinklage and Lena Heady worked steady prior. Waldu has been in alot of stuff lately. The obvious answer would be Jason Mamoa but he said that he could not get work for a long time after leaving the show.

He also was the star of a big block buster movie that I dont think did well in Pompei. Him and AAA(Not gonna try to spell his name but hes a amazing actor.). But yea just read something saying hes taking some time off to be with his family, change his look so hes less recognizable as that one character. When hes ready to work he will get roles just fine.

Who's career as benefitted the most from this show? Dinklage and Lena Heady worked steady prior. Waldu has been in alot of stuff lately. The obvious answer would be Jason Mamoa but he said that he could not get work for a long time after leaving the show.
    And now with the blockbuster of Aquaman, Jason is sure to be employed for a good long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And now with the blockbuster of Aquaman, Jason is sure to be employed for a good long while.
    Oh yea Jason's playiing fan favorite Duncan Idaho in Dune movie they are making. And supposedly starring in a Cliffhanger remake. But iono if Game of Thrones helped him that much, hes been real open about how he couldnt get work to save his life for awhile after leaving game of Thrones. He did Bullet to the head the same time as GOT and then didnt do anything for 2years. And nothing of real substance till Red Road which was iono 2013 or 14? I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, if Yara wants to die for Grey Worm, I'm sure Arya can accomodate her. She can serve her to Grey Worm before she kill him too. Again, we go back to the idea of whether or not this is worth it for Yara because regardless of who wins or loses, she's likely not going to live long enough to find out. Neither will Grey Worm for that matter. So Yara had better dam well be sure that Jon Snow getting punished is worth dying for, cause that's probably what going to happen.
    Yeah think you overrate things a bit. If the battle is in KL then not sure why Arya would be going to Iron Islands or how she even gets there. Again premise is Yarra keeps the Riverlands from going to KL not that she ends up there herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    I don't think you realize how plot armor works. She'll survive. It doesn't matter how absurd the scenario is (Seriously, have you been watching this show? We're long past that at this point) that's why it's plot armor. She'll somehow escape and just kill them all later. She slipped past all those troops when she did her batman act and suddenly appeared next to Jon after Dany's post-burning speech. I'm sorry to break it to you but if the Night king couldn't kill her, Raining Dragon fire couldn't kill her, multiple stabs in the stomach by faceless waif couldn't kill her. Greyworm won't be able to kill her. Once she escapes's she'll regroup and kill the leaders, and then go after their lieutenants. The North wins.

Arya is the north's nuclear weapon. Blame D&D, I'm just going by the show's rules.
    Yeah this isn't a D&D production. It is speculation that has nothing to do with D&D's shitty writing. She doesn't have the element of surprise at the council meeting.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-27-2019 at 09:09 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Jacon Anderson (Grey Worm) is actually a pretty good singer/rapper under the Alias Raleigh Richie.

It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Jacon Anderson (Grey Worm) is actually a pretty good singer/rapper under the Alias Raleigh Richie.

Dont mind his singing but heard him rap on Sway in the morning and didnt like it at all.

Extraordinary Member

Mamoa was always going to have successful action star career to break into. He’s got charisma in spades and has a unique look. Nobody else from GOT is capable of mimicking that. Also the market for it is huge.

Waldu’s already gotten some work. He was in Mama and The Other Woman which were decently main stream films during the shows run. So he definitely has some level of credibility for regular releases. Not to mention he was in Black Hawk Down.

Kit and Emelia will be interesting. I could see Emilia having a Jennifer Aniston type career where she was on a popular show so they’ll try to put her in everything and make her a lead. She’ll get opportunities, she just needs to pick the right roles. Kit, he’s going to have a harder time. He can’t default to action and can’t see him working well in comedy so he’s going to have to flex as a dramatic actor.

Dinklage will get nearly every little person role from now until the end of time and he already had some great work before the show. He’s set.

Headey’s arguably the best actress on the show and she got work before. She’ll be fine.

Obviously Turner will do well. She’s young, she has conventional Hollywood looks while still being unique looking, she’ll get roles.

Williams will be something interesting. Could see her get some niche stuff, but Arya might be the best she has.

Extraordinary Member

Listening to non geek friends complain about the ending. The biggest complaint more so then Bran ending up king after saying he couldnt be the lord of winterfell becaus hes the TER. Was that Grey Worm and Jon didnt fight. I mean I wanted them too but when it was all said and done it didnt upset me that they didnt but apparently people wanted those two to fight bad.
    This is like one of those Jon vs the Night King complaints. It’s complete fan service and realistically, Jon should lose decisively. Greyworn is the best fighter in one of the most renowned armies in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Mamoa was always going to have successful action star career to break into. He’s got charisma in spades and has a unique look. Nobody else from GOT is capable of mimicking that. Also the market for it is huge.

Waldu’s already gotten some work. He was in Mama and The Other Woman which were decently main stream films during the shows run. So he definitely has some level of credibility for regular releases. Not to mention he was in Black Hawk Down.

Kit and Emelia will be interesting. I could see Emilia having a Jennifer Aniston type career where she was on a popular show so they’ll try to put her in everything and make her a lead. She’ll get opportunities, she just needs to pick the right roles. Kit, he’s going to have a harder time. He can’t default to action and can’t see him working well in comedy so he’s going to have to flex as a dramatic actor.

Dinklage will get nearly every little person role from now until the end of time and he already had some great work before the show. He’s set.

Headey’s arguably the best actress on the show and she got work before. She’ll be fine.

Obviously Turner will do well. She’s young, she has conventional Hollywood looks while still being unique looking, she’ll get roles.

Williams will be something interesting. Could see her get some niche stuff, but Arya might be the best she has.
    To be fair to Dinklage hes gets roles that werent even meant for little people. But I feel like hes a higher caliber actor then most his costars and regularly acted circles around alot of them. And that's not a knock on any of them

This is like one of those Jon vs the Night King complaints. It’s complete fan service and realistically, Jon should lose decisively. Greyworn is the best fighter in one of the most renowned armies in the world.
    I dont recall seeing a Unsullied do anything that impressive in single combat. I'm sure they did but havent rewatched old season. Usally it's more of a unit thing though. Jon had some feats atleast. Also Jon was trained by Ned Stark who was holding his own against Jamie before losing his hand. I feel like Jon has an impressive pedigree aswell. Not saying I disagree with you but I dont think it's that cut and dry.

They have already tried pushing Emilia here and there and its... mixed.

She just isn't a strong actress for movies. Different tier of quality imo.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html