Page 55 of 555 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post

It's blasphemous to say but some decisions HBO have made are actually better than the books, like combining Arianne into Ellaria for season 5 or simplifying the brotherhood in the riverlands and cutting out the Aegon subplot which will 90% likely turn out to be a fake in the books.

Ι enjoyed Arianne as a character but i loved plot of Young Griff.It's such a game changer and even if he is not the real deal(i prefer him to be fake)i love his plot and propably brings Blackfyre back in the game.Also,i hope they won't cut Kingsmoot and Theon's uncles.Victarion and Euron are some of my favorites post-Storm of Swords characters.Especially the mysterious Euron.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

i guess i can skip the first two episodes

spoilers:
    i'm such a bad, bad boy
    end of spoilers

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

They've made some really odd decisions this season, some of them are smart and some of them are so stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    They've made some really odd decisions this season, some of them are smart and some of them are so stupid.
    i agree. i would have made a few different choices on what to keep from the books.

Nicely touching on a most all the plot lines.
    Have not read the books, so no spoilers please, but I assume from the Yong Cersi scene tat JonSnow is Robert B's son. One of the twenty the witch talked about.
    It would be in character fr Ned to take him as his own.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Nicely touching on a most all the plot lines.
    Have not read the books, so no spoilers please, but I assume from the Yong Cersi scene tat JonSnow is Robert B's son. One of the twenty the witch talked about.
    It would be in character fr Ned to take him as his own.
    Actually we don't know who his parents are.

Book spoilers follow...

spoilers:
    While Mance's burning did happen in the books, it was a feint. I don't buy that this was a ruse, though. It seems like they really killed off the character, and I can't say I mind. While the book's version was fairly intriguing, I found the show's version to be way too dour and one-note. What made Mance interesting was how he defied your idea of what the King Beyond the Wall would be like...on the show, he was completely what you would expect, making him dead weight in a crowded story. Good riddance.

Also, it seems like they're cutting the Aegon character, so they're making Varys' motivation be the "good of the realm." I find that so hard to digest.
    end of spoilers

Young Cersei was perfectly cast. The actress managed to channel 4 seasons worth of vileness in one scene. I find myself getting glazed over during Tyrion's scenes. Dinklage is great, no doubt, but both GRRM (in the books) and David and Dan (on the show) go to that well so often, that I'm bored by the character these days. And the show's habit of not adapting any of the character's shady tendencies has made me even more disinterested.

Aside from that, the opener was exactly what I expected...lots of setup and not a ton to talk about. Still excited the show is back, though!
    Last edited by BAMF; 04-12-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

If I ever read the books, it won't be until after the show is off the air. Seems like a lot of book readers have a hard time enjoying the show because of the comparison.

Looks like the show is trying to catch up in the male nudity department, now.

I liked the episode, but there's not too much to say about it. It was mostly setup, except for the Mance Rayder bit. Everybody got their 5 minutes of screen time. Except I missed Arya, and am glad we'll be getting a good bit of her next episode.

I have to say, Dany's dragons looked impressive. Hooray for the budget increase this season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    If I ever read the books, it won't be until after the show is off the air. Seems like a lot of book readers have a hard time enjoying the show because of the comparison.
    i don't know about that. i find most enjoy it, it's just a case of some feeling that parts, scenes, characterizations from the book would have been better, but at the same time liking the changes in other aspects. for example, as effed up as she is, i find tv cersei better written than the extremely one dimensional original book version (especially in the last book). i hope they don't fully adopt the book version for this season.

on another note, i'm tempted to watch another 2 eps

Kind of a terrible episode. SPOILERS:

acting, dialogue, production were all great, but it's basically an hour of people talking about plans for the other 8-9 episodes. The last five minutes were alright, but I wish something of substance happened.

Nitpick: didn't Cersei technically have four children. Including a son with robert who died in infancy?

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Nitpick: didn't Cersei technically have four children. Including a son with robert who died in infancy?
    Yeah. There is a lot of theory about that as well but of course the witch could have not been counting him because he died.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Actually we don't know who his parents are.
    True. But I can practically guarantee who *one* of his parents is. I'm pretty sure anyone following either the show or the books has a pretty good idea on that one. The father, on the other hand, could be one of two people in my mind, and the tv show is kind of leaning it in one specific direction right now, isn't it?
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Yeah. There is a lot of theory about that as well but of course the witch could have not been counting him because he died.
    I have no idea what "theory" is being used to dismiss her first born who died, but the correct answer is four. I'm pretty sure that an oracle would be truthful enough to at least get that right. And considering that she reveled in giving bad news, I would think she would jump all over that one. I'm putting this down to poor writing.
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.